Biotest

Can I Do the Diet if I'm Under 160?

So I’m only 150lbs cause I’m only 5’6’. I tried inputting my weight but it says the diet isn’t for me cause it’s only for males 160lbs+.

Wold I still be able to do it and maybe eat a hundred calories less off?

EDIT Also, what about cardio? I’m trying to get fitter for rugby as well so I wanna do as much cardio as I can put in.

This diet is not for you at this time.

[quote]Dreadlift wrote:
So I’m only 150lbs cause I’m only 5’6’. I tried inputting my weight but it says the diet isn’t for me cause it’s only for males 160lbs+.

Wold I still be able to do it and maybe eat a hundred calories less off?

EDIT Also, what about cardio? I’m trying to get fitter for rugby as well so I wanna do as much cardio as I can put in.[/quote]

Like CS said - no V-diet.

What you probably need is sprints, hill sprints, wind sprints, sled sprints. Doing this will kick up your energy expenditure which will burn fat and prime the body for building muscle.

Look at the 100 gram carb cure and the new carb pyramid.

http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/the_good_the_bad_and_the_assfattening_the_new_starchy_carb_food_pyramid

How come I shouldn’t be doing the V-Diet? I lost about 30lbs in the past few months through eating healthier and lifting heavy but I really wanna take it to the next level so I thought of doing the V-Diet. Would it have been appropriate for me when I was over 160lbs?

I wish I could do sprints but where I am, it’s really hard to unless I’m on a treadmill.

[quote]Dreadlift wrote:
How come I shouldn’t be doing the V-Diet? I lost about 30lbs in the past few months through eating healthier and lifting heavy but I really wanna take it to the next level so I thought of doing the V-Diet. Would it have been appropriate for me when I was over 160lbs?

I wish I could do sprints but where I am, it’s really hard to unless I’m on a treadmill.[/quote]

Because you’re underweight for the diet. You should continue with the 100 gram carb cure and focus most of the carbs during the periworkout window and gain some muscle while losing fat.

Also unless you live in the heart of a major city and have no access to 20-40 yards of a straight line without driving 5 hours, then there’s no reason you can’t do sprints.

But fine- try this for a metabolic session:

10 jump squats, body weight squats x 60 seconds( don’t lock out at the top, keep the knees slightly bent when you come back up ), max pushups and then do a pullup and hold it at the top for as long as you can, if you can’t do a normal pullup do fatman pullups.

Do all 4 of these 4-6 times with no rest between sets and maybe 30s rest between the complex.

The rules say 160, shred some fat, gain some muscle then hit it if you still need to.

I’ve been doing something similar to that diet and fortunately I barely lost any muscle during my 30lb weight loss. I’m actually bigger now at 147lbs than I was at 175.

I’m not that far off from a running track but with winter coming, snow gets in the way. I tried working my way around it before doing other exercises but nothing is the same as sprinting.

Reason why I wanted to do the diet was because I wanted to try something different and hard but I understand that I can’t with the weight I’m at.

Thanks.

How about a 36-hour Pulse Fast instead? Here ya go: http://www.t-nation.com/store/supplements/mag-10-pulse-fast.jsp