Biotest

Carbolin 19 on an Empty Stomach?

I work out first thing in the morning. I literally roll out of bed, mix up a PWO shake to start sipping right before working out, and continue drinking during my work out (Surge Workout Fuel + 36g of whey protein if it matters…), then head straight to the gym.

I have started taking a dose of Carbolin 19 immediately after getting up, while getting ready for the gym. My thinking is to start the hormonal shift to decrease overnight cortisol, and start increasing the anabolic hormones. Is there any validity to my approach? Is this the most effective way to use Carbolin 19?

My goals are fat loss + muscle gain.

sorry I can’t address your question but I was curious how long you’ve been on Carbolin19 and would appreciate your thoughts on it.

I am taking it for the first time in a long time, so no results to report yet. Unfortunately, I am taking it with other supplements, so I can’t really say that I’m using the scientific method to isolate the behavior.

That said, it’s a bed-rock staple in Biotest’s supplement cabinet (it’s included in the formulas for HOT-ROX, Fahrenheit, Alpha Male, etc.), so I’m inclined to be less sceptical than with some other supps.

Ironically, my wife says it makes her want to eat more when she takes it by itself. But she takes Fahrenheit and doesn’t have that problem. So I’m thinking it’s a lower dose of Carbolin 19 in the Fahrenheit formula.

ok, thanks for the reply.

[quote]Need4Speed wrote:
I have started taking a dose of Carbolin 19 immediately after getting up, while getting ready for the gym. My thinking is to start the hormonal shift to decrease overnight cortisol, and start increasing the anabolic hormones. Is there any validity to my approach? Is this the most effective way to use Carbolin 19?[/quote]
Should be fine. As long as you’re taking the two doses about six hours apart, as per the label instructions, you’re using it as effectively as possible.

My question primarily is whether this is the most effective way to use the supplement.

Would the effects best be realized by taking it on an empty stomach before I start any PWO drink or exercise, or would it work better if I took it after I returned from the gym, having already down a round of PWO drink?

Carbolin 19 is rather long acting, at least 8 hours: your timing is absolutely fine and is preferable to waiting later to take it.