Biotest

Chelsey's V-Diet Self Challenge

Keep up the awesome work!
You’ll appreciate being able to ‘chew your food’ so much, when you have your HSM.
I think someone has made pancakes out of their shakes? Not 100% sure though.
Again, keep up the great work, you can do it!

Yay! 1 week down. The weekend went by far smoother than I thought it would. I had my HSM on Saturday night and boy was it ever tasty. I had a half a filet mignon, chicken breast, cauliflower mashed with cottage cheese, sweet potato, and a big old salad. It honestly took me about an hour to eat the whole thing. I later had a handful of deep dark delishious red cherries for my dessert. So good! Today I am feeling pretty good. Finished my third shake, am almost done work and am ready to hit the gym! I forgot to weight myself today so I’m going to do that and take pictures of my progress. My stomach is definitely flattening out and the last I checked I was down about 5 lbs, most of which I know is water weight so hopefully from here on out it will be all fat.

I think a big part of this diet is simply taking it day by day. You can’t sit there and think ‘oh my god I can’t believe I have another 3 weeks of this’. Rather you need to be proud that you’ve already made it one week and look at each and every day as an accomplishment, I know I sure do. I don’t know that most of the general population would be prepared for or could handle something like this so knowing that I can do it, well that in itself is an accomplishment for me.

Over and out for now, I will try and post pictures tomorrow!

Keep up the good work!

Yummy! Ok so I found a couple of new ways of eating my protein that I absolutely love!!!

The first way is I take my vanilla protein and put in a ton, and I mean a ton of cinnamon or apple pie spice. Then for every scoop I add 2-3 tablespoons of very warm (near boiling) water. I mix it all up until its kinda goopy, but not too soupy. It is really really good, especially in the morning, it reminds me of warm oatmeal!

The second way I eat it is pretty much the same. For my last meal of the day I take either my chocolate or vanilla protein, add my desired spices and add 1-2 tablespoons of cold water, then mix in the nut butter. I’m telling you it tastes like cookie dough.

If I feel like doing this I am sure to not add the L-Leucine as I don’t like the after taste so I just mix it in with my Superfood or a tiny tiny amount of protein and water just to mask its taste. I took some pictures of what my little concoctions look like so I’ll post those later.

I just figured if I’m going to have the same thing day in and out I might as well make the most of it to enjoy it!

Yay day 10! The V-Diet feels like the norm to me know, it really requires no thought and I’m no longer getting nagging feelings of hunger. I am a little nervous about the weekend, I’m going to a Hawaiian luau and there will be some pretty tasty food. Saturday is my HSM day so I figure I’ll just pack my own food and then I can eat when everyone else does and still stay on track.

I am wondering when most people began to notice the most change? If it was right away or during the last couple of weeks?

Ok so Day 12 almost done!

Going to workout after work and I am pumped! The HOT-ROX are finally agreeing with me and know I get the most amazing surge of energy from them along with a sense of euphoria. They’re like magic happy pills! I have been a little down the past couple of days, I’m just not seeing the results as quick as I would’ve liked.

I know I know it took how long to put it on and I’m expecting it to go away so fast? I’m a results person so I guess I’m just antsy. Steve has been great at supporting me, he keeps telling me to hang in there and stick with it. He told me this is the point where many would quit, well I’m sure as shit not going to give up and quit. I know the results will come, I just need to stick with it.

On the good side of things my workouts have been going really well. My deadlift has gone up and so have my squats and chin ups.

The Hawaiian Luau got cancelled this weekend so now I won’t have to deal with that temptation anymore. I’m sure they’ll be some event we go to though and I just need to go there with the right mindset.

Made it through the weekend with no issues and now I’m on Day 17! I can’t beleive I’ve already made it past two weeks. Seriously the feeling of self control I have is amazing. I also started planning my transition phase and beyond and ordered some amazing things online from a low carb store. I ordered a bunch of shirataki noodles and some amazing Walden Farms products. I can’t wait to have some sryup to put on my protein psyillium husk pancakes, yummers!

I ordered a variety of salad dressings and dips that are all calorie free and use filtered water, aged vinegar, spices, natural flavourings, and splenda. Some people complain the dressings aren’t creamy enough but what do you expect from something that’s calorie free? I think this will help me eat more veggies and volumize my meals like Chris suggests.

I think that planning ahead for the transition phase will help me a lot. We don’t keep junk food in the house because neither of us eat it but I really wanted to make sure it was well stocked with lots of variety and choice so I don’t get bored with my food and succome to sudden cravings when I’m out and about.

I can’t believe I’ve already made it to week 4! Whoo hoo! I am amazed at not only how much my physical appearance has changed but also my mental approach to dieting and weight loss. I know that I will still have some work to do once I’m done and plan on taking a paleo approach as many other have had great success with this.

I don’t think I’ve mentioned this previously but my boyfriend and I are opening up our own strength and conditioning facility in January and now I feel like I’m in reach of my nutrition goals and that my eating now matches my training. I cannot even begin to say how excited I am to have our 2 prowler sleds delivered. I am not a cardio person, I like hiking and roller-blading but I hate running and ellipticals and the likes. For me I like to do things like Chris, work insanely hard for a short amount of time and get it done! I have alwayd enjoyed high intensity interval training and having access to a prowler whenever I want will make that even easier.

I thought long and hard before getting myself started on this diet and I’m so happy I did, it has made me prove to myself that I do have self control and a lot more than I thought I did. I had pretty good eating habits before but I realize now that I was allowing myself to eat bad food sometimes but justifying it somehow.

21 days down, 7 more to go, then a lifetime of healthy eating!

Keep up the great work mate!
Exciting to hear you’re doing well and that you and your boyfriend are opening up the strength and conditioning facility. That sounds really cool - and good luck with it.
You’re on the home stretch, so keep at it! You will do it.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.