Biotest

Candy's V-Diet Log

After a long wait (thanks to our tight customs laws), my package has finally arrived!

Very excited about starting the V-Diet. I’m a 23 year old student who really loves food - unfortunately food doesn’t love my figure (the weight’s been creeping on slowly ever since I started uni 5 years ago) and I’ve read a lot about how the V-Diet changes your eating habits and your taste and have decided I really need to do that myself.

So here goes, will post my stats and (hopefully) some photos tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

Glad to have you on board! Keep us posted on your progress and hit me with any questions in the “Ask Chris” thread so I’ll be sure to see them.

Here are some photos.

I’m 173cm tall, currently 70kg (and according to the impedance scales 28.7% body fat and 35.1% muscle). Will put up some measurements too once we get a tape!

Welcome. It is amazing how fast it flies by. I am on day 7 and I only feel like it’s been a couple of days. You will do well.

Hi Candy! Even after a wk I feel totally different about food. I’m sure the same will be true for you.

Also, I looove Australia! I spent 6 months in Brisbane, and traveled around quite a bit. Can’t wait to go back!

Hmmm… I clicked refresh and accidentally submitted that comment twice. Sorry!

Thanks for your words of encouragement! My boyfriend is actually trying reverse psychology on me right now (because, apparently, all the other times I’ve tried to go on a diet/program, I’ve piked, despite his encouragement) so it’s definitely refreshing to hear the positive thoughts!

No worries about sending twice (I just thought I was doubly popular!)

And though I haven’t been to the States, I have to say Australia is pretty awesome generally (though I moved up to Brisbane from Sydney a few months ago and I have to say I prefer Sydney a bit more!)

At the risk (or certainty) of sounding like a wimp, day 1 has been really tough. I’ve been feeling nauseous all day and have been dry retching a bit after chugging down the shakes. On the bright side, I haven’t been feeling hungry at all!

Having a fair bit of trouble with the pike push-up - my bf modified it so that I push off a bench instead.

1 more meal to go - I’m looking forward to adding hazelnut paste to it (hopefully, it’ll taste a bit like Nutella -yum!)

You Aussies and your Nutella! haha That stuff is gross :stuck_out_tongue:

Sydney to Brisbane seems like a tough transition. Big city to quite small city. It definitely has a much slower, backwater feel. But it really is adorable. I miss walking down Queen Street from the train and over to QUT!

good luck- the nausea will go away after a day or so (your mileage may vary)

Hehe, I thought Nutella would have been more palatable than something like Vegemite to non-Aussies. I take it you were studying at QUT “username”? The riverside walk is really pretty (especially when the sky is a clear blue).

And just had my morning shake - making them more watery now and holding my nose when drinking definitely helps!

And “Reaper Man”, is your picture that of the Void from Marvel comics?

Ohhh, actually I am mixing up vegemite and nutella. When I was in Brisbane (studying at QUT, yes!) I had an english roommate who was all about the nutella. So I guess I associate it w/australia. Vegemite really is gross though. Nutella…not so bad.

Hey candilcious,

I hear ya on the retching, it’s been happening to me too. For me it’s not necessarily that the shakes are all that bad (I’ve had a lot of protein shakes over the years and these are actually really good comparatively speaking), it’s more psychological than anything else. It is getting better though, so not to fear.

Good for you for starting while still in school. My weight went up steadily in uni too, but absolutely skyrocketed when I started working full time. Be prepared, working is worse!

Good luck with this and stick to it one day at a time :slight_smile:

not as far as I know… I just thought it fit. It could very well be however…

Funny you should say that Sgottch - I’ve already done 2 degrees and am currently starting my 3rd (partly because I’m trying to avoid full time work!) You do see people pack on the pounds when they start working full time - the stress, the poor food choices, the corporate lunches… Uni students like myself, on the other hand, have no excuse, right?

The retching has gone away these past two days and I’m very glad of it! Back to uni today (Monday was a public holiday - thank goodness for unionism and “Labour Days”) - the 8am start meant I had my first meal at 7am, had my second meal at 11am and am now feeling a bit hungry at 2pm.

