Biotest

Carbs in MAG-10 Cause Insulin Spike?

This might be a dumb question but with only 11 grams of CHO per 2 scoops would one see a spike in insulin levels? The reason I ask is because I have a tub that is unopened and would like to start using it again but I am following a carb nite. It only allows a net 30 gr of CHO per day, with the goal of not spiking insulin at any point throughout the day.

If it does spike insulin, my next question would be if I take MAG-10 with a dose of healthy fats, would it reduce the spike?

Thanks in advance fellas.

The carbs in <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 cannot be viewed the same way as regular whole-food carbs. They are thermic in nature and increase metabolic rate. In short, there’s no need to worry about whether or or not there’s an insulin spike. Many people don’t even count those carbs toward their daily intake.

Thanks for the info Chris, two scoops an hour after your work out is still the ideal way to utilize MAG-10?

[quote]pennstate29 wrote:
Thanks for the info Chris, two scoops an hour after your work out is still the ideal way to utilize MAG-10?[/quote]

That’s assuming you’re using Plazma or some type of peri-workout nutrition before and during training. Mag-10 can be used post-workout, during conditioning sessions to prevent muscle loss, and as a protein pulse between meals.

Weight training without carbohydrates is pretty counterproductive honesty. You won’t see much muscle gain. But if I were forced to used some a diet plan that neglected proper workout nutrition and carbs, I’d at least have the Mag-10 before, during and after training, one serving each time.