Biotest

Carbs in Transition?

I know Shugs uses good complex and fiberous carbs in his V-Diet Transition periods, but what if one is carb sensitive like me? Should I add the complex carbs in my HSM, or stick to fiberous veggies instead?

Should I perhaps add them to only one HSM meal per week, sorta like a “carb up day”?

Not trying to overanalyze here, but I’ve made some great progress and I’d hate to blow it!

THANKS!
-Mark

Introduce them slowly over the 2 week transition phase. Go from the <100g to what you’d normally eat over the 2 weeks.

Since you know you are carb-sensitive, I take it you plan on changing your lifestyle such that you will now consume less carbs than you would have otherwise, right?

Like Mac (that’s what I’m calling you now, makavali) said, build up to normal slowly. I would not be hesitant to take longer than 2 weeks to transition, if I were you. When I say build up to “normal”, I mean you new normal, not whatever your old normal may have been.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
Since you know you are carb-sensitive, I take it you plan on changing your lifestyle such that you will now consume less carbs than you would have otherwise, right?

Like Mac (that’s what I’m calling you now, makavali) said, build up to normal slowly. I would not be hesitant to take longer than 2 weeks to transition, if I were you. When I say build up to “normal”, I mean you new normal, not whatever your old normal may have been.[/quote]

If you going with Mac, then at least have the courtesy to call me Big Mac.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:

Like Mac (that’s what I’m calling you now, makavali) said, build up to normal slowly. I would not be hesitant to take longer than 2 weeks to transition, if I were you. When I say build up to “normal”, I mean you new normal, not whatever your old normal may have been.

If you going with Mac, then at least have the courtesy to cal me Big Mac.[/quote]

Let me know when you break 200 lbs :stuck_out_tongue:

Aleksandr,

Normal for me is low carb anyways. Originally started being strict low carb back in '04. Pretty much been in “diet mode” since then out of fear of gaining anymore gut fat. Doing the V-diet is the first time since that original diet(Beverly International) that I’ve seen some solid improvements.

Other than the occassional binges, this is how I have been living. Been very frustrated until recently. On paper, I was doing everything right. Protein, healthy fats, veggies, but I was severly stalled.

[quote]ExPro79 wrote:
Aleksandr,

Normal for me is low carb anyways. Originally started being strict low carb back in '04. Pretty much been in “diet mode” since then out of fear of gaining anymore gut fat. Doing the V-diet is the first time since that original diet(Beverly International) that I’ve seen some solid improvements.

Other than the occassional binges, this is how I have been living. Been very frustrated until recently. On paper, I was doing everything right. Protein, healthy fats, veggies, but I was severly stalled.[/quote]

Stalled in what way?

What are your stats? How many calories were you getting each day, and what was the macronutrient breakdown? What foods were you eating?