Biotest

Brain Candy and Other Caffeine

Is there a problem with having coffee on a day you drink a Brain Candy with caffeine? I didn’t sleep well last night so I was exhausted today and avoided coffee because I drank one.

If drinking Brain Candy without caffeine, should you limit outside caffeine intake due to any kind of reaction?

Based on a quick Google search I’m guessing the recommendation has to do with Brain Candy with caffeine having 300 mg anhydrous which “can cause caffeine overdose.”

Thanks

If having caffeine free BC, you should be able to afford 3 regular sized cups of coffee (~300mg of caffeine worth) and be okay. UNLESS you’re super sensitive to caffeine which I laid out here: adriancrowe.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/the-brain-candy-experiment-part-2/

If you’re normally fine with caffeine, there’s no problem having caffeine the same day you have
<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy-caffiene-free"target=“new”>Brain Candy Caffeine Free.

However, with regular <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy"target=“new”>Brain Candy, the label says not to take it with any other stimulant. Most Brain Candy users find they don’t need extra caffeine anyway. Just be sure to take any caffeine-containing product early in the day.

Chris, thanks. When you say we should take caffeine early in the day, are you referring to the regular brain candy? What is the concern with caffeine later in the day?

The last time I tried Brain Candy I had no issue with energy whatsoever. It just so happens that I recently moved and am having difficulty adjusting and sleeping through the night. Hopefully I’ll adjust soon. In the meantime coffee is a friend.

It sounds like caffeine free is the way to go for now. Does taking caffeine early in the day apply with the caffeine free version?

Thanks!

AllTraps, have you had better sleep and energy with the caffeine free? Is there a follow up review? Based on your last review it would seem that being able to control caffeine intake is ideal for you.

[quote]TKEmemphis wrote:
Chris, thanks. When you say we should take caffeine early in the day, are you referring to the regular brain candy? What is the concern with caffeine later in the day?

The last time I tried Brain Candy I had no issue with energy whatsoever. It just so happens that I recently moved and am having difficulty adjusting and sleeping through the night. Hopefully I’ll adjust soon. In the meantime coffee is a friend.

It sounds like caffeine free is the way to go for now. Does taking caffeine early in the day apply with the caffeine free version?

Thanks![/quote]

Because caffeine late in the day makes it hard to sleep well. Many suggest cutting off caffeine before 2 or 3PM if one goes to bed at 10 or 11.