Biotest

Brain Candy Original or Caffeine-Free?

Hello, I was wondering which Brain Candy option is better? In general, which formula works better throughout the day?

I’ve never the Brain Candy supplement, so I was just curious and seeking advice from users.

I’ve used some nootropics like Alpha Brain before, not sure how it compares.

Thank you.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy"target=“new”>Brain Candy original has caffeine, the caffeine-free of course does not. Do you like caffeine and tolerate it well? Then go with original. It’s a personal preference.

I had a few cases of the original (caffeine) when it first came out and loved it.

Just recently tried the caffeine free and didn’t notice a thing.

You’ll just have to pick one/or both versions and see which works for you.

This guy did some serious experimenting:

Origin Brain Candy: adriancrowe.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/the-brain-candy-experiment-part-1/

Caffeine-Free Brain Candy: adriancrowe.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/the-caffeine-free-brain-candy-experiment/

Alright, thanks everyone! I’m going to go with the caffeine free one. Especially since I drink energy drinks and coffee which is filled with caffeine.

Like together??? ill say a prayer for your adrenal glands…

[quote]notthiskid wrote:
Alright, thanks everyone! I’m going to go with the caffeine free one. Especially since I drink energy drinks and coffee which is filled with caffeine. [/quote]

You definitely will want caffeine-free Brain Candy then.

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:
I had a few cases of the original (caffeine) when it first came out and loved it.

Just recently tried the caffeine free and didn’t notice a thing.

You’ll just have to pick one/or both versions and see which works for you.[/quote]

I am the same boat as u… did not notice anything with caffeine-free

but if the difference between getting no benefit and getting some benefit is just the caffeine, then surely that means that all the other ingredients are pretty useless…

for you anyway

what say?

You would already be in a pretty damaged state if you caught any kind of exhaustion from 300mg caffeine. It wouldn’t be brain candy alone, with 1 serving every 24 hours, that would causes adrenal exhaustion. You would have already burned your candle out.

I have noticed negative effects in some people who do brain candy and coffee. But, again, this is because cortisol is already an issue.