Biotest

Bjohnson04's V-Diet Log

I started on Monday, Dec 31st 2012. I took a 1 mile walk (it would have been longer but it’s cold outside) and then rode on the exercise bike inside. I did the beginners workout but because I don’t have big enough dumbbells I did barbell back squats and barbell bench presses. I used 100lbs + bar for squats and bench presses and 50lbs +bar for the rows. The rows were probably too light. I didn’t time the planks but I’ll do that next time.

I didn’t ever feel hungry except after the workout. I did notice my habit of being bored or wanting to procrastinate and then wanting to snack. I didn’t come close to caving.

Side. I didn’t know my gut was this bad, but I know now.

I also didn’t know that my back hair was in a formation.

Best of luck! Will be good to be going thru this together and relatively similar body weights!

[quote]barrs1985 wrote:
Best of luck! Will be good to be going thru this together and relatively similar body weights!

[/quote]
Thanks, I’m excited for the results not just in body composition but in increased willpower.

I’m still sore in the chest from Monday’s bench presses. Today was a light training day so I had to do 50 reps per exercise. I used 70 + bar on the romanian deadlifts and then 50 plus bar on the overhead presses. I didn’t have a way to do lat pulldowns so I did a few pullups. This Friday I will have a YMCA membership and from now on will be doing the exercises there. I also did 50 reps of romanian deadlifts at 50 lbs and then the side planks.

I am having black tea right now and have two more shakes to consume today. I can’t take HOT-ROX because of a medication I’m taking, but I have been putting coffee in a few of my shakes. Hopefully that ups the energy.

Yesterday was a hard day. I didn’t get enough sleep the night before and then I was hungry during the day. I do so much better when I get enough sleep.

I walked 4 miles of nepa yesterday and I’m excited to go to the YMCA for my workout today. It will include lat pulldowns so I can use the machine instead of lamely trying at pullups.

I’ve been drinking mint tea when I feel like it. It’s naturally decaffeinated so it won’t cause me to miss sleep.

I worked out at the YMCA yesterday. I did sumo style deadlifts with 90lbs+bar which was pretty hard, lat pulldowns with 70lbs which was pretty easy, and incline bench press with 70lbs+bar which was pretty hard. The planks were untimed again since I forgot my stopwatch. I did a warmup of 15 minutes on an exercise bike and then after lifting I swam in the pool some.

Today I’m really looking forward to the HSM of a salad with bell peppers, onions, and chopped apples as well as beef burgers with shitake mushroom powder and 1-2 clementines for desert.

I’m also looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. Last Sunday I weighed 225lbs and I think I have lost a bunch from the way my pants feel on me.

I weighed 218 this morning. I’m quite pleased and wonder what the next week will be like. I was on dairy and wheat and there was eating around the holidays so I’m sure getting rid of that caused a pretty big drop in weight.

I switched protein powders to strawberry and am liking it more. I was really getting sick of chocolate.

[quote]bjohnson04 wrote:
I weighed 218 this morning. I’m quite pleased and wonder what the next week will be like. I was on dairy and wheat and there was eating around the holidays so I’m sure getting rid of that caused a pretty big drop in weight.

I switched protein powders to strawberry and am liking it more. I was really getting sick of chocolate.[/quote]

Great start im looking forward to the scales tomorrow! I usually have chocolate in evenings and strawberry throughout the day! Vanilla on the way, might even get a banana also as i usually hate it but i reckon it might be nice for a change!!!

Keep up the good work!!

[quote]barrs1985 wrote:
Keep up the good work!! [/quote]
Thanks!

A good workout today at the YMCA. 90lbs+bar for squats and bench press and 50lbs+bar for bent row. I did 15 minutes of cycling before lifting and shot some baskets after.

The workout at the Y consisted of lat pulldowns using 85lbs, overhead presses with 30lb dumbells, and romanian deadlifts with 70lbs + bar. Beforehand I did 20min of cycling and then after I shot free throws and for every miss I ran the width of the court.

I’m feeling good about the diet. I think about food–I even dreamed about food last night–but I know that I need to stick to this diet.

I’m a little disappointed with my weigh-in today: 216.5lbs; Only down 1.5lbs.

I had a good HSM yesterday of fritatta with smoked turkey, greens, onion, and bell pepper. My salad had grape tomatoes, and black berries on it.

At the Y on Friday I exhausted myself. The sumo style deadlifts were at 90+bar, the lat pulldowns were 90lbs, and the incline bench presses were at 70lbs + bar.

All you can do it keep disciplined and stick to the diet, im sure you will be losing alot of inches still! My first one, week 3 was when it started falling off! I had a sneak peak at the scales today and im very similiar weight loss this week i reckon although officially weight in on tuesday morning!

Also your HSM can also add some additional weight the day after but you might be down a bit more tomorrow!

Halfway there!!!

I had a seminar that was out of town this week and I was weak. I missed a workout and I ate some snacks. I’ve put it behind me and am ready for the last week of full vdiet.

I weighed in at 215.5lbs today down from last week.

[quote]bjohnson04 wrote:
I had a seminar that was out of town this week and I was weak. I missed a workout and I ate some snacks. I’ve put it behind me and am ready for the last week of full vdiet.

I weighed in at 215.5lbs today down from last week.[/quote]

Well done mate, its not about how you start but how you finish! Finish strong!!! A few snacks is better than completely giving in an f@cking the diet away completely! Still good progress and metabolism is going in right direction!