Biotest

Bushwhacker's V-Diet Log

How’s this for a first post? I’ll be starting the V-Diet tomorrow, and I couldn’t be more excited. As a graduate student living off of student loans my budget is a little tight, as you might imagine. I’m choosing to look at this as a positive (since now that I’ve purchased the requisite powders and pills, I have no money for food). I’ve never been shredded, but when my athletic participation transitioned from football/wrestling/track in high school to rugby/getting-plastered as an undergrad things started getting out of hand. It’s time for a change. The fact that I’ll be in Spain over spring break may or may not also have something to do with it.

I’ll be doing the intermediate workout since I have some lifting experience, and also because it just looks like more fun.

I’ll post pics and measurements tomorrow - need to get batteries for my camera, and the scale’s at the gym. My landlady just cooked me some delicious Indian food, unknowingly allowing me to start the V-Diet off with an entirely empty digestive track. Tabula Rasa, so to speak.

At the very least this should be interesting. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to spend the night meditating upon my coming triumph.

Hello to you,

I am starting tomorrow as well with intermediate training also.
We shall motivate each other to end this journey with success.

Rest Well !

Very cool. Please post any specific questions for me in the Ask Chris forum so I’ll be sure to see them.

Keep us posted!

Thanks, Chris! Bon soir, Frenchie.

Just took the HOT-ROX, and Wow!, that’ll put a fire in your belly! The shake was surprisingly not bad. Good work, Biotest. I’m starting to see why using the right supplements is so important to compliance as well as success. I cant imagine lasting a full month on my “ON Gold Standard Whey”.

Off to the gym for workout #1. Time to get Hyooooge!

Workout One:

Front Squat: 185 lbs - 5,4,3,3,3,2
Lat Pull Down: 155 lbs - 6,5,4,3,2
Dumbbell Bench: 150 lbs - 5,4,3,2,2,1,2,1
Ab Rollout: 10,5,5
Room Spins: 50

Yes, I know, I’m a big wussy. I’ll focus on strength after I finish the V-diet. I figured it was best to cut down first to make it easier to add clean muscle, you know?

The rest intervals kicked my ass. We have to shorten those!? Fine. Fine. I’m not happy about it, though. Also, the Surge Recovery is hella sweet. I’ll have to dilute that next time.

Stats:

Height:5’11"
Weight:208.4lbs
Body Fat Percentage: Too damn fat
Neck:42cm
Shoulders:125cm (around top of armpit)
Chest Upper:102cm (same as shoulders)
Chest Middle:108.5cm (at nipple)
Chest Lower:103cm (at bottom of sternum)
Waist at Navel:106cm
Waist at Largest:106cm
Hips at Largest:100cm
Upper Arm L:33cm
Upper Arm R:36cm
Upper Leg L:63cm
Upper Leg R:63cm
Lower Leg L:37cm
Lower Leg R:36.5cm
Ankle L:20.5cm
Ankle R:20.5cm

Pics to come - I don’t want to leave any possible evidence on the campus comp-lab desktops.

Midway through Day 2… not too bad, so far. I’m sure it’s going to get more difficult, though. It’s interesting how I’m so full that I have difficulty getting the shakes down, but I still want to eat. Knowing that the craving is just in my head actually makes it pretty easy to ignore. It’s not about food at all, it’s about pleasure - a kind of masturbation.

I felt a sort of pride going to bed last night. The absolute knowledge that I am in control of my actions is something I didn’t even know I was lacking. Heady vibes, man.

I’m sore as shit today, too. Feels good

Finally: Choco- Metabolic Drive and peanut butter is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.

Alright, I suppose I had better nut up and post the photos already. To anyone viewing these, I apologize. I think this is probably important for me, though.

Side

Back

Metabolic Drive is too extreme for my blender.

I missed a shake this afternoon, not because I’m particularly busy, but because I’m an idiot. Anyways, I decided I’d add an extra scoop to my evening shake (making my net loss only 110 calories). Turns out 4 scoops of Metabolic Drive and 2 tbs of peanut butter was just too much for my cheap Cooks blender to handle, and she lit on fire. The shake tastes a little burnt, actually.

Also, check out that fat bastard up there. Who lets themselves get like that? I can totally take him. Day 2, check.

“The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body. You understand that the second you look in the mirror and you’re happy with what you see, baby, you just lost the battle.”

