Biotest

Brad's V-Diet Success Story

I’m not quite sure how this will begin or progress. I can tell you the outcome will be a success.

I finally got my package today so it’s time to get this thing going. I’m 20 years old 6’1 about 230. I played football all through school and have usually been in pretty good shape but here lately i havent been exercising or eating healthy like i did. It’s time to make a big change, and im dead set on getting it done. I’ve always had an ironwill when i was set on something but as of late my attitude has been “fuck it.”

Tomorrow morning at 7:00am all that is changing. I’ve also made the commitment to stop drinking and smoking during this program and smoking for good. I’ll be keeping this updated for, if nothing else, that extra little step to keep myself motivated for the long haul.

I’ll post some before pics tomorrow

I do have a question about NEPA walks. I work on cars at a dealership and im constantly walking around lifting tires and turning things with my hands in the air. If something were to come up and i couldn’t fit a walk in before bed would this type of work be suitable to classify as my NEPA for the day? Also i only ordered one of each supplment to get started. how many of each will i need to complete the program following it to a T?

[quote]birdman7888 wrote:

I do have a question about NEPA walks. I work on cars at a dealership and im constantly walking around lifting tires and turning things with my hands in the air. If something were to come up and i couldn’t fit a walk in before bed would this type of work be suitable to classify as my NEPA for the day? Also i only ordered one of each supplment to get started. how many of each will i need to complete the program following it to a T?[/quote]

1. It’s hard to overdo NEPA, but if your job is very physical and you happen to miss a NEPA walk it’s no big deal.

However, the “all or nothing approach” works best. Demand of yourself that you will do the walk every day. During the formulation of the V-Diet I sometimes did my walk at midnight in 20 degree weather around the neighborhood in a blowing wind. Why? Because it was the only time I had and I was NOT going to miss a day and get on the slippery slope of failure.

1. The V-Diet calculator on this page tells you everything you’ll need:

http://www.t-nation.com/programs/vdiet30/vDietProgram004.jsp

Just type in your info.

I can tell you right now though, if you just ordered one bottle of protein then you’re going to run out, maybe even before your next shipment arrives. That’s planning to fail, isn’t it?

well today wasn’t a total success but i did not cheat. Problem is, depending on the number of cars we have in the shop, my lunch schedule varies. I made the mistake of banking on an 11 or 12 lunch time which ended up being 3:30

So i had my first shake at 7:30 ish this morning as planned but couldnt get out of work untill 3 so my 2nd shake was at 3:30ish, not at all what i planned. so far its 6:00pm and i have had 3 shakes, no cigarettes, no alcohol, and no solid food or beverage other than my shakes and water. I guess it’ll be a late night because im not going to bed untill all 5 shakes are finished and i’ve taken my walk.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

I can tell you right now though, if you just ordered one bottle of protein then you’re going to run out, maybe even before your next shipment arrives. That’s planning to fail, isn’t it?

[/quote]

Not at all. I would say more of an excitement to get started that i ordered right away. I just couldnt stomach 650 dollars at the time, so i ordered one of each.

I see now where i messed up chris thanks for pointing that out. I didn’t realize the package at the bottom of the calculator (which i filled and printed) is directly related to the meals i need to be having (i.e. 12 met drives 2 bottles of Flameout etc.)

I’ll place a few orders of met drive at a time. Being 20 years old with bills coming up and a decent, but still hourly, job my bank account can’t handle huge chunks at a time. I’ll place an order for 3 more Met drives tonight and when i get down to one bottle order again. i use the overnight shipping so it’ll be here in plenty of time.

As promised the before pics. The great thing about these pictures are that in one months time this body will no longer exist!

side

back

A “crazy” diet AND ditching the cigs? You’re making a radical life change! If you pull this off, you’re going to be a new man in four weeks! Please keep us posted! And be sure to read “The Transformation of Bartl” in our archives. Very motivating.

Took your suggestion man and Bartl’s story is very very inspirational. I can relate alot to it as a matter of fact.

Update:
Second day went very smoothly minus a little confusion on the weight training that is now clarified thanks to chris. Brought two shakes with me to work in the morning and two on my lunch break so its 6:46 and im due for my last shake at 7:30ish right on schedule.

I haven’t had any food cravings to speak of, and man today was a test. In my time at work i had to cover the office due to a call in and I smelt everything from burritos to burger king. My manager offered me some onion rings and I turned em down without second guessing and grabbed my shake.

I was standing outside with my buddies 3 of which were smoking and offered me a cig, turned it down no questions asked and told them about my diet and that i quit smoking cigs pot and drinking. they dont get it, but im sure they will when they see an ab or two where this pot belly used to be in a month.

So smooth sailing so far

EXCEPT! i have been noticing that periodically throughout the day i feel like throwing up somewhat. its not over whelming its just more of a lump in my throat kinda like you would feel when you over eat except its the throat feeling and my stomach doesnt feel too full

anyone experienced anything similar??