Biotest

Burn This(Done)

I started the V-Diet last week and was going to do the program on my own. However I was struggling the first week and read a quote that really helped me regain my motivation.

This is paraphrased:
"People come to me and ask me to help them achieve their goals. Then I ask myself ‘what does this person really want and what are they going to do so they don’t get it.’ Most of the time we create the obstacles to the very thing we desire. This is what you have to remember: if it is humanly possible then the only thing that’s left is that it might be hard."
Awesome.

So I decided to come here to support others and be supported. Plus it seems like you guys are having way too much fun.
I am on day 9 today so I will recap what I have done so far to help anyone who is thinking about starting.

(Pasted from my work doc)

Day One
5 shakes and supps, Surge
I woke up at 445am and got through the day with no caffeine or stimulant. I felt good all day, good energy and workout. I crashed around 730, however felt fine at home around 830pm. Hard day, nonstop from 445am to 8pm, so if I got through everything will be easy.

Day Two
5 shakes and supps
Today was a struggle. I felt foggy all morning and at workout. Felt like I was going to pass out. Felt a little better after Qigong. Very little mental clarity at work

Day Three
5 Shakes and supps
Very tired all day, low energy. Another long day from 445am to 8pm. Really good workout. Need to take mornings off

Day Four and Five
Both days really sucked. I basically prayed all day Thursday I would make it through the day. Waking up at 445am does not help. Great workout on Friday however I crashed when I got home. Out all damn night

Day Six
Meals 1-3-shakes and supps
HSM-Steak, sweet potato fries, steamed veggies, handful of blackberries. Fucking great
V-Burn challenge rocked. I got done in 42:40 on the advanced workout. I did the session outside after it had rained and had a hard time getting my damn feet up on the tree for handstand pushups.

Day Seven
5 Shakes and supps
Low energy all day, I relaxed and watched Masters and basketball all day

Day Eight
Today was my bitch, I felt great all day, fist time since on diet. I woke up at 545 and went all day non stop. Great workout no crash
Bent Over Row-185-6,4, 4, 3, 3
Overhead Squat-105-5,5,4,3,3
Dips-6,4,4,3,3
Ab Rollout-standing(which might me the hardest ab exercise of all time)-5,5,4,4,3

Day Nine
Did my 25 min of walking this morning. Good energy this morning, started to fade on my way to work. I realized there is a difference between fading and fear of fading. Also I had some crazy cravings today, A1 steak sauce, steak, veggies, peanut butter.
Meal 1-Shake, supps
Meal 2-shake, supps
Meal 3-Shake, supps
Meal 4-shake supps
Meal 5-protein pudding

Before V-Diet
stats
April 5th 2009 Sunday
Weight-211lbs
Lower Abs-33 1/2 inches
Upper Abs-32 1/2 inches
Chest-39 inches
Sternum(below nipple) 38 inches
Shoulders-50 inches
Left arm(unflexed) 13 1/4 inches flexed 15 1/4
Right arm(unflexed) 12 3/4 inches flexed 14 3/4 inches
Right Leg-21 inches
Left Leg-22 1/2 inches

Didn’t mean to double post that picture

Here is Side from before V-Diet

April 12th Sunday 2009
Weight-210lbs(-1)
Lower Abs-33 1/2 inches-Same
Upper Abs-32 1/2 inches-Same
Chest-38 1/2 inches-(-1/2)
Sternum(below nipple) 36 1/4 inches(-1 3/4)
Shoulders-48 1/4 inches-(-1 3/4)
Left arm(unflexed) 13 1/4(same) inches flexed 15 1/4 (same)
Right arm(unflexed) 12 3/4 inches flexed(same) 15 1/4 inches (+1/2)
Right Leg-22 inches(+1)
Left Leg-22 3/4 inches(+1/4)

Side after first week. Someone tell me how to post two pictures in one box because I am taking up all kinds of space.

Here is me back in August when I let myself go to 244lbs and 38 inch waist.
My goal is 194 at the end of the program so I can say I lost a FIDDY spot.

At 244

You are going to do great! Believe me! The first week is terrible! The second week gets easier, 3rd week HARD again! stop by my before and afters feel free to ask me anything you want! We are all here for you!

Seriously you are going to do great!

Tia

Good quote!

Keep us updated!

Keep up the good work! I’m pulling for ya.

[quote]Znug wrote:

Day Eight
Today was my bitch, I felt great all day, fist time since on diet. I woke up at 545 and went all day non stop. Great workout

[/quote]

This diet is ging to be your bitch man!!! It is nothing compared to the strength that is you.

I am on day four and I am sweating like a pig and walking around all charged up with my old football player mentality. I wanna punch walls and shit. I am pretty sure my coworkers think I am on speed or something.

Hey! Welcome to our dysfunctional family. Once you have everyone’s support on this forum, it will make it that much easier.

And I have to agree with Tia, first week sucks, second week is better, third week sucks again, and the fourth week is a piece of cake. I’m in my fourth week with 3 days to go and I feel fantastic and do not have any kinds of cravings for any food at all!

We’re here for ya! Post often and support others; you will find that this is not that bad. And… you will love your results!

