Biotest

Brain Candy Timing

The best time to take Brain Candy?
Can it be used together with Plazma before training?

[quote]Coltman wrote:
Can it be used together with Plazma before training?
[/quote]

It’s perfectly fine to take with Plazma.

I prefer to take my Brain Candy first thing in the morning, gets my ass out of bed and into the gym if i’ve got cardio or up and cooking breakfast.

I normally train in the evenings, I’ve taken Brain Candy on rare occasions around 4pm as a “pre workout”. That works too.

[quote]Coltman wrote:
Can it be used together with Plazma before training?[/quote]
Yep, like Corst said, you can take it with Plazma no prob.

The “best time” would probably be 15-30 minutes before you need your brain firing on all cylinders, whether that’s pre-lifting, pre-business meeting, pre-article writing, whatever.

Is there a preference over the caffeinated or non caffeinated?

I have been concerned about taking it late in the afternoon as it might disturb my sleep.

[quote]Coltman wrote:
Is there a preference over the caffeinated or non caffeinated?

I have been concerned about taking it late in the afternoon as it might disturb my sleep.[/quote]
Like the label says, there’s 300mg caffeine in the original Brain Candy. Only you know your tolerance level, so plan accordingly.

The sense I got from one of the commentors here was that Brain Candy is a good supplement, but not necessarily ideal for use as a pre-workout. That has been my experience, but I’m also on a low carb diet as well, so it may be difficult to judge from that. Is there anything more effective as a pre-workout that I can take after my diet is over?

[quote]tuttle wrote:
The sense I got from one of the commentors here was that Brain Candy is a good supplement, but not necessarily ideal for use as a pre-workout. That has been my experience, but I’m also on a low carb diet as well, so it may be difficult to judge from that. Is there anything more effective as a pre-workout that I can take after my diet is over?[/quote]

Brain Candy is good but I get tolerant to the amount of caffeine in it very quickly (fyi I’m a slow metabolizer of caffeine). Another thing is that if you are insulin resistant, a big bolus of caffeine anhydrous can temporarily induce insulin resistance further and reduce glucose dispersal in muscles.

My go to is a shot of Alpha-GPC and a good cup of coffee. The chlorogenic acid in coffee can also directly stimulate AMPK as well as phosphorylate Akt (stimulate GLUT4).

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.