Biotest

Bre's V-Diet Journey

Hey guys!

My name is Bre. I am 23 year old female. My shipment of Biotest supplements came in today, so I will be starting the V-Diet tomorrow. I have been a luker on the boards for quiet some time due to the obsession my cousins have with the FA fourms.

Anyways, I’ve been competing for 3 years, but this past offseason was out of control. I’ve decided to take a break from competing until I get my bodyfat under control. I believe I am about 40 lbs over my normal offseason weight (My normal offseason is about 140-145. Right now I’m sitting around 185). The good news is I have been eating a clean and controlled diet for the past 12 weeks. My bodyfat and weight have maintained, which is fine because my goal for the past several months was to get back into eating clean (which I achieved). Now, I am looking for something more intense to jump start my fat loss and transform my physique.

I’m not sure what it is, but I love challenging myself and pushing my own limits. As strange as this may sound, a diet such as the Vdiet sounds so challenging and extreme that I will probably find it very fufilling throughout. If you have competed before, you can probably relate. Plus, I figure if I can prep for shows and survive 18 weeks of double cardio then I should have no problemo on the Vdiet.

Ok, so I will be following Waterbury’s beginner weight training program (Fri, Sun, Wed) and Shug’s formula below:

I Need to Lose Over 35 Total Pounds

Women needing to lose over 35 pounds total and men needing to lose over 30 pounds should use this formula:

(10.2 x body weight + 879) x .50 = _______ x .8 = _______

(10.2 x body weight + 879) x .60 = _______ x .8 = _______

If you are looking to be inspired, FOLLOW MY JOURNAL.
If you are looking for motivation, FOLLOW MY JOURNAL.
If you are looking to transform your mind set, FOLLOW MY JOURNAL.

You see, I know I will struggle at times throughout this diet. But that is a normal part of the process. This diet (as with any) is a mental game. My mental game is strong, therefore I know I will succeed. I will post measurements and diet tomorrow.

Oh, and please no negativity in this journal. I love constructive critiscism (constructive criticism is welcomed), but I cannot stand rude, obnxious, negative people

Have a great night ya’ll

BRE

BRE,

Good luck and you will find a TON of positive people here! I am sure we will all be pulling for you!

Michael

Ok so FINALLY it’s almost time for me to begin the Vdiet. I have a question about my HSM day. I am picking my HSM to be every Saturday. Is this too close to my start date? Since I am starting on Friday (January 30th) is that ok to have my HSM on the 31st?

I am really pumped to start this because it’s going to be so much easier to pack all of my meals before school and work. Usually I am sitting in class busting out a tupperware container of chicken , rice , and veggies. LoL.

Today I experimented with the Vdiet to prepare myself for tomorrow. I had shakes for all but one meal. I felt fine all day, had tons of energy and never felt hungry…

Alright so my total calories for nonlifting days are 1100 and on lifting days my calories are 1300. whoop whoop!! Let’s do this !

TOMORROW IS DAY # 1 …YAY!!

I took measurements this morning. I will take measurements and weight every Friday morning. I have also decided to have my HSM on Fridays as well.

Weight: 184 lbs
Neck: 13.5"
Shoulders: 36"
Chest: 38.5"
Waist: 41"
Hips: 43"
Thigh: 24.5"
Calf: 15.5"
Arm: 14.5"

Honestly, all I can say is that I am extremely embarassed by these numbers. How the HELL did I let myself go so much ??? I don’t ‘look’ like I am 185 pounds, but clearly I am. I am so determined to stick to the V-Diet and get this unwanted fat off my body. I don’t even feel like the same athlete I once was in high school. I am so much better than this. I cannot wait to bring back my inner athlete and hott physqiue.

I had shake #1 this morning. 2 scoops of chocolate Metabolic Drive along with 2 HOT-ROX and 1 se7en. I will post my workout and rest of my diet later.

Okay, Bre, let’s see that transformation transpire! Keep us posted!

So far so good today. DAY 1=SUCCESS. I know it’s not over yet, but trust me I will be fine . I am posting early because I am off to work and probably won’t be home until around midnight.

It’s more of a high profile job , so I cannot say exactly what it is…but I do move around quiet a bit which adds to my NEPA. NPEA? haha .

