Biotest

Can a Type 2 Diabetic Do the V-Diet?

hey,
i have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

i am fat,very fat.i need to lose 85 lbs in weight not that i haven’t tried because i have.i have done the anabolic diet & atkins diet but they have little or no effect.

the dic said that i need to lose weight for my condition to get better so i was woundering if i could do the Velocity diet.

i carnt take any thing wit caffiene in to as i am violently ill with it,i get migraines so i carn’t take the fat stripers

it it safe to do the V-Diet being a type 2 diatetic ?

i need to lose alot of weight for my health & don’t know of any other way of doing it

I cant give you medical advice, but I have been where you are. I lost 80lbs 4 years ago after being diagnosed with insulin resistance.

My opinion is that no, the V-Diet is not right for you right now.

I lost the 80lbs by working out daily and eating a diabetic diet. it took awhile, but it was so worth all of the hard work.

I have had a few issues with the diabetes medicine and the V-Diet causing bloat issues. I have not lost a single pound on it. My doc is in England and runs a diabetes clinic there.

Get moving Im sure you can lose the weight if you are determined enough.

When were you diagnosed and where are your fasting levels at? Being diabetic can be very frustrating, especially if your doing everything you can and your sugar levels are all over the place (speaking from experience). I agree that the V-Diet may not be the place to start if you are wanting to lose 80 pounds. Start with the Diabetic Reversal diet. Basically you cut out ALL carbs for 2 to 4 weeks. Being diabetic has forced me to put a lot of time into researching this. Dont be afraid of eating a lot of protein and fat. E-mail if your interesting in some of the research I’ve done on supps and high protein diets. I’m happy to share my experience with you, but there is way to much info to post here.

Sometimes i get caught up in my own thoughts. I just re-read your post. The diabetic reversal diet is not the Atkins diet but I’m perplexed as to why the Atkins diet did nothing for you. i have found several supps that work really well and just ordered some Receptor Max. I want to give it a try. Honestly, it should be no surprise that physical activity is the key. A 30 to 60 minute walk will lower my blood glucose levels 50 to 100 points.