A real bonus with going on this diet at this time is that I have my midyear exam in a month from now, and not having to cook means that I’ll have lots of extra time to concentrate on study (this is on the major proviso that my boyfriend doesn’t make me cook for him all the time, though!)

Hey Candy,

Glad the retching stopped. That didn’t sound like fun. Maybe you should have your BF cook your HSM’s for you. That way he can get some practice in cooking for you more often!

I’m on the journey back to school …partly to avoid full-time work (school is so much better!) and partly to make sure that I have a job I love when I rejoin the work force. Good luck w/your studies!

Day 3 over!

So glad - I really do hope it gets better - I’m still getting crazy cravings for food (even the smell of canned salmon from 20 metres away makes my stomach growl in envious anticipation!)

My bf is telling me off for sullying his good name on the world wide web - to avoid any possible allegations of defamation, I do have to report that he did all his cooking on his own today!

And Mo, at the risk of sounding cliched, I know exactly what you mean - what’s another 4 years of uni compared to a lifetime’s worth of happiness and job satisfaction eh?

Oh and Reaper Man, I was rereading one of my bf’s marvel comics today and the bodiless face is actually that of Cyber (or Silas Burr) before he takes up poor lil Milo’s body. And yes, effectively scary indeed.

Congrats on your choice to do the vdiet! If ya stay steady and strong and the nausea will go away, I promise. Try flavorings and coffee and tea, that really helps me get them down. My bf really likes to chug it then wash i down with an obscene amount of h2o but it seems to be effective. DaVinci is a good brand of flavoring if you have it available to you.

Otherwise any non calorie sweeteners seem to be ok, and when in doubt ‘Ask Chris’ is a great resource for those q’s. Often if you eat flax seeds and nut butter separate form the shakes, that helps your tummy feel a bit fuller too. I know I always look forward to the almond butter before bed. And just think, your solid food meal is only what, four days away? Thats practically only a couple hours if you minus sleeping time…Good luck chica! Youll kick this things ass :slight_smile:

[quote]Candylicious wrote:
Day 3 over!

So glad - I really do hope it gets better - I’m still getting crazy cravings for food (even the smell of canned salmon from 20 metres away makes my stomach growl in envious anticipation!)

My bf is telling me off for sullying his good name on the world wide web - to avoid any possible allegations of defamation, I do have to report that he did all his cooking on his own today!

And Mo, at the risk of sounding cliched, I know exactly what you mean - what’s another 4 years of uni compared to a lifetime’s worth of happiness and job satisfaction eh?

Oh and Reaper Man, I was rereading one of my bf’s marvel comics today and the bodiless face is actually that of Cyber (or Silas Burr) before he takes up poor lil Milo’s body. And yes, effectively scary indeed.[/quote]

Amy and I both stuck around for a second degree and though it was a long, poor 5 years, in the end it was definitely worth it. Being in the working world now for 5 years and seeing the job that I have versus what I would have had, we made the right decision. So study hard, it’ll pay off.

Thanks for the pointers Mercy - I’ve been kinda doing a fusion of you and your beau’s method - chugging the shake down and then washing the taste out with green tea (I find it very cleansing on the palate). Unfortunately, we don’t have Da Vinci syrups available in Australia - I’m even having trouble getting simple peppermint essence at the supermarket!

I do exactly what you do with regards to the nut butter - I’ve got a jar of macadamia paste and a jar of hazelnut paste (only tried hazelnut so far but yes, that is actually the highlight of my eating-day!)

Mornings are the nicest (once you tear yourself away from your nice warm bed) - went for a big NEPA walk around my uni today. It’s coming into winter here (which is, for Brisbane, a temperate 20 degrees Celsius or so) and the sky is such a beautiful clear blue. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, it really makes my heart sing!

Having some trouble scheduling in my weight sessions - our silly faculty changes our timetable EVERY week and I also prefer to have my bf there to spot me. Evenings are out too because I work then. However, reading everyone else’s logs has taught me that you definitely can!

And thanks Steve for your story - Amy and you back then sound exactly like me and my boy at the moment, and it’s really nice to hear that it does pay off (and speaking of study, I should get my ass into gear and hit the books again…)

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.