I made these the last 2 nights, and they are quick, easy, and cheap.
- grease a pan, dish, etc.
- cover the bottom with sardines
- cut the tops off of your bell peppers
- stuff your bell peppers with cheese and other good stuff ( jalapeno, avocado, tomato, etc.)
- position the stuffed bell peppers top side down on top of the sardines
- broil for 5-10 minutes
- take out of the oven. let the charred peppers steam for a few minutes, and then remove the charred portion of the skin
The numbers on 2 bell peppers stuffed with cheese and jalapenos and served over 1 can of sardines:
Fat: 30 g ( 1.5 g omega 3’s )
Carb: 12 g ( 3 g fiber )
Protein: 50 g