Biotest

Chris, I Need the Idiots Guide


#1

A few months ago my GF bought me the Velocity gear for the diet but I wanted to get the holidays out of the way first before hitting it.

I downloaded the intermediate excersise plan. But I must be brain farting. I just want make sure of the few things. Lets take the 1st Monday as an example.

1)I see that there are 15 sets for squats. You also have 20 total reps. Now is that 20 reps per set?
2)Load (Heavy) 4-5RM…what does “4-5 RM” mean? Sorry for the brain fart but I used to know this but i’ve forgotten.
3) What is the row listed “Total” used for?
4) We rest 30 seconds in between sets. Now, are we supposed to do 15 sets of 20 squats in secession or do we do one set of 20 Squats-rest 30 seconds and then do a set of 20 chin ups and go down the line that way?

Again, sorry for being an idiot but I just want to get it right and I searched the entire site and I didnt see this explained,leading me to believe that I am a moron… :slight_smile:

thanks.


#2

Sounds like you haven’t read the full instructions. These are found in the V-Diet plan, not on the printout. It’s all explained there, in detail. Just go through the tabs. Tab 4 is probably what you need:

http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30


#3

All but 2 is probably answered there, RM is probably rep max. So 4-5 would be a weight you can only do 4-5 times


#4

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
All but 2 is probably answered there, RM is probably rep max. So 4-5 would be a weight you can only do 4-5 times[/quote]
So, I want to do 4-5 reps per set and not 20 reps per set?


#5

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Sounds like you haven’t read the full instructions. These are found in the V-Diet plan, not on the printout. It’s all explained there, in detail. Just go through the tabs. Tab 4 is probably what you need:

http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30[/quote]
I read it but it was a little confusing to me when I was trying to match it up with how the printed workout sheets are set up.
If you could spell it out that would help not only me but im guessing a lot of people that havent posted.
Am I supposed to to 4-5 reps per set, 10 reps per set, 20 reps per set or 20 reps spread between all of the sets?
Thanks


#6

[quote]TallRob wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Sounds like you haven’t read the full instructions. These are found in the V-Diet plan, not on the printout. It’s all explained there, in detail. Just go through the tabs. Tab 4 is probably what you need:

http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30[/quote]
I read it but it was a little confusing to me when I was trying to match it up with how the printed workout sheets are set up.
If you could spell it out that would help not only me but im guessing a lot of people that havent posted.
Am I supposed to to 4-5 reps per set, 10 reps per set, 20 reps per set or 20 reps spread between all of the sets?
Thanks[/quote]

If it calls for 20 reps you have as many sets as needed to get to 20 ( or lets limit you to 15 sets ) if it takes you 15 sets, you’re too heavy, if it takes you 1 set you’re too light.

If it’s a heavy load recommended for that movement then pick something that’s going to take you a few sets to hit 20.

Make sense?


#7

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]TallRob wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Sounds like you haven’t read the full instructions. These are found in the V-Diet plan, not on the printout. It’s all explained there, in detail. Just go through the tabs. Tab 4 is probably what you need:

http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30[/quote]
I read it but it was a little confusing to me when I was trying to match it up with how the printed workout sheets are set up.
If you could spell it out that would help not only me but im guessing a lot of people that havent posted.
Am I supposed to to 4-5 reps per set, 10 reps per set, 20 reps per set or 20 reps spread between all of the sets?
Thanks[/quote]

If it calls for 20 reps you have as many sets as needed to get to 20 ( or lets limit you to 15 sets ) if it takes you 15 sets, you’re too heavy, if it takes you 1 set you’re too light.

If it’s a heavy load recommended for that movement then pick something that’s going to take you a few sets to hit 20.

Make sense?[/quote]
Ok, that makes sense. So, thats why the sheets have so many sets, the 4 tab doesnt explain the workout sheets. Its not apparent (to me) that the sheets are semi-open ended.
thank you for explaining this to me (King of the Morons).


#8

This was super confusing to me too! I had to have my husband sit down and explain 2 times. It is not just you! :slight_smile: We must be left brained, or something… haha!


#9

Hi another moronic question. So this is what it says in the plan…

Select a weight that allows you to hit the target repetitions on the first set of that exercise. You’ll probably do fewer reps on subsequent sets. Keep going until you hit the designated number, no matter how many sets it takes.

Now… what is the “designated number” If first set is 20 reps, 2nd=18 then is 3rd supposed to = 2? how many times am I supposed to hit ‘20 reps’ if the exercise sheet has 12 sets… how many total reps? is ‘total reps’ the “designated number”?


#10

Example: For the intermediate plan on Monday, you shoot for 20 reps per exercise (not per SET).

Now look at the LOAD section: It says 4-5 reps. So you choose a weight that allows you to get only 4-5 reps on the first set. That’s the designated number.

You’re going to do as many sets as needed to reach 20 reps using that load. It may look like this:

Set 1: 5 reps
Set 2: 4 reps
Set 3: 4: reps
Set 4: 3 reps
Set 5: 3 reps
Set 6: 1 reps

Just watch the rest periods and follow THAT designated number too.

And if you can hit 5 reps on every set, you didn’t choose a good load - not heavy enough.