Biotest

Brain Candy

Chris, Im taking the plunge and grabbing my first case of Brain Candy. Deciding between the normal and non caff version and some questions.

Why is there caffiene in the normal version, is there a benefit that contributes to the original intent of the product? Anecdotally I always has better focus on stims so wondering if that is the case.

With the non caff version, is it still not advisable to mix with stims? Let’s say I take BC in the mornings, and mid afternoon or pre gym I need a pick me up and drink a Spike or other energy drink, is there any worries of BC containing something that would have a multiplier effect?

Thanks as always in advance for your help.

There are two versions offered, <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy"target=“new”>Brain Candy original and <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy-caffiene-free"target=“new”>Brain Candy Caffeine Free simple because some people want the cognitive effects of the other ingredients, but don’t do so well with caffeine itself. Or, they want Brain Candy and their coffee. If you handle stimulants well, we suggest the original Brain Candy. Caffeine is just a great cognitive and physical performance enhancer with numerous benefits in those areas.

You can mix caffeine containing products with non-caffeinated Brain Candy if you’d like.

This is what I read when I clicked on the link for ‘Brain Candy’ :“With Brain Candy, I can tolerate people I don’t like.”… Maybe my boss should provide me with this everyday… lol

[quote]nocoolnick wrote:
This is what I read when I clicked on the link for ‘Brain Candy’ :“With Brain Candy, I can tolerate people I don’t like.”… Maybe my boss should provide me with this everyday… lol
[/quote]

I’ve been out of Brain Candy for 2 weeks. I nearly throttled a fellow employee for laying hands on me yesterday.

Yeah. Brain Candy is good…

[quote]nocoolnick wrote:
[/quote]

We hear that one or something like it a lot!

Brain Candy keeps me from pummeling TSA agents at the airport security line. You definitely handle you day better. My wife said she would rather give up her Chanel makeup than Brain Candy, I think that speaks volumes.

Keeps me from strangling customers at work (retail) and allows me to actually laugh off the extremely difficult customers . . . after they’ve left, of course :slight_smile:

Brain Candy is awesome.

I just started a very large and mentally consuming project at work with a high risk/reward type setup. Im going to order some today, ill post back some feedback after I try it out.

Bah,
I had avoided placing this in my rather stupidly large order…
Mmmmm to order or not to order !

If this has been discussed in another thread, my apologies. I have searched, but did not find what I was looking for. Here’s the question: what about combining Caffeine-Free Brain Candy with Spike? Is this not recommended? I have some older Caffeine-Free Spike still, and would like to try the combo. But before I do, I would like to read others’ experience with this type of combo.

I have combined Brain Candy and piracetam (morning use only), and I like it. I use the Caffeine-Free version only.
For comparison, my usual morning combines Alpha-GPC and piracetam (again, morning use only) and I love it. The experience is a little different, more acute for me, but much less lasting than the Brain Candy combo. Brain Candy and piracetam last me ALL day practically. No crashes with Brain Candy + piracetam…with Alpha-GPC and piracetam, I was a bit sleepy in the late afternoon.

But I have always liked Caffeine-Free Spike.

With Spike, I always got an intense zero-in focus that I don’t get with anything else. Alas, with the discontinuation of Caffeine-Free Spike several years ago, I have eliminated its use from my regimen. I have always looked back on the experience however with fondness. I could by the main ingredient of Spike, sulbutiame, but have not done so yet. There are some compelling arguments out there on the web with regards to sulbutiame’s safety during prolonged use which also keeps me hesitant.

I’ve tried CF BC and regular Spike to much delight.

I expect BC + CF Spike would work the same.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
If this has been discussed in another thread, my apologies. I have searched, but did not find what I was looking for. Here’s the question: what about combining Caffeine-Free Brain Candy with Spike? Is this not recommended? I have some older Caffeine-Free Spike still, and would like to try the combo. But before I do, I would like to read others’ experience with this type of combo.

I have combined Brain Candy and piracetam (morning use only), and I like it. I use the Caffeine-Free version only.
For comparison, my usual morning combines Alpha-GPC and piracetam (again, morning use only) and I love it. The experience is a little different, more acute for me, but much less lasting than the Brain Candy combo. Brain Candy and piracetam last me ALL day practically. No crashes with Brain Candy + piracetam…with Alpha-GPC and piracetam, I was a bit sleepy in the late afternoon.

But I have always liked Caffeine-Free Spike.

With Spike, I always got an intense zero-in focus that I don’t get with anything else. Alas, with the discontinuation of Caffeine-Free Spike several years ago, I have eliminated its use from my regimen. I have always looked back on the experience however with fondness. I could by the main ingredient of Spike, sulbutiame, but have not done so yet. There are some compelling arguments out there on the web with regards to sulbutiame’s safety during prolonged use which also keeps me hesitant. [/quote]

Taking a Caffeine Free Brain Candy with a SPIKE is very common. I actually have an Original 16oz SPIKE with a Caffeine Free Brain Candy every day. I love the effect and the orange/ berry mix is delicious.

How much caffeine is in a tablet of Spike?

[quote]Myosin wrote:
How much caffeine is in a tablet of Spike?[/quote]

It’s a proprietary blend, so you can gather from that why that wouldn’t be disclosed. I would guess to say its as much as what’s in a strong cup of coffee but a lot like Brain Candy its the mix of ingredients including the caffeine that gives it the synergistic effect.

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]Myosin wrote:
How much caffeine is in a tablet of Spike?[/quote]

It’s a proprietary blend, so you can gather from that why that wouldn’t be disclosed. I would guess to say its as much as what’s in a strong cup of coffee but a lot like Brain Candy its the mix of ingredients including the caffeine that gives it the synergistic effect.
[/quote]

Thanks man. Figured that but it really would be nice to know how much for those you really want to control/limit their caffeine intake. At least a response would be cool instead of the question totally ignored.