Biotest

C_Barry's V-Diet Started on 8/2/09!

Hi Everyone,

I started my V-Diet today! I’ve taken pictures and measurements as per the rules but since my co-workers, family and friends will most likely be reading my posts, I’m hesitant to post them. However, if I have great improvements through the Diet, I’ll post the pictures at the end. Below are my measurements but I am doubting my measuring capabilities so please take the numbers with a grain (or two) of salt. Also, while I will be posting my bodyfat percentage as shown on my Tanita scale, I am posting it to watch for trends rather than for the actual number. The number reported seems very very low.

MEASUREMENTS

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.
Weight: 173.8"
Bodyfat: 16.6%
Neck: 17"
Chest-Upper: 37 1/2"
Chest-Lower: 35 3/8"
Waist-Navel: 38 1/2"
Hips: 41"
Upper Arm (L): 12 5/8"
Upper Arm ®: 12 1/2"
Upper Leg (L): 22 3/4"
Upper Leg ®: 22 3/4"
Lower Leg (L): 15 3/4"
Lower Leg ®: 15 1/4"
Ankle (L): 9 1/8"
Ankle ®: 9 1/2"
Forearm (L): 10"
Forearm ®: 10"

I’m not a big fan of front squats mostly because I can’t seem to get the form correct and I already have issues with my hands so I did regular barbell squats on Smith Machine. Also, the video demonstrating the dumbbell bench press shows the hands in a semi-supinated grip but I am used to performing this exercise with a pronated grip so I stuck with this grip. I probably could have gone heavier but I have issues with getting the weight in position with a heavier weight; I’m thinking of switching to machines so I can manage the greater weight. I was able to perform 20 reps of the ab-wheel rollout with no problems from my knees so next time I’ll try them while on my toes.

WORKOUT

Squats: 1x8x180, 1x6x180, 1x6x180
Cable Pulldown: 1x8x120, 1x8x120, 1x4x120
Dumbbell Bench Press: 1x12x70, 1x8x70
Ab-Wheel Rollout: 1x20

NUTRITION

I followed the nutrition pretty well today except for a couple of areas I need to improve on. I forgot to take the Surge after the workout! ARGH! Also, I had a class today that I thought would only last a couple of hours. Instead I was there for 4 hours and I went over 4.5 hours between shakes.

I’m looking forward to Day 2 tomorrow but I’m dreading my co-workers reactions when I bring a blender and a few containers to keep at the office! I don’t think I’m going to touch anything that tastes like chocolate for a long long time after this diet is over…

Welcome and good luck. You can do this. 28 days will pass either way!

Thanks flaco!

Yesterday was Day 2. Good day. Wasn’t hungry with the shakes and I went for a nice 2-3 mile walk.

Today is Day 3 and I plan on doing my workout after work. I’m a little hungrier today than yesterday but I’ve been good this morning even though my office had a meeting first thing this morning with fruit, bagels, muffins, etc.

I know I’m not supposed to but I stepped on scale again this morning and I couldn’t believe it showed a loss of 3+ lbs from 2 days ago. I realize some of it may be due to the reduction of carbs but I have been eating clean and consuming less carbs for 5 weeks prior to starting the v-diet (lost about 11 lbs during that time) so I believe some of the weight reduction from consuming less carbs were already accounted for.

Hello Barry

Looking forward to look at your progress with the V-Diet ,
seeing your good start I am sure you do not need luck do succeed :slight_smile:

Kind Regards AndreP

Thanks AndreP.

Today is Day 4 and yesterday’s workout went pretty good although I did have to sit on the floor at one point when the room started spinning but I’m not sure if that’s from the nutritional change or from pushing myself through the 40 reps. I would blame the HOT-ROX but that was taken over 6 hours earlier.

Also, for the Step-Ups, someone please correct me if I’m wrong but I did 40 reps with each leg. I had planned on alternating legs rather than do one leg at a time but after I got started I realized that’s not what I was doing so I have different counts for each leg.

WORKOUT

Step-Up (Left) 40 lbs: 20, 20
Step-Up (Right) 40 lbs: 11, 9, 10, 10
Bent-Over Row (Dumbbell) 50 lbs: 15, 13, 8, 4
Push Press (Barbell) 70 lbs: 9,5,5,6,6,4,5
Barbell Curl 50 lbs: 17, 9, 7, 7
Reverse Crunch: 12, 14, 14

I’m pretty sure it’s a total of 40 reps - so 20 per leg. At least that’s how I perform them.

Thanks…no wonder I almost passed out when I was done! :wink:

I have another question, I worked late at night and planned on going to bed shortly afterwards (better in theory than in practice). Any issue with blending the Surge with my last shake? Took forever for me to drink it all but was more efficient than drinking the Surge, waiting and then making the last shake.