Biotest

Buddha Belly Starts V-Diet 7/29/09

The most bloated man in America!

He’s blocking out the sun!

Oh, the horror!

Does anyone ever think they’ll get to THIS point? I never did. I look like a fucking hippo! Really. I came across this website and I knew I had to give it a shot. I’ve had enough, and I’m so angry and sickened by myself that I could just puke blood!

Believe it or not, I used to be an athlete, a pretty good one too. I can hear you now- what did you do, Sumo wrestle? Nope, I played baseball. I know a lot of people play sports growing up, and then give it up for various reasons. I played sports for a long time, in high school and in college- so I’ve known about working out and doing what’s right for keeping your body in shape.

That’s what makes me so angry, I KNOW what I should be doing it, I just haven’t been doing it. I could blame it on moving to a new state, the job I took once I got here, my schedule- anything. I could make excuses, but I have none. It’s my fault, I know this, so I have to change- now.

I was very leery of posting pics of myself, I have never even been close to the weight I’m at right now. Embarassing? That doesn’t even begin to describe it. But, I decided that most people on this site aren’t here to judge, they’re here to help and encourage others. I know part of my problem has been not having anyone to bounce things off of, sometimes it does indeed help to share with other people- especially those who are in a similar situation.

So here I am, in all my blubber encased glory! Plus, maybe someone will see my giant ass on here and it will help them get over their nerves about posting their own pics. Just do it and get it over with as soon as you can.

I’m not expecting to be completely where I want to be in 4-6 weeks, but I do know that the V-Diet will give me a good kick in the ass and reprogram my brain back to where it was a few years ago. Food has become too much of an afterthought in my life, like, I’ll just deal with the consequences later.

Well, later has turned into NOW. I always liked being challenged when I played ball, and I need the challenge now. I think most people feel a much greater sense of accomplishment when they succeed at something they aren’t supposed to even attempt. Everyone loves an underdog, you know.

So, that being said- I started the V-Diet yesterday. Like everyone else, I would have preferred to have started on a Monday, but hey- I had to get things rolling ASAP. I did a NEPA walk (30 min.) on treadmill in the morning. In the afternoon I did my workout, and it went well, I may need to get some heavier dumbbels for next time. In the evening I took a 35 minute walk around the neighborhood, I was getting restless.

The shakes are really sweet, maybe a little too sweet, but they don’t bother me too much as long as I don’t drink them too fast. I used to drink Met-Rx and the first EAS shakes back in the 90’s when they came out, so I’m not too much a stranger to protein shakes. I’ll probably start mixing the powders in baggies like I’ve seen other people doing on this site. (great idea, by the way!)

I’ll post some measurements next time. Starting weight is 243 (yikes!). I’m pretty sure I can lose 15 - 20 lbs. during the initial phase, as long as I stay consistent, my body will respond well.

Until next time…

Welcome oh great Buddha6. You can do this! Have you determined “why” you are doing this? It’s been important for me to know my reasons - helps get me through the rough patches (I’m on day 17).

I won’t bullshit you. It isn’t easy. But looking back now that I’m in a groove it’s one of the easiest things I’ve done.

Sounds like you’ve already made the decision by sharing your pix. Very brave.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Good luck fella. It can be hard at times, especially the first few days, but the results are worth it!

Started day 3, a little sore from day 1 workout- mainly my legs from the squats. I had a bit of trouble getting the final shake down last night, I notice myself getting a bit nauseous if I drink the shakes too fast.

I was a little tired yesterday, but not too bad. Did two NEPA walks, one in the morning, one in the evening. It was good to walk to stretch out my legs while they’re sore.

Today I’m taking a NEPA walk before work, and then working out in the afternoon. Hopefully the last two shakes of the day will go down okay! I’ll get them down no matter what.

Started day 3, a little sore from day 1 workout- mainly my legs from the squats. I had a bit of trouble getting the final shake down last night, I notice myself getting a bit nauseous if I drink the shakes too fast.

I was a little tired yesterday, but not too bad. Did two NEPA walks, one in the morning, one in the evening. It was good to walk to stretch out my legs while they’re sore.

Today I’m taking a NEPA walk before work, and then working out in the afternoon. Hopefully the last two shakes of the day will go down okay! I’ll get them down no matter what.

Keep it up Buddha!

Welcome Buddha

I am looking forward to be inspired by your future progress ,
good to see people making an effort and setting their mind on reaching their goals .

Kind Regards AndreP