Biotest

Celery

Is there anything wrong with adding a couple of sticks of celery a day to the diet with a little salt on.

Each stick is only 3 calories and some say it takes more than that to digest it!

Yeh I think this has been asked before and its a no-no despite the low nutritional values.

I think the reason is the whole changing the taste bud thing :slight_smile:

No changes to the diet.

Why on earth do you want celery?

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2242615

I can say this much. Solid will will drastically reduce compliance to this diet.

If solids drastically reduce compliance to this diet. Why then is it suggested to microwave then protein to make a cake?

That’s not suggested at all. If people actually took the time to read Chris Shugart’s stickies or Gus’s physique clinic, there’s no one saying… okay guys, heres how we bake a cheap ass, shitty tasting cake with Metabolic Drive.

A possible tweaker was probably moping around after their 2nd day of shakes, thinking about how they could EAT something (weak minded), and instead of going out and getting their daily NEPA walk, they posted up in the kitchen (GET OUT of the DAMN kitchen), fiddled around and wasted time creating some concoction that even mice wouldn’t touch!!

Okay… I’m done, lol.

The cake came from the transition period, although not clarified.

[quote]Dolce wrote:
That’s not suggested at all. If people actually took the time to read Chris Shugart’s stickies or Gus’s physique clinic, there’s no one saying… okay guys, heres how we bake a cheap ass, shitty tasting cake with Metabolic Drive.

A possible tweaker was probably moping around after their 2nd day of shakes, thinking about how they could EAT something (weak minded), and instead of going out and getting their daily NEPA walk, they posted up in the kitchen (GET OUT of the DAMN kitchen), fiddled around and wasted time creating some concoction that even mice wouldn’t touch!!

Okay… I’m done, lol.[/quote]

I could be wrong, but didn’t he SUGGEST making puddings and making the shakes as thick as possible so you pretty much have to eat them with a spoon. it’s not quite the same as making a cake, granted, but it’s pretty similar if you ask me.

I really would be interested to see what he says about nuking the Metabolic Drive- especially because I definitely used this trick to beat my PMS Velocity blues. It didn’t taste great but it kept me on track where as otherwise, I think I really may have cracked (at least a major PB binge). So yes, I agree with you about it being for the weak- it was definitely used in my case in a weak mind situation (though I am having birth control problems in my defense- and have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow to address this- so my PMS was outta control even for me). I don’t intend on making it a regular part of my V-Diet and I think it should be avoided.

I must say, I thought it was going to make me crave carbs more, but it really didn’t. I just enjoyed the act of chewing really. I was supposed to make a potato or couscous with my HSM, but I just ended up going with meat and veggies. My veggie cravings were still considerable. So did the cake really hurt me? Not sure. But I still would rather avoid them.

Celery is a bit different. That definitely would work against the veggie cravings, if you ask me. Salad never tasted as good as it did for my first HSM. If I had been eating celery all week, I definitely would not have appreciated my HSM nearly as much.

What’s the difference between eating the shake and drinking the shake?

[quote]mzealander wrote:

What’s the difference between eating the shake and drinking the shake?[/quote]

part of the diet is to break your cravings for crap food and reprogram you to like healthy foods. this is part of the reason for the HSM. The liquid aspect of the diet gets you really excited to eat something, and makes those veggies and healthy foods taste even better.

Try not eating for a day and just drinking all of your calories instead. Mentally, it’s just not the same.

The nutrients/calories are obviously going to be the same, but the diet is partially mental. and believe me, it’s a lot easier and more enjoyable to eat your shakes (even if they don’t taste that great) than to drink them. So yeah, you may experience the same physical effect, but you won’t get the same effect mentally. And for some of us (myself included) this is part of why we went on the diet in the first place- to beat those cravings.

All you gotta do is gulp down shakes for 28 days! I tried to find alternatives, and it just aint gonna happen - well if you want to say you’re on the V-Diet anyway. Also, as you see suggesting foods (no matter what the nutritional value) just gets you flamed.

Like has been said, you can make them thick so u can “eat” them with a spoon and add the flax to give it a texture - now I CBA with that, I just gulp the shake, and get on with whatever I’m doing, it seems the best way to get my mind off of it.