DIET for today:

7:30 am : 2 HOT-ROX, 1 Se7en, 2 sccops chocolate Metabolic Drive

10:30am: 2 fish oil, 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 2 TBSP ground flax

11:30am-12:30pm…WORKOUT and sip on 1 scoop Chocolate SURGE. + 15 min before lifting I did a one mile walk on the treadmill (3.5 incline, 4.0 speed). Then, after my lift I did another 15 min of walking at 4.0 incline & 3.5 speed.

2 Strawberry Fiber Tabs

1:3o pm: 2 scoops Vanilla Metabolic Drive

4:00pm: 2 fish oil, 1 Se7en, 1 scoop Chocolate Metabolic Drive, 1 TBSP flax, 1 TBSP Smuckers Natural P.B.

8:00pm (tonight during work): 1 scoop Chocolate Metabolic Drive, 1 Tbsp Flax, 1 TBSP natural p.b.

2 ZMA before bed (whenever that is LoL)…

WORKOUT TODAY:
DB Romainian Deadlifts: 30, 30, 35 x 8
Pushups: x 8
Wide Grip Pulldown: 80, 80, 80 x 8
(did this in circuit fasion, with 30 sec rest in between sets)

THEN

Standing DB side raise: 10,10,10 x 8 (my shoulders click and pop when I do these so I am scared to go back up to 17.5 )
Bent Over DB Row: 50, 50, 50 x 8
Reverse Crunch : x 8
Step Ups: 15, 20, 20
(did in circuit fasion, 30 sec rest btwn sets).

WHOOP WHOOP! FANTASTIC HARD & HEAVY LIFT !

QUOTE FOR THE DAY:
“Accept challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory!”

I’d probably give it atleast 5 days before having your HSM. Day 2-4 will be very tough as the novelty and excitement from Day 1 will have worn off and you’ll really start to notice hunger pangs, fatigue, etc. Having your meal on Day 5 will give you something to look forward to and also give you enough time to start to adjust to the diet.

I finish my first attempt at the V-Diet on Sunday and the results are excellent. I’m certain if you stick to the diet & excercise program, your results will be fantastic also.

[quote]CallMeBruce wrote:
I’d probably give it atleast 5 days before having your HSM. Day 2-4 will be very tough as the novelty and excitement from Day 1 will have worn off and you’ll really start to notice hunger pangs, fatigue, etc. Having your meal on Day 5 will give you something to look forward to and also give you enough time to start to adjust to the diet.

I finish my first attempt at the V-Diet on Sunday and the results are excellent. I’m certain if you stick to the diet & excercise program, your results will be fantastic also. [/quote]

Hey Bruce ! Thanks for stopping by my V-Diet journal. Congrats on successfully completing the journey! Thanks for the extra encouragement. This is definitely going to be an interesting ride. I am waiting until next Friday (Day 8) to have my HSM. Does that seem to long w/o a HSM >? I would like to keep my HSM centered around Friday or Saturday since those are the days I am most likely to go out to dinner and socialize.

Bre,

I think it’s better that you’re waiting until next week to have your HSM, rather than doing it a day or two after you start. Good luck with the diet, it should be easy for you to get back down to a low body fat percentage, as you have been there before. Let’s see some starting pics to go along with the measurements.

Jeremy

DAY #2 =SUCCESS!
Quote of the day : “Just Do It !”

Ok, so the weekends are going to be the hardest for me because I'm not as busy.  I spend most Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays doing homework and relaxing at home.  Tonight I found myself being so bored (and when I'm bored I eat).  Instead of eating (LoL, there is no way I am stopping this diet) I decided to hit up the mall.  Plus, I thought this was a great way to get in extra NEPA !  Now, $250.00 later-- my checkbook hates me :*( 

DIET:
8:00am: 2 HOT-ROX, 1 Se7en, 2 scoops chocolate Metabolic Drive

11:00am: 2 Flameout, 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 2 TBSP ground flax

12:15pm: 2 Strawberry Fiber Tabs (LOL these remind me of chalk! I have never eaten chalk before, but the texture seriously is chalk).

1pm-1:30pm: Did 30 minutes of NEPA walk on the treadmill. Incline was set to 3.5, speed was set at 4.0. The distance was exactly 2 miles for today.

2pm: 2 HOT-ROX, 2 scoops banana Metabolic Drive

5pm: 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 1 TBSP natural peanut butter, 1 TBSP flax

10pm (I was aiming to have this shake at 9pm, but I got caught up shopping): 2 Flameout, 1 Se7en, 1 scoop Chocolate Metabolic Drive, 1 TBSP flax, 1 TBSP natural peanut butter.

