Biotest

Brain Candy Long Term

I found a thread on Brain Candy but it was created shortly after the product was released.

My question is: Has anyone here used this product for a couple of months straight or more… if so what was your experience like?

I basically need something to boost my focus at work while I’m dieting for the next 8 weeks.

I used it for 9 months straight then took a 5 month break.

I rather wise I didn’t take the break. It was an experiment to see how life was on the other side since I had forgotten. I’ve been back on for 1 week now ( today was bottle 7 ). I am noticeably in a better mood. My focus feels solid.

Long term usage works great. I think those 9 months were probably some of the better ones I had in recent years.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy"target=“new”>Brain Candy can definitely be used long-term. In fact, consistent usage may have some long-lasting “reprograming” effects when it comes to improved cognition.

If you feel you’d rather cycle caffeine intake, you could alternate between original and <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy-caffiene-free"target=“new”>Brain Candy Caffeine Free. Or use caffeine-free on days when you want to have coffee.

Brain Candy is especially good for dieting phases when mood, energy, and even mental focus can start to drag, so good choice there.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Brain Candy is especially good for dieting phases when mood, energy, and even mental focus can start to drag, so good choice there. [/quote]

It makes fasting incredibly easy. Pulse fast or just regular fasting.

I bought Brain Candy as soon as it came out, and used it daily with very few exceptions (maybe a dozen days total), until last month. So it’s quite possible that I’ve used it more than anyone else on this site :slight_smile:

The ONLY reason I stopped using it is because I recently switched to HOT-ROX, and I don’t need my caffeine intake to be through the roof.

I never became overly acclimated to the product, and when I run out of HOT-ROX, I plan to resume my Brain Candy use. The price, IMO, is well worth it. I used to drink coffee, giant energy drinks, 5 hour energy’s, etc. When I started using Brain Candy, I completely discontinued all other energy products, and felt great pretty much all the time.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
I bought Brain Candy as soon as it came out, and used it daily with very few exceptions (maybe a dozen days total), until last month. So it’s quite possible that I’ve used it more than anyone else on this site :slight_smile:

The ONLY reason I stopped using it is because I recently switched to HOT-ROX, and I don’t need my caffeine intake to be through the roof.

I never became overly acclimated to the product, and when I run out of HOT-ROX, I plan to resume my Brain Candy use. The price, IMO, is well worth it. I used to drink coffee, giant energy drinks, 5 hour energy’s, etc. When I started using Brain Candy, I completely discontinued all other energy products, and felt great pretty much all the time.[/quote]

That is a very important point. I haven’t had coffee since taking Brain Candy. My coffee mug is upset with me. There’s also no late afternoon fog either.

I’ve used Brain Candy pretty consistently since it came out last April (think it was then…), although I’ll often not take it on weekends if I’m having coffee ( I only have coffee on weekends now, have no need for it during the week). No adverse symptoms to report at all. I juggle a lot of crises at work on a pretty regular basis and Brain Candy has really helped me take on a much more complex workload and deal with it all. Really, really like it.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

My coffee mug is upset with me. [/quote]

I wonder if this is the underlying reason you and flip collar are seeing returns on Brain Candy.

I don’t drink coffee, I sleep well and on time, eat a quasi-paleo diet while hitting the gym 4-6x a week.

I’ve only ever suffered from concentration issues dieting.

I’ve met a few regular coffee drinkers who sleep like absolute crap.

Actually just noticed westnole too sounds like he was a former regular coffee before taking Brain Candy.

As I said, pretty interesting how everyone who chimed in is a regular coffee drinker.

I was more of a regular energy drink drinker than coffee (coffee was basically a weekend social thing), but i get what you’re saying. As for sleep, I’ve never had a problem with that. I work hard, go to the gym, and I’m exhausted every day, so I don’t generally have to worry about sleep quality.

I enjoy stims, and I tend to do well with them at work and in the gym, and I feel like, in the world of stims, Brain Candy is the best available.

I’ve been using Brain Candy pretty much non stop since it came out. Either alternating days or missing out one day out of three. It is the best thing I have ever encountered in my life! Only slightly exaggerating there. Don’t really notice any negative effects if I’m honest and I have been looking out for them. If anything it makes me better at arguing and thus more likely to get into a “discussion” with my girlfriend.

Definitely good for dieting. Makes you not think about food and get on with your day.

I like Brain Candy, it provides a nice pick me up without the coffee hangover.

coffee hangover = if I drink coffee one day, I will feel extremely tired the next morning unless I have another cup of coffee.

It’s also a pretty good preworkout.

Is there any problem with mixing Brain Candy with alcohol?

I plan to take it before I head out to a festival where I will be consuming alcohol

I recently stared using Brain Candy again, and it’s actually made me mad. Mad that I ever stopped!

I did switch to the Caffeine-Free Brain Candy this time, and I just feel damn good all day. Which is nice because I was in a little funk, if you will.

Not going to stop for a while; I feel like a better me. I’d really like to say thanks for making this one, guys.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Is there any problem with mixing Brain Candy with alcohol?

I plan to take it before I head out to a festival where I will be consuming alcohol[/quote]

Whenever I drink alcohol, which is not very often but when I go out etc. I will always have had a Brain Candy that morning and usually have one the next morning to help with any lethargy or hangover symptoms. So I think it will be fine although I’m no authority.

My name is Raj too, by the way. Your posts always make me chuckle a little for that reason. Although I don’t know why you have two of them.

Did anyone here take Power Drive when it was available? I’ve been reading old Charles Poliquin articles circa 99-08 and he mentions power drive numerous times. It looks to me like brain candy is the next iteration of power drive. Can anyone comment on that?

Yep, Brain Candy is very much a 21st century step-up from Power Drive. Same general concept and similar ingredients bumped up several large degrees.

I would agree with Chris. I’ve always loved Power Drive, but the dial is turned up to 11 with Brain Candy.

My favorite uses for Power Drive are post-workout for CNS recovery, and before hockey games for focus. I wonder how Caffeine-Free Brain Candy would function in place of Power Drive in those scenarios? I’ve only ever used Brain Candy in the mornings, as directed, and the effects last a significant chunk of the day.