Biotest

Cat's V-Diet Log

so trial run on the exercise last week. today started the real thing.
I chose to do the workout first thing at 4am with a liter of H2O and my music at the gym. then its the Surge drink of half chocolate and half raspberry. it is very good.

I also save 2 teaspoons for my coffee. after my workout I hit the steam room and then shower. come home and have my first shake. that is working well for me. day 1 was no problem other than I am very full all the time.

I chew gum to keep the snacking cravings away. I drink a lot of water as I have not had soda or anything but water for a couple years now. I do have 2 cups of coffee with Splenda 0 calorie in it. I used to use the chocolate/raspberry creamer but now use my Surge.

the workout is a bitch. the bar hurts my arms more than my legs for the squats but its all good. the ab-wheel is the other thing that is hard for me. the hand walk outs and the ab-wheel.

I am not a body builder but am just a mid life woman looking to spend the next 45 years of my life a bit healthier than the first 45.
beginning stats:
weight: 222.800
%body Fat: 30.6
BMI: 35.740
Chest: 39.5
Waist: 38.75
Hips/Buttocks: 50
Upper arm Left: 13
Upper arm Right: 13.25
Forearm Left: 10.5
Forearm Right: 10.5 (yes I am ambidextrous)
Thigh Left: 26.5
Thigh Right: 26.5
Calf Left: 16.75
Calf Right: 17.5
both wrist: 7

Tomorrow is a non workout day. will up date later in the week.

Welcome to the madness…hehe. I wish you much success with the V-life program.

Welcome to the team! You won’t notice how quick those 28 days will be. Good Luck!

Good luck to you. Stay strong and focus.

day 2 is harder. my craving for popcorn is so strong. I am chewing gum to keep from snacking. I am having a hard time staying focused. this first week is a bitch but I will remain strong and not cheat. I can do anything for 6 weeks.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

Just get through it! It really does get much easier. Funny you said popcorn…I really think the chocolate shake taste much like the popcorn flavored jelly belly. So if you have some of that you may try it if you have not. Maybe it will take away the craving.

Stay Focused…good job!!! Again, it gets easier and will be second nature by next week.

I hope your right Jason. today is very hard. the shakes are great, the chocolate one if made just right even tastes a bit like chocolate milk. I did my workout this am and it was great. I love the Wed workout. I think it is the easiest and the one I like the best. today I did however cheat and have a saltine cracker. I feel horrible about it now but just needed something to crunch. I only had 1 and then drank a bunch of water too. I find 7 seconds of water drinking will usually get rid of the cravings but today has just been killer. the saltine helped. it is hard to be strong. I just keep thinking ok you can do this. it’s only 6 weeks and think of all the weight you will lose. going to the gym this afternoon with the hubby for his workout and the steam room. I really need the steam room. it so kicks me into gear after a great workout. I did not do it Monday and I miss it. it is my chocolate after a workout, ya know.

Thanks for the encouragement and stay posted. I am anxious to see Saturday’s numbers.

Yeah, I wish you could just buy a great body…it would be so much easier.

Be careful with the crackers…Most likely no harm done but for me, that would lead to cookies, maybe then some cake and so on 'til I was eating a whole meal and justifying it. No mistake about this, it is hard at first and the water idea is great. You will have a HSM soon and that will help. I have learned from my last two that steak is most likely not the best for me…it made me fill up quickly and feel as if I just ate a Thanksgiving Dinner. Had to nap. I am going with something lighter this time like SWS’s Salmon wraps…sounded good. I just want to feel good after my HSM not dead. Another thing I have learned about the HSM, if you cook, I prefer to plan and shop and get the best ingredients and prepare it as if it is special…well it kinda is. I liked that last time rather than letting Texas Roadhouse prepare it for me.

Hey, we are all in this together and all have somewhat of a never-ending journey to achieve our personal best. Plus, I wanna look good naked! LOL. Go team V-life!

Hang in there, make it work, take failure out of the mix, you WILL make it.

Stoner

well the first 5 days of my V-Diet and I am disappointed in my numbers. I feel full with the shakes. I feel good, I don’t feel like I am hungry or eating bad. I actually feel like I am eating healthy and the exercises rock.

I feel the muscles waking up and burning up calories. but I really wanted to see the numbers look better. I will give it another week and see what they look like next Sat. maybe I will up the weights across the board to go harder on the workouts. well here are today’s stats. :(~

5/8/2010
BMI: 35.64085207
Height: 65
weight: 214.2
%Fat: 37.4
Muscle mass: 44.5
%water wt: 63.7
Bone Mineral: 7.0
Neck: 13.75
Chest: 39.5
Waist: 41
Hips/Buttocks: 51
Upper Arm L: 14
Upper Arm R: 13
Forearm L: 10.25
Forearm R: 10.75
Thigh L: 26
Thigh R: 26
Calf L: 17.5
Calf R: 17.5
Wrist: 6.75

very disappointing and I don’t get it. will ck in later in the week.

Just hold in there, remember this more about changing our lives for the long haul then just fast results and weight loss that would just get put back on.

Yeah, what he said! I certainly understand being disappointed with the numbers. My scale is bi-polar…sometimes it’s sweet as it can be (lovey-dovey) and the next thing you know, bam! it turns on me and is sooo shitty.

For the life of me, I cannot keep from gettin’ on that thing every freakin’ day…I know, I know…NOT recommended…BUT… We are a society of NOW…everything is NOW…we have grown to be impatient and unfortunately, getting into shape is not that simple. Boy, wish it was.

