Biotest

Candybarre's Sweet Potato Fries

OK I said i’d post it here so I will as well as on my Indigo Log my gf’s sweet potato fries recipe. I will be enjoying these at my BBQ :slight_smile:

The foot notes are her little verbal details

candybarre’s sweet potato fries:

about a pound of sweet potatoes peeled and sliced.

• I really don’t weigh them I just grab 2 or 3. But I’d guess it’ about a pound.

6 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of salt + water to chill the potatoes in prior to cooking

• You can use table salt but I prefer to have a more subtle salt taste involved so I use rock or sea salt

salt/cinnamon/ginger to taste

Cut the potatoes into 1/2" slices and then cut lengthways into thin fries.

Place the potatoes in large bowl and cover them with water and 1 tsp table salt. Chill for 1 hour.

Drain and dry the potatoes

Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan until really hot and sizzling.

Fry the potatoes in batches until lightly browned.

Remove and place on a paper towel-lined platter.

*I have read in other recipes that if you like crispier fries you can add the fries in batches again for 2 - 4 minutes. I can not vouch for this because I don’t do it. At most if I think the first batch is cooling off I will put them back in with the last batch for a minute to reheat them.

Remove and place on paper towel to drain.

Sprinkle with salt, cinnamon, and ginger

• I usually just do the cinnamon and ginger. If you need an exact measure I’d say a 1/4 teaspoon of each. And I use ginger powder, though I may experiment with finely crushed crystals later.

Serve immediately and enjoy

-CB

Thanks CB and barachiel

Thank you for posting this for me while I was away from the computer.

I started with a recipe from Sophie Uliano (author of Gorgeously Green - I am guessing not many of you here have heard of it), and then adapted it to my taste - changed the seasonings and some of the amounts.

Most of the amounts are relatively adjustable and it is “to taste” so I don’t worry about measuring anything for this recipe when I am in the kitchen. It’s not an exact science. Just heat up the coconut oil and throw in the sliced sweet potatoes.

Sweet thanks for posting this, I will be trying them next week!

Thanks CB