Biotest

Biotest Version of NO Products?

Hello all, what is Biotest version of like and NO Explode or NO Shotgun? Im really liking the pumps I get from those products but i would like to get away form those products and move over to Biotest products. Im gonna give the Alpha Male a shot and to stack with a NO type product or something that gives those crazy pumps. So if the NO products are crap let me know so Im not wasting money. Id like to only support this site in terms of supplements to pay them back for the great advice they give…

Any recommendations or perhaps whats your favorite Biotest stacks and why?

A lot of people get crazy pumps from Micro-PA and Plazma.

N.O. products are garbage.

Edit:

I;ve tried a lot of them.

N.O. Xplode, Shotgun, Armageddon, etc… All garbage.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Edit:

N.O. Xplode, Shotgun, Armageddon, etc… All garbage. [/quote]

Agreed with everything above (and I’ve tried many of them too).

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Edit:

good to know. Ill look into those products. What in terms of a pre-workout?

Most NO products use L-Arginine to create their effect. Unfortunately that is actually counterproductive, here is a nice study for you:

Oral L-arginine before resistance exercise blunts growth hormone in strength trained males.

“L-arginine ingested before resistance exercise significantly elevated plasma L-arginine concentration but attenuated plasma GH in strength trained individuals”

Here’s another one:

Growth hormone, arginine and exercise.

“Most studies using oral arginine have shown that arginine alone increases the resting growth hormone levels at least 100%, while exercise can increase growth hormone levels by 300-500%. The combination of oral arginine plus exercise attenuates the growth hormone response, however, and only increases growth hormone levels by around 200% compared to resting levels.”

So if you’re going to take it at all, don’t take it on workout days. Unfortunately even that has problems:

The chronic oral administration of arginine aspartate decreases secretion of IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 in healthy volunteers.

“In healthy volunteers, a chronic oral treatment with 30 g/day arginine aspartate is followed by a decrease in IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 secretions.”

So if you use it, then acute, sporadic dosing only on non-workout days. It has some other side effects that make even that probably not worth it, but I’ll leave that research to you.

[quote]Plato685 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Edit:

good to know. Ill look into those products. What in terms of a pre-workout?
[/quote]

The Micro-PA and Plazma are pre-workout. Plazma is also during. If you’re looking for a buzz you could drink a Spike Shooter or take the caffeine pill.

I always found it idiotic to sell a supplement with the sole purpose of giving you a pump:

1. If you are doing “bodybuilding” training and aren’t able to get a great pump, you don’t know how to train

2. If you train for performance having an excessive pump can actually inhibit performance

3. Even if you are doing bodybuilding work, getting a great pump feels good but it can hurt your training since it can limit the amount of work you can do.

PLAZMA gives me a great pump but that’s because it loads up the muscles with nutrients. A NO product only gives you a swollen feeling without the benefit of increased nutrients transport. Except making you feel good about yourself, they do nothing really.