Biotest

Cheat Day

So I cheated…I went HARD yesterday, and now I’m miserable. I woke up covered in sweat…I guess my body isn’t used to that kind of abuse anymore. Anyway, now what? I’m going to V-Diet this weekend to try and get back on track, but what have you guys done to overcome/prevent this kind of binge? I’m depressed and feel like I’ve taken several steps back…Please help with any advice, thoughts, etc…

There’s nothing to do except not do it again.

We could talk about binge eating triggers, planning ahead so you’re not tempted, and I could recommend “The End of Overeating” book so you could get to the root of why toxic foods are so tempting, but…

It all comes down to you making the decision to change and not giving yourself any wiggle room. And BTW, saying “I’m going to try not to do that again” is like saying “Yeah, I’m going to do it again.” Make a real commitment.

How would you like your spouse telling you “I’m going to try not to cheat.” Doesn’t build much trust and confidence, does it? No, you want a commitment.

All this can be a process for some people. You cheat a lot, then a little, then never again. Learning to cool helps a lot. Why cheat on pizza when you can have a pizza at home that tastes just as good and doesn’t wreck your goals?

One tool to use to get over a cheat is the MAG-10 Pulse Fast.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/mag10_pulse_fast

But, just because that’s helps to “fix” a cheat meal doesn’t mean that cheat meals are okay.

It helped me to throw out the bad foods in the hosue. I decided I would rather throw away the money I spent for it than feel bad about myself and hurt my progress. I know it may not work well for those who live with others but I definitely felt the cost of food was lower than the cost to self worth.

[quote]BigRedOctober wrote:
It helped me to throw out the bad foods in the hosue. I decided I would rather throw away the money I spent for it than feel bad about myself and hurt my progress. I know it may not work well for those who live with others but I definitely felt the cost of food was lower than the cost to self worth.[/quote]

Good tip.