Biotest

Chodax's V-Diet Log

Good luck chodax

I wanted to ask i am in the same boat as you i used the same formula. My max is 1620 and my low 1350. I weight 244 lbs I find it hard to get to the “at least 1g of protein per lb of body weight” without going over by more than 50 calories. Can i just skip the peanut butter and replace it with a sixth shake to get that extra 40g of protein?

I actually had a similar question like that earlier. Don’t base your decision completely on this since it is all hear-say but you don’t need 1g of protein per pound you way if you are trying to lose more than 35 pounds and there is a natural fat in peanut butter that you don’t get anywhere else in the diet.

I went from 240 to 210 during Vdiet and transition the first time. If you find you are ever in doubt just look around at all the people on here and see how well it works.
Best of luck

[quote]JailBa8 wrote:
Good luck chodax

I wanted to ask i am in the same boat as you i used the same formula. My max is 1620 and my low 1350. I weight 244 lbs I find it hard to get to the “at least 1g of protein per lb of body weight” without going over by more than 50 calories. Can i just skip the peanut butter and replace it with a sixth shake to get that extra 40g of protein?[/quote]

Actually Chris has addressed this but it was buried in someone else’s log (called “Starting the V-diet, Need Some Answers”). You don’t need that much protein and I’d personally leave in the PB for the different types of fats and just to give you something to look forward to every night.

Here is what Chris Shugart said in the above mentioned thread:

[quote]chodax wrote:
I also wanted to thank allenkt for pretty much answering all of my random questions that I asked about the v-diet. For some reason the pictures go on the top but this is my front pic.

This is also the basic diet that I will be using.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=674036&da=y[/quote]

No problem man :slight_smile: Good luck and we’re looking forward to seeing how well it works for you.

[quote]allenkt wrote:
Actually Chris has addressed this but it was buried in someone else’s log (called “Starting the V-diet, Need Some Answers”). You don’t need that much protein and I’d personally leave in the PB for the different types of fats and just to give you something to look forward to every night.

Here is what Chris Shugart said in the above mentioned thread:

The formula for very overweight people does not mean you’ll lose 35 pounds in 28 days. That’s impossible. But if you NEED to lose 35 or more pounds eventually, then use that formula.

If a very overweight person uses the regular formula he’ll consume too many calories, plus he just doesn’t need that much protein. For example, though the “gram of protein per pound of body weight” rule is good, obviously a 300 pound person with little muscle mass doesn’t need 300g of protein per day.
[/quote]

Ok thanks for clarifying it

Well the vanilla shakes were not as good as I hoped they were going to be, I am hoping the chocolate powder (coming in tomorrow) will be much better. But day 1 is over!

[quote]chodax wrote:
Well the vanilla shakes were not as good as I hoped they were going to be, I am hoping the chocolate powder (coming in tomorrow) will be much better. But day 1 is over![/quote]

Really? Are you using Metabolic Drive? Personally I think vanilla is the best flavor because it is so versatile. I don’t mind it straight up but I really like adding things like Superfood (delicious when you mix 2 scoops vanilla Metabolic Drive and 2 scoops of Superfood), cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, apple pie spice, or any of the DaVinci sugar-free syrups (found in the coffee section of stores because it’s usually used to flavor coffee drinks).

[quote]allenkt wrote:
chodax wrote:
Well the vanilla shakes were not as good as I hoped they were going to be, I am hoping the chocolate powder (coming in tomorrow) will be much better. But day 1 is over!

Really? Are you using Metabolic Drive? Personally I think vanilla is the best flavor because it is so versatile. I don’t mind it straight up but I really like adding things like Superfood (delicious when you mix 2 scoops vanilla MD and 2 scoops of Superfood), cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, apple pie spice, or any of the DaVinci sugar-free syrups (found in the coffee section of stores because it’s usually used to flavor coffee drinks).
[/quote]

Yea I am doing all Biotest products. I am going to try to add some spice to it then I just can’t see myself being able to finish that many shakes a day for the 28 days of the same taste.

I think I am going to just go for 8 scoops (4 shakes) a day and the full serving of PB for the 4th shake. The recommendation is 4-6 shakes a day so I will just stick to 4.

You can get 5 shakes a day out of 8 scoops if you do what I’ve been doing. Two of your shakes will only have 1 scoop and the other three with have 2 scoops. Personally, I have a 2-scoop in the morning after my NEPA walk. Then I have a 1 scoop shake 3 hours later. On workout days I hit the gym 30 minutes after that shake so the Surge kind of balances out the 1 scoop. On non-workout days I just suck it up and get a little hungry (or eat a fiber tablet) until the 3 hours is up for my next shake. Then I have my last 1 scoop shake before bed with my PB. Chris has said he prefers the last meal to be lighter anyway (if you have to do it that way) plus I figure the PB makes up for the missing scoop in my shake.

Play around with it but that’s what seems to work for me.

Yea I will try that. But added the cinnamon to my first shake today and tastes much better. I also added less ice so it kind of tastes like Horchata which is pretty good.

Cool. I had a vanilla shake with Nescafe instant coffee added for my first shake this morning. That was pretty good too.

Just my input in regards to it being impossible to lose 35lbs in 28 days. It is actually possible, just unlikely. With suffiecent muscle mass its very practical. I just ended week 3 and I’m down 30lbs and I was not very over weight. At least not by my definition. Which isn’t obese either.

[quote]chodax wrote:

Yea I am doing all Biotest products. I am going to try to add some spice to it then I just can’t see myself being able to finish that many shakes a day for the 28 days of the same taste.
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with what’s been said. I usually add some flavoring of some kind (sugar free) or “liquid essence”, my fave’s for the chocolate shakes are the coffee and strawberry. Essentially Mocha and chocolate covered strawberries. So tasty!