Biotest

Blood Sugar Drop 45 Min. After PWO Mag-10?

I started using a new workout supplement strategy:

Serving MAG-10 + Finibar approx. 45 min before training

Post workout I have one serving MAG-10, then about 45 min after I’ve been experiencing a low blood sugar feeling. I am usually ready to eat my post workout meal by then, by just wondering if I am doing something wrong??? Or is there a better approach?

Of course there is a better approach. You are hardly consuming any calories around your workout, which doesn’t make much sense. And of course you are experiencing “low blood sugar” after your workout; you’re depleted and all your are consuming is a serving of MAG-10. So yes, you should feel this way, and you should eat a meal, ASAP if this is the scenario.

[quote]eddiealfano wrote:
Of course there is a better approach. You are hardly consuming any calories around your workout, which doesn’t make much sense. And of course you are experiencing “low blood sugar” after your workout; you’re depleted and all your are consuming is a serving of MAG-10. So yes, you should feel this way, and you should eat a meal, ASAP if this is the scenario. [/quote]

Never felt like that even when on a lower calorie plan when consuming even less.

[quote]ebbz4life wrote:

Post workout I have one serving MAG-10[/quote]
So you have nothing actually during training? Just 45 minutes pre and then post? That’s the problem. Like Eddie said, you’re simply not fueling the workouts enough.

Plazma or Surge Workout Fuel would be best during training, but even Mag-10 while you lift would be better than nothing. That’s the simple solution.

It’s not about daily calories, it’s about efficient nutrient timing. The point of the pre-workout nutrition is, in part, to get the insulin signal going, and the Mag-10 and Finibar beforehand are doing their job at getting insulin moving and getting the nutrients started.

But then you’re dropping the ball by burning through all that and letting insulin spike and dip for however long your training is, so the post-WO Mag-10 is stuck playing catch up and your system’s all out of whack afterwards, leaving you feeling the way you do.

A drink while you train will maintain the insulin levels and keep it steady, instead of letting the peaks and valleys roll through making you feeling trashed.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]ebbz4life wrote:

Post workout I have one serving MAG-10[/quote]
So you have nothing actually during training? Just 45 minutes pre and then post? That’s the problem. Like Eddie said, you’re simply not fueling the workouts enough.

Plazma or Surge Workout Fuel would be best during training, but even MAG-10 while you lift would be better than nothing. That’s the simple solution.

It’s not about daily calories, it’s about efficient nutrient timing. The point of the pre-workout nutrition is, in part, to get the insulin signal going, and the MAG-10 and Finibar beforehand are doing their job at getting insulin moving and getting the nutrients started.

But then you’re dropping the ball by burning through all that and letting insulin spike and dip for however long your training is, so the post-WO MAG-10 is stuck playing catch up and your system’s all out of whack afterwards, leaving you feeling the way you do.

A drink while you train will maintain the insulin levels and keep it steady, instead of letting the peaks and valleys roll through making you feeling trashed.[/quote]

I forgot to include that I’m doing IntraMD during workout…sorry thought I mentioned in original post.

[quote]ebbz4life wrote:
I forgot to include that I’m doing IntraMD during workout…sorry thought I mentioned in original post.[/quote]
That’s a pretty big thing to leave out, and kinda makes my post pointless, okay then. I’m not totally familiar with that, but I’ve read a bit about it.

Presuming your training is the usual hour or so, I’d say then the first step is to move the PWO meal up in time and have it before you’ve been noticing that crash, like 20-30 minutes after training instead of 45. You may also need to play around with the dosing on that, and depending on the training intensity/volume and your size/general system, you might require more scoops than is suggested.

You could also try pushing the PWO Mag-10 back a little bit instead of having it immediately after training. Since you do have some kind of workout shake while you train, you’re technically covered and that second Mag-10 can still work great as a recovery booster after the workout.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]ebbz4life wrote:
I forgot to include that I’m doing IntraMD during workout…sorry thought I mentioned in original post.[/quote]
That’s a pretty big thing to leave out, and kinda makes my post pointless, okay then. I’m not totally familiar with that, but I’ve read a bit about it.

Presuming your training is the usual hour or so, I’d say then the first step is to move the PWO meal up in time and have it before you’ve been noticing that crash, like 20-30 minutes after training instead of 45. You may also need to play around with the dosing on that, and depending on the training intensity/volume and your size/general system, you might require more scoops than is suggested.

You could also try pushing the PWO MAG-10 back a little bit instead of having it immediately after training. Since you do have some kind of workout shake while you train, you’re technically covered and that second MAG-10 can still work great as a recovery booster after the workout.[/quote]

I’m currently doing a Meadows style workout, so bodybuilding split usually lasting 75-90min. Weighing approx 190 lbs.

Today, I had my MAG-10 immediately PWO and then ate meal 30min after and no ill effects. So, I’ll try to keep the timing the same going forward. Thanks for the tips!