Yeah, just keep it up…you guys are doing great and will succeed!

Have a great weekend!

Stoner

Thanks babe. I am trying.

Ok Sat was hard. my first real challenge day. the week prior when I did my official weigh and measure I did not start the official diet as I was going out of town for 2 days. so I did the challenge and got through 1 set. this week the first official day of challenge I got through 2 sets. wow it was hard and I feel the dead lifts from Fridays workout in my back and neck.

Today Saturday I have a day off. yeah it’s Mother’s Day and no workout. I do however fell the dead lifts and the challenge in my back and neck even more. I am taking it as it means I am doing it right and that feeling is the muscles burning more calories as they are screaming at me.

will sit when I have a bit more time and write out my work outs numbers from last week and post all the info.
I am striving to have a better set of numbers next Sat than this one. that is the goal this week. stay on track, keep the numbers good and work my ass off. literally.

Happy Mothers Day. :slight_smile:

Happy Mothers Day. :slight_smile:

thank you Jason.

Ok my first workout was 5/3 I started on the intermediate and am doing the beginner challenge. I started on the intermediate for my M-F because I have been going to the gym for over a year and working out. I thought the beginner would be a little too easy for me. I wanted to put a stretch goal there for myself and it seems to be working good so far. here are the numbers for my workouts so far.

5/3/2010
Front Squats with Bar: 45 Lbs 5/5/5/4/1
Lat Pull down underhand grip 60 lbs 4/4/5/5/2
Dumbbell Bench Press 40 lbs 5/5/5/5/
Ab Wheel Roll out 5/5/5/5/ and I thought I was going to die after this one. it sucked! (just the ab wheel one.
the bar in the squats bruised my arms a lot and they were sore to the touch for days after. I switched to the dumbbell squat for that reason on the next week.

5/5/2010 workout
Step Up with dumbbells 40 lbs 9/9/9/9/4
Bent Over Row 30 lbs barbell 9/9/9/9/4
Push Press with barbells 30 lbs 9/9/9/9/4
Barbell curl 30 lbs 9/9/9/7/6
reverse crunch on floor 9/9/9/9/4
I really loved this workout. I felt very good after but also felt I could up the weights a bit.

5/6/2010 workout
Dead lift 40 lbs 8/8/8/8/8/
Decline Dumbbell Bench Press (ng) 30 lbs 8/8/8/8/8
Lat Pull down (ng) 60 lbs 5/9/8/6/6/5/1
Hand Walkout from knees 8/8/8/8/8 and I hated this one with a passion.

Challenge workout on 5/8/2010 completed 1 set of the intermediate challenge and thought a HR over 160 was going to kill me. I had to stop as I couldn’t breathe and was very sore.

Workout 5 on 5/10/2010
Front Squat with dumbbell 45 lbs 4/4/4/4/4
Lat Pull Down (ug) 70 lbs 5/5/5/5 will up this one 10 lbs next time.
Dumbbell Bench Press 40 lbs 5/5/5/5 will keep this one same next time.
Ab Wheel rollout 4/5/5/5/1 need to work on getting the extension shown in the video. I can’t quite get the extension I want.

Workout 6 on 5/12/2010 (today)
Reverse Lunge 40 lbs 8/8/8/8/8 and this was the lunge not the step. sheesh my legs hurt after that one.
Bent Over Row Barbell 40 lbs 8/8/8/8/8/ keep this weight for next week
Push Press Barbell 40 lbs 8/8/8/8/8 keep same weight.
Barbell Curl 30 lbs 8/8/8/8/8 keep same weight. my arms were camping.
Reverse Crunch on floor 8/8/8/8/8 this one is my fav and seems easy to me most of the time.

trying to stay on the shakes. man it is hard. I miss food so much. since I work at a desk all day just feet away from my kitchen it is very hard to stay on track. I am managing but not without great difficulty.

the workouts are good, tiring, exhausting and downright hard at times. I keep looking at the scale and am down another lb today to the lowest I have been in 5 years. I am happy with that and keep reminding myself of that when the craving for munchies starts to take over. I keep the scale right by my desk so it is closer than the food.

This all looks great Cat! Yeah, I struggled with the beginner intermediate thing myself due to the same reason. Nobody wants to be called a beginner! LOL

My trainer says and I quote “70% what you eat and 30% gym” I have heard that crap 'til I’m blue in the face! So if what he says is correct, I can accept beginner and move on. My workouts were more advanced before but for this, I really did not fall in the pre-set category for Intermediate.

Keep up the freakin’ great work! you are in your second week right? What did you do for the HSM last time? Another is right around the corner! And, I have been saying this all day “it’s just a nano-second of life, if that”.

Ya’ll have a great day!!! (lol texan comin’ out in me)

Stoner

Hey Jason, thanks. we had a recipe that I made up called Princess’ Potatoes. the recipe can be found at http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1048908 and it is probably not the most healthy meal but we did cut it in half and it was way too good.

I really like the workouts. they are challenging but worth it. I just keep turning to the scale. I feel so much like I am depriving myself of something. I do so look forward to my HSM.

I think of my son and what he has gone through in the military and think if he can do that I can do this for 6 weeks. hanging in there. thanks for the support.

How’s my kitty and friend today? Is Sparkpeople the same as advocare? I have not looked it up yet but I love SPARK!

:slight_smile: