Biotest

Bradley Cooper & Plazma?

According to an article he was drinking a substance named Plazma before & after workouts during his bulk for American Sniper. Just curious if anyone at Biotest could confirm. Cool if true.

Yeah you are right. Pretty cool if true.

Yes, it’s true. An article is going up on Friday with all the details, including Bradley Cooper’s actual training and supplement plan, called American Sniper Workout.

Nice

[quote]Tim Patterson wrote:
Yes, it’s true. An article is going up on Friday with all the details, including Bradley Cooper’s actual training and supplement plan, called American Sniper Workout.

[/quote]

Always a pleasure to see the man himself on the board, hope you are doing well Tim. This is exciting, and I’m looking forward to the Friday article.

As far as I know his trainer, John Walsh, has never been associated with Biotest/T-Nation. If you have the time and inclination, may I ask how these types of things occur? It seems like every now and then you guys are associated with something like this and it would interesting to get a peak behind the curtain. Or maybe its just something as simple as “our stuff works and people use it” … Which it probably is.

The article is up: http://www.t-nation.com/workouts/american-sniper-workout

[/quote]
Sure was a lot of upper body. Five days a week, twice a day, and legs were two days of Bulgarian split squats, trap bar pulls, and farmers walk? Seems like a Holywood WO for sure.

Been to the cinema to watch the film tonight but despite the ending I found it strangely uplifting. I guess that’s what you’d call the Plazma effect

[quote]RJK wrote:

[/quote]
Sure was a lot of upper body. Five days a week, twice a day, and legs were two days of Bulgarian split squats, trap bar pulls, and farmers walk? Seems like a Holywood WO for sure.
[/quote]

Definitely a big upper body focus which makes perfect sense. But still, BS Squats and trap bar pulls twice a week can build some serious legs.

The role of a trainer/coach is to bring the results that the individual needs and do so within a certain time frame. For example a powerlifter doesn’t need to do clean & jerks since he wont compete in them and training on them would take away from training the other lifts since it would consume time and recovery capacities.

An actor doesn’t train to be well rounded. He trains to achieve a certain look. And when you have limited time you have to focus on what will give you the most visual bang for your buck. So it is perfectly fine to focus on the muscles that will give the illusion of what you want.

But still Cooper did A LOT more lower body work that what most actors do to prepare for a film.

I’m actually going to try this supplement and workout regime in its entirety. Can you give me any insight into the nutritional plan Bradley did? I’m going to do progression pictures to keep track. I have ordered everything listed in the supplement plan listed and should be received on Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
-Mark

I think the workout was mentioned in the article that Chris provided a link to above.

[quote]germanicus wrote:
I think the workout was mentioned in the article that Chris provided a link to above.[/quote]

The entire plan is in the article.

[quote]CarbonFiber wrote:
I’m actually going to try this supplement and workout regime in its entirety. Can you give me any insight into the nutritional plan Bradley did? I’m going to do progression pictures to keep track. I have ordered everything listed in the supplement plan listed and should be received on Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
-Mark[/quote]

We focused the article things we had a direct hand in, the supplements and the training (Ben Bruno’s program), so we didn’t get much info on the diet itself. Cooper has said he ate over 5000 calories per day, keeping it pretty clean as I recall, but those calories included the ones in the Biotest Supplements – Plazma, Finibar, Mag-10.

Ok thank you for the update.

I read the book, American Sniper by Chris Kyle. Fantastic book about this Texas native and explained a lot about his mind set and the feelings he had as he became a Navy Seal sniper. Highly recommend reading it because the movie only tells so much because of time restrictions.

American Sniper is an amazing film. Super cool that Biotest played a role in Bradley Cooper’s physique change into Chris Kyle, and even better that the workout and supplement protocol was detailed in Chris Shugart’s article.

In regards to what some perceive as a lack of lower body emphasis, I recall talking to Tim a while back when this project was still under wraps. Tim said Bradley split out a pair of fatigues on the set because he’d gained so much muscle mass. Apparently his legs did grow despite as Christian appropriately put it, “a focus on what will give you the most visual bang for your buck [upper body]”.

This is what I love about Biotest. They don’t rack their brain looking for ways to deceptively market mediocre products. Biotest simply puts people on them and lets the results speak for themselves.