Biotest

Blazin's V-Diet Log

I have thought about doing the V-Diet many a time, and I have concluded that I will proceed with the plan starting Monday July 14th, 2008.

I am on a strict training/diet routine since January of this year and have already lost ~35lbs.

My current calculations put me at 235lbs (I’m 3lbs shy of this and will be at least this weight by July 14th)

So this results in:

1970 cals for Lifting days
1640 cals for Rest days

I see my meal schedule as:

Lifting -

630a 2 Scoop shake + 2 HRX + 1 Fiber Choice
10a 2 Scoop shake w/ flax
2p 2 scoop shake + 2 HRX + 3 Flameout
4p Surge
6p 2 scoop shake w/ flax
9p 2 scoop shake w/ pb + 3 Flameout + 1 Fiber Choice

1896 Cals

Rest -

630a 2 Scoop shake + 2 HRX + 1 Fiber Choice
10a 2 Scoop shake w/ flax
2p 2 scoop shake + 2 HRX + 3 Flameout
5p 2 scoop shake w/ flax
9p 2 scoop shake w/ pb + 3 Flameout + 1 Fiber Choice

1576 Cals

Order:

13 Drive
2 Surge
2 HRX
2 Flameout
Milled Flax
Fiber Choice Tablets

This is just a shell for my log… and I honestly feel that come July 1st or so when I place my order… I will have to recalculate these numbers as I may be at a much lower weight than 235.

Wish me luck, and check back as I get closer to V-Day.

Bought some stuff today

2 Flameout
1 PB
1 Fiber Choice

Need to source milled flax

and the rest I’ll be ordering on the 1st

:slight_smile:

Bought Flax Seeds today

I may order some Rhodiola rosea… see if I get better or more than typical results…

Looks good, I’ll be starting the transition phase right as you start :slight_smile: And at only 20 bucks might as well throw in the Rhodiola and see how it works for you. Chris mentioned that it should be good for the V-Diet and was interested in seeing how people did on it. I ordered some and should get it tomorrow or Thursday.

All my stuff should be here tomorrow, I’m not starting til the 14th still, but I’m prepared and ready to start getting lean!

I really wish I could BF test accurately… I feel like my BF has decreased significantly in my months of training.

I hit a road block a week or two ago… I found out that my scale is down 6-8 lbs… I guess as long as I had being weighing-in on the same scale it doesn’t make a difference, but there were points where I ‘lost’ a huge amount of weight over night… perhaps that was just my scale’s error appearing.

Bleh

/Rant

Oh Look what came in today:

[photo]15205[/photo]

Hey, Blazin, is that natural peanut butter? Ingredients should say “peanuts, salt” and that’s it.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Hey, Blazin, is that natural peanut butter? Ingredients should say “peanuts, salt” and that’s it.

[/quote]

Actually no, haha, it was just a place holder for the moment, gotta grab the stuff from the store before I start up… good catch :slight_smile:

Photos and Measurements for tomorrow’s start, will weigh in tomorrow and update:

[photo]15579[/photo][photo]15580[/photo][photo]15581[/photo]

• Around the largest part of your belly/love-handle area
    41"

• Upper leg (thigh)
    26.5"

• Lower leg (calf)
    17.25"

• Chest: Across nipple line
    44"

• Between belly button and nipple line (upper abs area)
    40"

• Shoulders
    47.5"

• Upper arm
    14.5"

• Neck
    17"

Kick some ass and don’t give it.

Weigh-in:
Height:
6’3"

Good luck with your V-Diet!
I am looking forward to following your log :slight_smile:

Good luck mate. I’m doing something as similar as possible to the V-Diet, only I can’t get Biotest products shipped over reliably to where i am (customs here are a bunch of tools!).

It’ll be in my blog as soon as the damn thing starts working again :slight_smile:

7/14/08 Day 1 Intermediate Program

7 Rounds
Pullups
3 @ BW-55

Deadlifts
4 x 3 @ 295
3 x 3 @ 135 **

Dips
3 @ BW-55

Side Planks
45s each side

NEPA Walking
about 2 mi today

** So I was doing deadlifts… and well I just did my 1RM last week at 315, and did another set of 5x5(circuit) at 275… ok so thats fine… until a trainer comes up and tells me she can’t watch me do them anymore because I’ve got terrible form, she proceeds to tell me to use 135 and to squat down and just stand up… duh… thats what I’ve been doing… No difference just 295 requires more work than 135, considering I can shoulder press 135 and nearly curl it I think she needs to stfu… I see the trainers always giving their trainees nothing for weight to do these exercises…
I’m talking I saw one 30ish year old guy doing the leg press with 25s on each side… thats what a grand total of 95? stupid pussy trainers.

