Biotest

Blueberry Breakfast Crepes (Gluten Free)

Here is a breakfast favorite of mine that is quite fabulous for breakfast crepes:
2 omega 3 eggs
1 tsp of Stevia
2 Tablespoons of butter or coconut oil, also grease the pan with either butter or non-stick cooking spray
a pinch of salt (about 1/4 tsp)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut milk or almond milk
2 Tablespoons coconut or garbanzo/fava bean flour

Filling:
1/2 cup of unsweetened, nonfat Greek yogurt
1/8 cup of walnuts or pecans
1 TBSP of coco powder of add chocolate Metabolic Drive to your liking, if higher protein content is desired
Cinnamon to taste

Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter first, then you can whisk the melted butter, eggs, Stevia, vanilla, salt and coconut milk together. Add in the coconut flour and mix well.

Grease a frying pan and set your heat to medium high. Cook each side for app. 2-2.5 minutes until the bottom is light brown. Use a spatula to flip in one quick motion. O
After flipping

In a separate pan, let the blueberry sauce cook. I use the following:
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 teaspoon of coconut or garbanzo bean/fava flour

Heat the blueberries in a saucepan ver medium heat. After about 5 minutes they will soften and release their natural juices. Once the blueberries are all soft, add in the flour and a hint of water, if needed. You can pour the blueberry sauce over the top of the crepes.

I usually serve this with a side of venison/pork sausage or meat of your choice.

THAT looks amazing. Thanks!

Wow - gonna give these a shot. Thanks.

And this is gluten free?! Wow! Can’t wait to try these out this weekend. (Damn, I’m hungry now)

Yes, if made with coconut flour or garbanzo bean flour, it is indeed gluten free. If you are not trying to limit gluten, then I am sure the recipe can be modified by substituting with a whole wheat flour of your choice. Given that you only need a few tablespoons, you are not exactly consuming a high carb meal, even with a regular flour.