Biotest

Calories Burned w/ Training, Eat More?

What is a V-diet?

I see every ones posting about V-Diet? Can any one clue me up on the name?

Ok, real reason for posting.
When doing cardio or weights does anyone ever take in to consideration the amount of calories burnt and add that to their calories so that they can eat more? Or is any calories burnt via cardio and weights just ignored?
TIA for the help…

The goal of weight training is not to burn calories. And running makes you fat over time: http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/running_makes_you_fat

Choose healthy foods and eat more or less of them as you need it. I haven’t counted a calorie in years.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
The goal of weight training is not to burn calories. And running makes you fat over time: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/running_makes_you_fat

Choose healthy foods and eat more or less of them as you need it. I haven’t counted a calorie in years.

[/quote]

I do agree, the goal of weight training is not to burn calories. But it does use calories. Added to that I do a lot of cardio. I need to know peoples thoughts on whether you would take in to consideration all the calories burnt via exercise and re add those burnt calories to your total calorie intake limit…

Re not counting calories… If you are a seasoned body builder and have a good routine worked out for what and when and which foods to eat then that may make sense! But for some one like me who has never counted calories and has been fat their whole life it doesn’t make sense.

If I don’t count calories, I’ll just stay fat. I don’t do a lot of running but I do a lot of cardio to help stay fit… I need cardio to get fit for boxing… Cutting out cardio is not an option.

As for running makes people fat, that does seem a very bizzare statement to make… From my experience, the more cardio I do the more calories I burn the more weight I lose… I am just going to give that link a read but I must admit Im shaking my head a little at your comments.

I just had a read of that link and I think its nonsense…
Calorie deficit makes you lose weight. Simple. Any one can choose any form of exercise they like whether it be weights, running, playing ping pong or just bird watching but if you are not in calorie deficit you will not lose weight.
I might not be very clever with this stuff but that is one thing that makes plain common sense.
The lady running on the treadmill obviously was eating too much if she want losing any weight.

^^^ughh

[quote]mrgeeky wrote:

some one like me who has…been fat their whole life…

I do a lot of cardio to help stay fit… I need cardio…Cutting out cardio is not an option.
[/quote]

My friend, you would be wise to put your assumptions aside, you yourself almost directly state what Chris is talking about. Read some articles on this site, read some forums, and you will find the information you are looking for about getting stronger, adding muscle and probably changing the lifetime of fatness you have suffered…

Is any one able to tell me what V-Diet is? Don’t have time to spend surfing this site… On a quiet day I would love to… Just got time for quick posts at the moment…

ok reading up on it now…
Not that I have the time at the mo lol

http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30?utm_medium=Banner&utm_content=HomePage&utm_campaign=vDiet#secrets-and-science/secret-to-body-transformation

sorry guys, just realized my mistake…
Im asking in the wrong thread… Please ignore all posts…
I’ll ask in the appropriate forum
cheers.

Make the time to learn something. I don’t buy that “I’m too busy to educate myself” nonsense. Luckily, you’ve found the right site to update your antiquated beliefs about diet and training. Just ask yourself this: if we are wrong and you are right, then why are we in shape and why are you admittedly still fat? How’s all that cardio working for you?