Biotest

Broth Okay?

I’ve been on the V-Diet for 4 days and am wondering if broth is okay. I’m feeling a little drained and am thinking the sodium might not be a bad idea. Is an occasional chicken broth allowed?

[quote]shellyworks wrote:
I’ve been on the V-Diet for 4 days and am wondering if broth is okay. I’m feeling a little drained and am thinking the sodium might not be a bad idea. Is an occasional chicken broth allowed?[/quote]

Some folks may need a little extra sodium, but I’d rather it not come from broth. Or rather, if you just feel you need some extra sodium then that’s fine. But if it’s a “I need flavoooooor!” sort of thing, then it’s best to fight it and let the taste/craving changes occur. Yes, the shakes – although they taste good and come in more flavors these days – will become monotonous. Good! It’s part of the “food rehab” and habit-busting effects. But if you just need sodium, it’s okay.

The V-Diet does contain enough sodium for basic health functions BTW, though I understand some people may need more.

Thanks. I’ll just stay the course.

Shelly,

I had the same experience, needing sodium, due to physical training in my job. I dissolved one serving of ordinary salt in 1/2 cup of water twice daily. I felt worlds better, and it helped me stay within the confines of the diet.