2 ZMA before bed

Overall no signs of fatigue today. I was a tad hungry between meals, but that is common any time someone is cutting. I don’t think I will have that fatigue feeling because carbohydrates were not a big part of my diet. I am very carb sensitive, so the only time I consume carbs during a normal diet is post workout. But who knows, we shall see.

Also, I am SO SORE from yesterday’s workout!!! My back feels like it wants to jump out of my skin. I am amazed at yesterday’s workout and the DOMS.

I am sorry to say, I cannot post pictures because of the high profile job that I have. IT SUCKS BIG TIME (not the job, but the fact that I can’t post em). I want everyone to be able to see and share my success, but I guess the numbers will have to do.

ON TO DAY THREE RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH…

Day #3

This was a toughie for me.  Tonight I am surrounded by so much good Superbowl food.  It's insane how food orienated our culture is !  I want to eat it !!!  But anyways, I sucked it up and stuck to the Vdiet today because there is no point in half-assing this.  The only thing keeping me sane right now is decaffinated vanilla tea!

DIET:
8:00am: 2 HOT-ROX, 1 Se7en, 2 scoops chocolate Metabolic Drive, 16 oz decafinated vanilla tea…yum!

WORKOUT 9:15-10:30
NEPA: 15 minutes walking on treadmill before lifting. 3.5 incline and 4.0 speed. Also, did 15 minutes walking on treadmill after lifting. Total of 2 miles walked today.

Training:
Pulldown (supinated grip): 80, 85, 85, 90, 90, 90 x 4
Deadlifts: 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100 x 4
Dumbell Bench Press: 25, 30, 30, 35, 35, 30 x 4

Done in a circuit with 30 seconds in between each set. Also sipped on one scoop of chocolate SURGE.

Then, 2 sets of side planks (30 sec each).

11:00am: 2 Flameout, 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 2 TBSP Flax

12pm: 2 Strawberry Fiber Tabs

1:30pm: 2 HOT-ROX, 2 scoops strawberry Metabolic Drive

5pm: 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 1 TBSP Flax, 1 TBSP Natural Peanut Butter

7:30pm: 2 Flameout, 1 Se7en, 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 1 TBSP flax, 1 TBSP Natural Peanut Butter

My energy levels are normal. My stomach is grumbling like crazy …and it has been all day. I cannot wait until this game is over so I can pass out and wake up to a Metabolic Drive shake!

Have a great night everyone!!!

Just a random thought…

I am thinking ahead to my HSM on Friday. It’s going to be PWO. Chicken, broccoli, and a small yam. Am I supposed to cut out a shake ? keep em all in ? judge by how I feel that day ?

Just checking to see if there were specific guidelines on this. I cannot seem to find info on it!

Thanks guys!

The HSM replaces a shake. But I don’t know that I’d replace the Surge PWO drink with a shake. Lots of goodness in Surge that won’t be in your HSM that’s good for recovery.

go bre, go!

Here is a nice quote for you and the V-Diet group as well which I love!

The difference between triumphant success or bitter failure lies in the degree of our commitment, seek out, study,and apply what you have learned. Discipline yourself, discipline is the most critical ingredient for success. It’s the key that unlocks the door to wealth and happiness, it is what binds dreams to achievements.

We must all suffer from one of two pains, the pain of discipline or the pain of regret, the difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.

Unless you change how you are, you’ll always have what you’ve got, you can change all things for the better when you change yourself for the better.

Remember this bit of coffee shop wisdom. A small note on a tip jar said,“If you fear change, leave it here.”

Stay focused, keep going!

Toni

Hi Bre

You’re doing great and congrats from staying true during the Superbowl.

Today is my last day. This diet is SO worth it.

Best of luck.

Helen

Skyefit: I LOVE the quotes. I have a HUGE book of quotes that I pull out once contest prep begins. Now (thanks to you) I can add 4 to my quote book! YAY!!!

Helen: CONGRATS on making it through 28 days of V-Dieting ! That is awesome. You obviously have a tremendous amount of willpower and discipline, I admire that. GREAT JOB. I am THRILLED for you. Keep posting during your transition!

DAY 4= SUCCESS (come on, would you really expect anything different hehe).

