Biotest

Cardio and HOT-ROX in Transition

Just a couple of thoughts I had as I’m 1 day away from enterring the transition phase.

Cardio:

My plan is to phase in HSM’s as the plan says and work my way up to maintenance (around 2800 kcal) over the 2 weeks transition, and then spend a week or so at maintenance to get my metabolism up to speed before looking at a general weight loss diet of aropund 500 kcals under maintenance.

During the transition my calories will still be fairly low so would I be right in thinking to do just some steady state cardio rather than HIIT during the transition stage, until I am back up to higher calorie intake so I do’nt overtrain while my calories are still low?

HOT-ROX:
Am I best reduing these in the transition phase, coming off them altogether for a certain amount of time or keep them going? Do they maintain their effectiveness if not phased in and out every now and then, or are they detremental to me either?

Thanks for any well educated advice.

There are many options here:
First ask yourself, “What has worked in the past (in terms of cardio/fat burners)?” The answer to your question also depends on how long you have been dieting. If for a long time, then cycle off HRX for the transition. If this is your first diet in a while then stay on until you reach your goal.

Option 1:

Cardio: Do 1 or 2 20-30 minute HIIT sessions instead of daily NEPA walks.
HRX: Go off for two weeks transition phase. Get back on once you cut the 500 calories.

Option 2:
Cardio: Current NEPA walks.
HRX: Stay on until you reach your ultimate goal.

Option 3:
Cardio: 1 or 2 HIIT in addition to NEPA walks.
HRX: Go off for two weeks transition phase. Get back on as mentioned above.

Option 4:
Cardio: Current NEPA walks.
HRX: Go off for two weeks transition phase. Get back on once you cut the 500 calories.

And you get the idea. Go by how you’re feeling. Don’t get stressed about gaining back a pound or two of water. I think option 1 would be best because it is a total change of pace for your body. Or you could just pick one variable to change HRX or cardio. Either way you have a lot of choices.