Biotest

Calculating

Good god…

For the life of me I can’t seem to get my calculations right. At 225lbs I’m supposed to have 1600 on non lifting days and 1900 calories on lifting days.

However, I’m trying to figure out how many shakes/flameouts/flax seed meal/fiber tabs/Peanut Butter I’m supposed to have. Anybody got a pre-made schedule?

The nutritional facts are on the side of the bottles and the original V-Diet article has some suggestions but heres a basic outline

10 Scoops Metabolic Drive (split into 5 shakes) (1100 Calories)
4 Flameout (52 Calories)
2-3 Servings of Flax (180-270)
1 Serving Natty PB (200ish)
1 Serving Fiber Tabs (10 calories)

On workout days you add 1 Serving of Surge (340)

Adjust it to exactly what you need caloriewise.

I think you don’t have to be at exact 1600 and 1900 you are allowed +/- 50 from your daily max

[quote]JailBa8 wrote:
I think you don’t have to be at exact 1600 and 1900 you are allowed +/- 50 from your daily max[/quote]

This is also true, getting EXACTLY 1600 and 1900 isn’t what to shoot for, just a range that you need to stick close to.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
The nutritional facts are on the side of the bottles and the original V-Diet article has some suggestions but heres a basic outline

4 Flameout (52 Calories)

[/quote]

Would it be okay to add a 6th shake with two scoops? That would get me to where I need to be.

Not to hijack the thread, but I am having a similar problem. I am in the “Guys needing to lose over 35 lbs” category, i.e. “fat”. So when I calculate my calories I come up with 1500 and 1800 but this won’t get me the 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight that is also recommended. I will actually be about 80 grams shy. I think that since that 80 grams is for the fat part of me though, I should stick to the calories vs protein formula, thoughts?

[quote]GoodPunk6 wrote:
Higgins wrote:

4 Flameout (52 Calories)

Would it be okay to add a 6th shake with two scoops? That would get me to where I need to be.[/quote]

Those add up to around 1630 on off days and 1970 on on days, pretty close to what your looking for calorie wise, why do you want to add the extra shake?

[quote]Higgins wrote:
GoodPunk6 wrote:
Higgins wrote:

4 Flameout (52 Calories)

Would it be okay to add a 6th shake with two scoops? That would get me to where I need to be.

Those add up to around 1630 on off days and 1970 on on days, pretty close to what your looking for calorie wise, why do you want to add the extra shake?[/quote]

I guess my math was off. I was using someone’s spreadsheet here and the “Servings” column was where I kept screwing things up. I should be good now, I just need to figure out the schedule for my supplements. I’m ordering all of my supps later tonight when I get home, so when I get them, I’ll just do a double check on my numbers.

I’ve noticed that keeping a day to day log of the diet has really been a lot of help for people so I think I may do the same.