Biotest

Chris - Veggies While on V-Diet?

Chris,

I have searched high and low all over this site but I cannot find the answer so I apologize if this has been answered.

Is it ok to have a serving veggies everyday while ON the V-Diet? Not part of the weekly HSM, but actually during the week. I did it last time and I do not think it affected me adversely but I wanted your input. I just put whatever I’m in the mood for which is typically pepper, maybe a squirt of lemon, oregano, etc, nothing that would add calories.

The veggies themselves might just be a salad (lettuce of spinach) or a mix of broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

I think you missed the point of an all-liquid diet.

Well this is my second time through the diet right now. My first time was cold turkey, by the book V-Diet.

This time im eating about a serving or 2 of some combination of broccoli, snap peas, carrots, cauliflower, green beans. And im losing just as much weight and i feel a lot better than last time to.

What about putting a serving of greens (e.g. spinach, swiss chard, etc.) in one of the shakes? I know it sounds gross, but the taste is completely hidden by the overwhelming tastes from the Metabolic Drive.

Only problem might be explaining to your boys what that frooty green drink is in your hands…

If you want to do the V-Diet and reap all the physiological and psychological benefits, then do the V-Diet as outlined. And that means solid foods only once per week.

In addition, we have to look at what works. Those who change the diet, even by adding something innocent like veggies, very often fail the diet or get less-than-great results.

It is true, at least my first time through the V-Diet that eating solid food made me crave it more and HSM days were hell for me, but if you can control yourself and just eat your 1 or 2 servings of veggies and nothing else it might work for you (not saying it will cause who knows your might be weird and will get fat eating them). I should also make mention that I don’t have “HSM days” I just eat the same vegetables everyday.

Not to throw your own words back at you Chris but, Ive touched the Stove, I learned, and it works (for me at least), I have a previous experience to compare this to so take it for what you want.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
If you want to do the V-Diet and reap all the physiological and psychological benefits, then do the V-Diet as outlined. And that means solid foods only once per week.

In addition, we have to look at what works. Those who change the diet, even by adding something innocent like veggies, very often fail the diet or get less-than-great results. [/quote]

Thanks, that’s all I needed!