First, I appreciate everyone’s support. Big happy family around these parts.

Today is Day 10
A rollercoaster ride of a day. I woke up at the ungodly hour of 4:45am with a ton of energy. I crashed pretty hard around 1pm after my last client, I am trainer here in the NYC.

My workout was kick ass
Lat Pulldown-150lbs 10 reps 165lbs-9-6-6-5-4
Neutral DB Bench-60lbs-10 70-9-6-5-3-3-4
RDL-155-8-7-7-6-6-5
Barbell Curl-65lbs-8-7-6-6-6-4-3
Hanging Leg Raise-9-5-5-5-5-4-4-3
25 uphill walking

Confessions of a Personal Trainer
It is amazing how much dumb shit one sees in the gym. Trainers have clients doing leg extensions while doing a two hand overhead DB extension. Then their is the classic one arm lat pulldown while shoulder pressing a pink DB. Or doing a one arm cable row while doing a shoulder press. My favorite may be the shoulder press while riding the exercise bike. Seriously I have seen trainers make clients do this. Then they all look at me crazy when I have someone doing complexes. On the home page of T-Nation there is a tagline of “Bodybuilding Elitist” or something like that. The whole attitude runs through the entire website of T-Nation, even the forums. It seems a bit much at times, then you realize how justified the statement is because so many trainers are not very knowledgeable. This is one of the best sources for all around information anywhere. The type of training and nutrition advice I hear is about 10 years old on average.
I’m done till tomorrow

Today was good, I had plenty of energy all day. It is interesting the changes that happen with the diet. Week one is like how I am going to survive in between shakes, week two is like I hope I can get all my shakes in. I’ve had cravings out the wazu for the past couple days. Fettuccine alfredo, biscuits and gravy(must be a southern thing), steamed veggies, carrots, cheeseburgers, etc. I realized their is a emotional component tied to my food cravings.

4 shakes and supps and protein pudding for dinner.

Two days till I hang with FWB and have a great dinner

Today is Day 12 and what a great day it was. I had good energy all day, I went to the Top of Rock, which I highly recommend for anyone visiting the NYC.

I will post some pix from my phone.

Meal 1-4 Shakes and supps
Meal 5-Surge Recovery
Meal 6-Protein pudding with one tablespoon of cashew butter and one tbs of almond butter. Delicious.

My workout was fucking great. Thanks to every who posted their before and after photos cuz I looked over that right before my workout.
Front Squats-135-5 reps 145-4,3,3,2,2,3,2,1
Close Grip bench-185-5,4,3,3,2,2,2,2,2
Chin-Up-8,5,3,2,2,2,2,1
Push Press-135-5,4,4,3,3,2,2,2

Top of the Rock

Amazing view

Hey Znug, sounds like you’re coming along nicely. Hey thats a good idea mixing the two types of nut butters! Im kinda tired of plain old peanut butter.

Nice shots of some NY scenery! Can you CLIMB up to whatever Top of the Rock is? Because that would be some badass NEPA right there :wink:

Anyway looking forward to your your end of week 2 results. The results you’ve shown so far are fantastic!

Lisa

[quote]austin2174 wrote:
Hey Znug, sounds like you’re coming along nicely. Hey thats a good idea mixing the two types of nut butters! Im kinda tired of plain old peanut butter.

Nice shots of some NY scenery! Can you CLIMB up to whatever Top of the Rock is? Because that would be some badass NEPA right there :wink:

Anyway looking forward to your your end of week 2 results. The results you’ve shown so far are fantastic!

Lisa[/quote]

Lisa, “Top of The Rock” is the Observation Deck @ Rockefeller Center. Amazing views up there. At 70 floors up, its DEFINITELY some ass-kickin NEPA.

Great progress Znug. That stomach area is definitely tightening up. Keep at it Bro and keep us updated! We’re all in this together.

Oh heyyyy!
To post pictures side-by-side you have to paste them into paint and then save as a pdf. file. It’s a pain, I know.

I enjoyed the rambling about the trainers because yesterday I saw some woman doing a wide stance DB sqaut (knees over toes, obv) - ready? - with a 5 lb DB, then she immediately went into calf raises (slow ones) holding 5 lb-ers, and then lat raises where her arms flew literally above her head. Meanwhile resing inbetween. If that’s all you’re going to do, why not just get a video and do it at home?

Saturday was all around great damn day. First, I was down 3 pounds and my stomach was down 1/4 inches. I will post pix and stats below. Second, I did my V-Burn Challenge in 39 minutes, which is 3 minutes and 40 seconds less than first week. Third I hung out with my friend and enjoyed a nice HSM, salmon and avocado roll, steak with asparagus, spinach, and finished off with an apple. I got laid twice and Had Us a Magnificent Dinner In Nicely Graded Extravagant Restaurant…some of you may catch that acronym.
My friend’s brother plays in the NHL so we watched hockey playoffs, I watched basketball playoffs, and watched the UFC.

I’m not sure what more a Testosterone Driven Male could ask for out of Life.

If you are reading this please raise your shake and cheers with me for such a great day

CHEERS!