Biotest

Blog: The Hammer

[center] Blog: The Hammer [/center]
For those new to Testosterone or the Velocity Diet:

Be sure to check out my blog <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/category.jsp?categoryID=37&pageNo=1&s=readTopic"target=“new”>HERE for additional thoughts and writings on the V-Diet, the psychology of body transformation, and other topics that should be helpful to those who visit this section of the forum.

Just a heads up for our new members and V-Dieters!

I love the way you don’t pull any punches in your blog. My favorite latest quote:

"I mean, shit, if you have a belly and need to lose 20 pounds AND you’ve been training over 6 or 7 years, then why do you still have a belly? Something is out of whack.

The short answer is that while you’re an animal in the gym, you’re a pussy in the kitchen. In other words, you’ll train hard, but you’re a sissy when it comes to diet and nutrition: strong in the squat rack, a weakling at the dinner table."

Some of my favourites in recent times.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2156143

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2069010

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1945114

LR

Hey Chris, love you’re articles bro. i had a question…im currently at 245 and 6’2 i want to drop down to 205-215. i want to start the V-Diet, but i noted that there is no cardio work in it. i both lift and box and was wondering if i needed to modify the diet because of my boxing training…i lift 3 times a week and do my boxing, maui thai and mma training 3 times as well…i would really appreciate if could help me out

[quote]SCLACHRIS wrote:
Hey Chris, love you’re articles bro. i had a question…im currently at 245 and 6’2 i want to drop down to 205-215. i want to start the V-Diet, but i noted that there is no cardio work in it. i both lift and box and was wondering if i needed to modify the diet because of my boxing training…i lift 3 times a week and do my boxing, maui thai and mma training 3 times as well…i would really appreciate if could help me out[/quote]

This has been asked and answered so many times. If you read through the info on the diet you will find your answer. But just to help you out, if you want to do the V-Diet, drop the other stuff for a month.

thank you

Yes, allenkt pretty much nailed it. When you do the V-Diet, you’re DOING the V-Diet: dedicated, single-minded focus on fat loss and behavioral / taste changes.

The idea is that if it’s done correctly, the short 4-6 weeks (V-Diet plus Transition phase) can change the rest of your life. Then you can re-focus on other goals now that the fat is gone and the psychological changes are instilled.

Plus, other types of training would not only hinder the goal of the diet, they’d be half-ass anyway given the strictness of the V-Diet. It’s the old “chase two rabbits and both will escape” thing.

All that said, a loss of excess body fat can greatly improve athletic performance in the long run. But you’ll doubtfully perform optimally with your sports training DURING the diet itself.

(Then again, some people excel on the V-Diet and even set new PR’s. Crazy, but true.)

where do I find a sample diet food/quantities for a short term limited carb to high carb program?

your online info and articles are great

I’m sorry if this out of sync with the V-Diet forum

I’ll go check out the V-Diet, bet I do it

thanks

Chris sorry to ask

can I have a link to the V-Diet information and concept, love to read it
thks

[quote]carygott wrote:
Chris sorry to ask

thks[/quote]

Wow.

I’m not usually an asshole.

But fuck. Wow. There’s a sticky on this.

Chris,

I’ve just gotten serious with my training. I’ve been training steadily since high school, but never got the diet in check.
Figured I’d “outlift” all the booze and pizza.

I have recently moved out of state for a job and look at it as a fresh start.

As far as food goes I’ve gotten organized and I’m really finding a groove.

My problem lies in supplementation. Specifically a post-workout shake. I know Surge is recommended and I’m sure it’s a tremendous product.

But I have a nut allergy and Surge along with Metabolic Drive has hazelnut, tree nuts listed on the ingredients.

Is there another shake out there that I could substitute?

Thanks in advance.

[quote]carygott wrote:
Chris sorry to ask

thks[/quote]

http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2125931

Chris, Have a quick question for you…I have just over 4 weeks left to build some decent muscle before I go home. Any tips or advise?

[quote]Lapt22 wrote:
Chris, Have a quick question for you…I have just over 4 weeks left to build some decent muscle before I go home. Any tips or advise?
[/quote]

General questions beget general answers. So my advice is to lift weights and eat lots of protein. [smiley face and such]

Another general tip: Switch to a radically different training program.

Chris,

I have a few days left of the 2nd transition week and I would like to continue with a fat loss plan to get my bf into the single digits. I followed Gus’ thread pretty close and was wonder if I should follow the same routine and diet that Gus was on after the PC?

Is Gus’s NLT and diet a blue print for those wanting to get into the single digit BF or is the training to intense and the diet too extreme for someone who won’t be using the supplements such as Workout Fuel that Gus was using? If Gus’s training and diet are not to be followed do you have any advise on the best direction to go for those wanting to continue losing fat once the V-diet is completed?

Thanks for your time.

[quote]mse2us wrote:
Chris,

I have a few days left of the 2nd transition week and I would like to continue with a fat loss plan to get my bf into the single digits. I followed Gus’ thread pretty close and was wonder if I should follow the same routine and diet that Gus was on after the PC? Is Gus’s NLT and diet a blue print for those wanting to get into the single digit BF or is the training to intense and the diet too extreme for someone who won’t be using the supplements such as Workout Fuel that Gus was using? If Gus’s training and diet are not to be followed do you have any advise on the best direction to go for those wanting to continue losing fat once the V-diet is completed?

Thanks for your time.[/quote]

I like Coach Thibaudeau’s plan for Gus mainly because it’s quite different that the regular V-diet training. I like change:

So if you followed the V-Diet workouts closely, then Gus’s post-V-Diet plan is a good one to use.