Quote of the day:
"You set a goal to be the best and then you work hard every hour of every day, striving to reach that goal.  If you allow yourself to settle for anything less than number one, you are cheating yourself."- Don Shula
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DIET:
8:00am: 2 HOT-ROX, 1 Se7en, 2 scoops chocolate Metabolic Drive, 16 oz decaffienated vanilla tea

11:00am: 2 Flameout, 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 2 TBSP flax

12pm: ***2 strawberry Fiber tabs***

2:00pm: 2 HOT-ROX, 2 scoops banana Metabolic Drive

5:00pm: 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 1 TBSP flax, 1 TBSP natural peanut butter

8:00pm: 2 Flameout, 1 Se7en, 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 1 TBSP flax, 1 TBSP natural peanut butter

9pm: 16 oz green tea

I did my NEPA walk at 4:00pm.  I walked on a 3.5 incline at 4.0 mph for 40 minutes.  I walked 2.6 miles! I am trying to keep my NEPA walk at 30 minutes because I would like to see the progress my body makes without having to progress the NEPA.  BUT thanks to Oprah, I couldn't stop at 30 minutes (don't knock my Oprah hahaha).  It was such an interesting episode this afternoon!  I was so engulfed that when 30 minutes was up, it felt like I had been walking on the treadmill for 5 minutes!!

!WARNING: Let it be known-- I AM ADDICTED TO TEA!  I don't know what it is but I LOVE IT.  I buy all different flavors, but especially love vanilla flavored.  I find it very soothing at night.  It also diminshes cravings that I have.

Ok, energy levels are still normal.  Nothing lost or gained there.  I feel lean and mean--light as a feather.  I find that I get real hungry right before bed.  I had a little bit of trouble sleeping last night because my stomach was grumbling.  I may combine the last two shakes together and wait 4 hours in between.  It depends on how I feel over the next few days.  I love making my shakes into the pudding form-- but I find it does not fill me up.  So, I may try downing 16-20 oz of water everytime I make the pudding verison of my shakes.  

Also, I stopped at WalMart today and picked up this drink mix stuff that I always use during season.  It has ZERO everything in it (only 10mg Sodium).  Great Value is the company that makes it and I swear they have every flavor on the market...I picked up Cherry and Grape (MY FAVES !!!!!!!!!!). LOL I get excited just thinking about the taste! hahahaha!  GO PICK THESE UP!!  I swear it will make your life on the Vdiet SO MUCH BETTER.

I have SO MUCH MORE time for studying and HW!  I LOVE IT!  I had NO IDEA that my gym time, cooking time, and meal prepping consumed so much of my life.  In a way it kinda makes me sad.  Since I have been on the Vdiet the past 4 days, I have had time to catch up with old friends, actually READ my textbooks for class, complete assignments that are due in a few weeks, and not worry so much about how I am going to fit my gym time in.  This plan is seriously a God send for college gym-goers.  Thanks Shugs ;0)

Have a great night all :) 

Sleep tight dreaming of Metabolic Drive shakes ..... ****yummy****

DAY 5= SUCCESS

Quote of the day :
"If you got guts to stick to it, you are going to make it."

Long day. I’m exchausted. Three classes, and worked which requries a lot of moving around and performing. I’m spent. My bed is looking oh so cozy right now.

NEPA walk for 30 minutes on 3.5 incline and a 4.0 speed. I did this on an empty stomach this morning just to switch it up a bit. I did not like it. I was starving the whole time I was on the treadmill AND I felt groggy/light headed.

DIET:
8:30 2 HOT-ROX, 1 Se7en, 2 scoops chocolate Metabolic Drive

10:30: 2 Strawberry Fiber Tabs

11:30: 2 Flameout, 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 2 TBSP Flax

3:30pm: 2 HOT-ROX, 2 scoops strawberry Metabolic Drive

7:30pm: 1 Se7en, 2 Flameout, 2 TBSP peanut butter, 2 TBSP flax, 2 scoops chocolate Metabolic Drive

I’m SPENT. Normal energy today (aside from NEPA walk). Glad I didn’t have to pack any real food today because I was gone from 7am until 11 pm. GOOD NIGHT. gr.

This is badass. Loads of luck to you-- there are a lot of folks here cheering you on.

Hey Bre, I just wanted to swing by, and see how things are coming along. You seem to be doing great! Keep up the good work, and keep us posted!