Question for V-Dieters:
I know cardio is a big no no, but how difficult is the workout supposed to be? I have been doing crossfit and my program before that was 4x/wk upper/lower body split… and I left the gym every day panting like crazy and pouring sweat… today… I barely broke a sweat and I could probably stay for another workout…

Whats the deal?

[quote]Blazin wrote:

Question for V-Dieters:
I know cardio is a big no no, but how difficult is the workout supposed to be? I have been doing crossfit and my program before that was 4x/wk upper/lower body split… and I left the gym every day panting like crazy and pouring sweat… today… I barely broke a sweat and I could probably stay for another workout…

Whats the deal?[/quote]

I don’t know how much you can use my answer, but here goes anyway :slight_smile:

I am not following the typical V-diet training plan… it is not because I believe it’s not good enough or anything - I can very well see where Waterbury is coming from and I think I know the reason why his program is designed the way it is and it makes good sense.

I am at the moment writing my pre graduate about training intensity and endocrinology; how different programs affect your hormonal responses. So this is from where I get my inspiration and background to my programs.

I have added intense, interval cardio to my program, as well as heavy weight lifting. Mostly because I have been powerwalking every day for the last 9 years, for a distance of minimum 8 miles per day. By adding intense cardio (not for to long sessions, though), I push my metabolism in a more muscle sparing and fat burning direction - even when on a diet. Were I, on the other hand, to add more low intense training instead, I would not get this effect - at least not as significantly. Actually, I could risk getting a bit higher total cortisol level over the day.

It seems like the effect a certain training regimen has on you, depends on where you are coming from - your training history. Since I don’t know so much about you, I don’t want to give you that much of an advice - the important thing is that you have a success doing this :slight_smile: So far, I have had good results with my training program and most others in here have had great results on Waterbury’s program. :slight_smile: There can be many ways to skin a cat…

I totally understand what you are saying, and it is the exact way I feel.

I’ve been training what I’d say is high intensity… some interval stuff, heavy weights, crossfit… clothing drenching work that makes the average gym goer give you the ‘huh’ look.

I am worried that with this new lower intensity workout I will not see results as significant as my body will be thanking me for the break.

However; I’m not sure if my day 1 impression was a result of stored calories allowing easy execution, thereby making my rant a worthless one.

I am not going to deviate from the v-diet, and it’s training program I was just curious as to how intense the workouts should be… next monday will definitely be taken up a notch (lower weight on Assisted Machine) and I will not let some dumb trainer tell me that 135 is a good weight for a 240lb man to deadlift.

Day 2 of the V-Diet Thoughts:

I’m pretty good at forming habits, they say it takes 14 days, well I’d say it takes me 4. So in my mind I’ll be done verifying my shake and supplement schedule thursday, and will be well on my -weigh- (haha) to a lean body.

Shakes:

Well its official Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, chocolate, is 5x sweeter than my old VitaminWorld brand chocolate protein. I almost feel like I’m drinking candy all day… kind of stomach turning. I chewed a fiber choice “green” maybe lime flavor? this morning after a few sips of shake and washed down with some, wow bad flavor combo.

I smelt flax seeds for my first time and thought it was a bit sour or bitter smelling, mixed it in with my shake and feared the worst… wow the addition of flax + more water (for flax added) made the shake taste normal… although the texture was less than stellar… little clumps of flax flowing down my throat kind of grossed me out, almost like drinking watery oatmeal…

Natural peanut butter, and I thought peanut butter made your mouth dry and sticky… forget it natural peanut butter is like glue, but tastes great… must be the lack of hydrogenated oil --hah

Overall, the shakes are not too bad… just a bit sweet for my taste… Not a huge issue as I pound all of my shakes anyway as I’m a very fast drinker… were talking I down a 1L nalgene in 20s or less :wink:

Sleep:
Oh yea this side effect is super. I couldn’t get to sleep last night til sometime around 12 or 1?

I wake up at 530-6 and generally pass out by 10 or 11 at the latest… so this was a bit off for me… hopefully in a few days I re-adjust to the HOT-ROX and sleep without problems

Gas:
Wow so I’m a guy I fart often, but generally its almost like I’m just relieving pressure, no pungent odor just air… not anymore… it smells like something crawled up my ass and died, after eating a trash barge, that was harvested out of a dead rhino’s sun-baked carcass… thank god the pregnant girl next to me is taking maternity leave today, otherwise she may fall victim to my rectal holocaust.

Shit man I’m slacking! I just saw your V-Diet log, for some reason I thought you weren’t starting it for a few days. Anyway, now that you’re on the super diet I’d better pick it up a knotch!

Keep it up!!

Day 3

So I decided to mosey on over to my bathroom this morning and weigh myself. Why, you might ask? Just something I’ve been in the habit of doing…

232.46.6lbs in 2 days.

haha, i do the same thing. i realize we’re only supposed to do it 1x a week, but i get motivation from seeing the numbers drop!