I suppose its how mentally strong you are to see if you can ‘deal’ with being full up from liquid or not.

Oh, Im on day 20 by the way.

[quote]kakattack wrote:
mzealander wrote:

What’s the difference between eating the shake and drinking the shake?

part of the diet is to break your cravings for crap food and reprogram you to like healthy foods. this is part of the reason for the HSM. The liquid aspect of the diet gets you really excited to eat something, and makes those veggies and healthy foods taste even better.

Try not eating for a day and just drinking all of your calories instead. Mentally, it’s just not the same.

The nutrients/calories are obviously going to be the same, but the diet is partially mental. and believe me, it’s a lot easier and more enjoyable to eat your shakes (even if they don’t taste that great) than to drink them. So yeah, you may experience the same physical effect, but you won’t get the same effect mentally. And for some of us (myself included) this is part of why we went on the diet in the first place- to beat those cravings.[/quote]

Surely someone strong enough to see through the diet is strong enough to eat healthy balance meals anyway?

Is this theory a bi-produce of the diet or was the diet designed with this as part of the goal?

I am on day 11 and finding it pretty easy, so I’m just playing devils advocate a bit here.

[quote]mzealander wrote:

Surely someone strong enough to see through the diet is strong enough to eat healthy balance meals anyway?

Is this theory a bi-produce of the diet or was the diet designed with this as part of the goal?

I am on day 11 and finding it pretty easy, so I’m just playing devils advocate a bit here.[/quote]

First, did ya read the article? It clearly states:

"The Velocity Diet has two main purposes:

1. As the name implies, the Velocity Diet leads to a rapid loss of body fat, anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds in 28 days is common. It does this without the loss of muscle mass.

2. The V-Diet also triggers a permanent change is tastes, cravings, and negative food-related behaviors. Most V-Dieters report a loss of desire for junk foods, fast foods, overly sugary foods, and fried foods, while at the same time developing a newfound love for healthier foods like vegetables. They also develop a new sense of dietary control."

Second, as for being strong enough to just eat a balanced meal… no way!!! I know for me, once I have a little wiggle room its much harder to stay on track. I chose this to hopefully help with that and prove to myself that I can say no. What’s the saying… give someone an inch, they’ll take a mile? Something like that… well, that’s how I am with food. So something strict like this is much easier for me to handle.

And as for playing devils advocate… I don’t think you can really play devil’s advocate if you don’t even know that changing your tastes is a main goal of the diet.

[quote]kakattack wrote:
mzealander wrote:

I am on day 11 and finding it pretty easy, so I’m just playing devils advocate a bit here.

First, did ya read the article? It clearly states:

"The Velocity Diet has two main purposes:

1. As the name implies, the Velocity Diet leads to a rapid loss of body fat, anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds in 28 days is common. It does this without the loss of muscle mass.

2. The V-Diet also triggers a permanent change is tastes, cravings, and negative food-related behaviors. Most V-Dieters report a loss of desire for junk foods, fast foods, overly sugary foods, and fried foods, while at the same time developing a newfound love for healthier foods like vegetables. They also develop a new sense of dietary control."

Second, as for being strong enough to just eat a balanced meal… no way!!! I know for me, once I have a little wiggle room its much harder to stay on track. I chose this to hopefully help with that and prove to myself that I can say no. What’s the saying… give someone an inch, they’ll take a mile? Something like that… well, that’s how I am with food. So something strict like this is much easier for me to handle.

And as for playing devils advocate… I don’t think you can really play devil’s advocate if you don’t even know that changing your tastes is a main goal of the diet.[/quote]

I wasn’t asking if it is part of the diet. I was asking if this was a reason for creating the diet or just a bi-product of the diet?

Can I ask why you feel that you are so special that you can “customize” the diet to your whims?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Can I ask why you feel that you are so special that you can “customize” the diet to your whims?[/quote]

???

[quote]mzealander wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Can I ask why you feel that you are so special that you can “customize” the diet to your whims?

???[/quote]

Stop changing the diet, or don’t call it the Velocity Diet. It’s that simple.