Day #3, Workout #2 - Here we go.

Had a late meeting last night, and (of course) there was pizza. Delicious, aromatic, greasy, carb-y pizza. I resisted temptation, but came home and drooled over Chris’ various healthy pizzas later. I must have lost an hour in the HSM thread. I’m better now.

Today’s workout was rough. I usually go first thing in the am, but I was forced to hit it in the afternoon today. This was a mistake, I think - things started getting fuzzy about halfway through. I didn’t yak, but it must have taken me a half hour to get out of the locker room and another half hour to zombie-walk the mile home.

Workout #2

Reverse Lunges: 45’s - 8,8,6,6,5,4,3
Barbell Row: 105 - 8,8,7,5,5,4,3
Push Press: 105 - 8,8,8,6,5,4,1
Barbell Curl: 70 - 8,6,6,6,5,3,3,2,1
Reverse Crunch: 10,10,10,10

Five most annoying aspects of the V-Diet:

5.Not actually eating Food. Actually less annoying than the following.
4.Digging for scoops. There are 16 of them in my V-Diet pack. I counted. It’s that annoying
3.NEPA walks in Seattle are 50% up hill, 50% down hill, with a 75% chance of showers. I’m wet and annoyed.
2.Explaining the V-Diet to people. I’m not doing it anymore. I’ve just started telling people I’m into blow now.
1.HOT-ROX makes my nose run. A lot. Between this and the baggies of powder people are starting to believe me.

[quote]Bushwhacker wrote:
4.Digging for scoops. There are 16 of them in my V-Diet pack. I counted. It’s that annoying
3.NEPA walks in Seattle are 50% up hill, 50% down hill, with a 75% chance of showers. I’m wet and annoyed.[/quote]
4- Yes. It would be nice if they made the handles longer.
3- Gotta go treadmill. Get on, get to it, get off, get out.

Haha! Thanks for the support.

Day 4 is in the bag - tough one, though. There was a period of about an hour where all I thought about was avocados and tomatoes. I avoided temptation by standing shirtless in the mirror and berating myself. Who quits on day 4? What a pussy.

Workout 3 tomorrow. I’m actually pretty pumped to get my deadlift on.

HSM DAY #1

I can do it. Made it through the first week; now there’s a precedent. Just three more sets of this, and I’m in the transition. Had a great workout yesterday, but I don’t think I’ll keep posting them. It’s all in the diet log, and I’ll give performance increases with the “after” picks.

I took measurements again this morning. Not terribly impressive, but as of yesterday morning (Day 5) I was down 6.4 lbs.

I’ve got a 2 mile walk to Trader Joe’s before I can enjoy a delicious HSM… btw, if shopping on an empty stomach is bad, I’m not looking forward to entering the produce section after not having eaten solid food for a week.

[quote]Bushwhacker wrote:
Not terribly impressive, but as of yesterday morning (Day 5) I was down 6.4 lbs. [/quote]

Focus on what’s working.

Or, focus on what a fat bastard you are ;.

I mean, use whatever works for you… focus on anything but food.

It’s all about focus, isn’t it? Shopping was actually not difficult at all. I had my shake about an hour before I went, and wasn’t even really interested in the food I was buying.

That attitude stoped once I got it home and started preping. Just the smell of the raw steak was intoxicating. Seriously, I’ve never felt more primal. I sorta wished I had gone out and killed it myself. (I’m normally a very peaceful person)

The asparagus (baked) tasted better than any full meal I’ve ever had, and if you haven’t tried Shug’s “Guac-Deviled Eggs,” do so. Today. Trust me.

No mental after effects, so far. I’ve come down, so to speak, and am back to my general state of disinterest regarding food. Looking forward to V-Burn tomorrow. It’s kinda similar to the ‘turf burners’ we were allowed to execute as a reward for poor performance back in Rugby.

Also, this site was helpful in the construction of my HSM. I’ve got it bookmarked, since I’m generally avoiding food with a nutrition label for the foreseeable future.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

“Measure what you value and value what you measure”

That’s one hell of a hunk of meat. That would probably take me a week to finish.

What’s in the cup?

Thanks for the link.

For kicks, I entered peanut butter, chose chunky.

why would there be ash in peanut butter?

Doesn’t matter… just seemed weird.