Biotest

Biotest Supps

As i look around on here more and more i see tons of guys on the Biotest stuff making great progress, and it seems that it also helps a lot with body composition which i’m still struggling with currently.

So my question is, what are you guys that are on a more limited budget doing for supps? Would one serving of Plazma pre-workout and one serving of MAG-10 post be effective even though they recommend additional servings?

I guess more importantly, would it even be worth taking these with my current regimen - i’m running 5/3/1 4 days a week with CF workouts as my conditioning element 2-3x a week, so my workouts aren’t really high volume BB style workouts or a bunch of accessories. I just want to make sure i’m getting all i can out of the work i’m putting in.

Thanks

Yes, that’s a very popular and effective “budget” plan: one servings of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma taken pre-workout (the most important serving if only using one), then a pulse of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 post training (right after training in this case, no need to wait.) This is, oh, about 100 times better than the usual “whey protein shake and some carbs after workout” method many use.

As for your training plan, do the above on weight training days and use only the Mag-10 on conditioning-only type of workouts. If those workouts are fasted, take the Mag-10 first (for the post-absorptive effect). If not, then during and after is great.

Awesome, thanks for the reply Chris. Sorry i put this in the wrong place originally, thanks for moving it.

Thanks to all the great reviews ive ordered my first tub of Plazma and cant wait to try it. So far i have 2 questions:

1 - If its unflavored and needs the flavoring liquid then why did it ask to select a flavor when i ordered?

2 - If im working on a budget, would it be best to take one serving before workout, or drink half of it pre and the other half intra workout?

Thanks for all the help, hopefully if things go well ill be able to try MAG-10 next time i order as well.

1. The flavour you selected is the flavouring liquid they will send you.

2. Preloading the Plazma is a must. I highly recommend the second serving for intra as well.

If you’re going to have only one serving per workout, then pre-load the whole thing.

Thanks dookie, i was confused if they would send a flavor liquid or if the powder itself was actually flavored. So ill definitely be loading the Plazma, and taking it intra as directed to see the full benefit before i make any decisions. If im going to try it, i need to not halfass it and get the full effect to see if it works for me.

Thanks again for the help, im kind of hoping it doesnt do anything for me so i wont go broke buying it every month. Also, do they still send you a nalgene bottle with your first order? I thought i read on here somewhere that they used to.

[quote]GetitUp wrote:
Thanks dookie, i was confused if they would send a flavor liquid or if the powder itself was actually flavored. So ill definitely be loading the Plazma, and taking it intra as directed to see the full benefit before i make any decisions. If im going to try it, i need to not halfass it and get the full effect to see if it works for me.

Thanks again for the help, im kind of hoping it doesnt do anything for me so i wont go broke buying it every month. Also, do they still send you a nalgene bottle with your first order? I thought i read on here somewhere that they used to.[/quote]

They sent me an entire set of their bottles and a giant funnel :stuck_out_tongue: Then again, I made a pretty large order that first time…

If there’s one supplement that is a staple, it’s going to be Plazma. Don’t need a preworkout product or anything else TBH. If you need a bit of an energy kick, caffeine tablets works fine. Currently I’m trying out their Spike tablets. It’s ok, takes kind of long for it to kick in so I’m still experimenting with dosing and timing.

[quote]GetitUp wrote:

Thanks again for the help, im kind of hoping it doesnt do anything for me so i wont go broke buying it every month. Also, do they still send you a nalgene bottle with your first order? I thought i read on here somewhere that they used to.[/quote]
I just got my first bottle in yesterday. I only ordered one bottle of Plazma and it came with a 2000ml Nalgene. I called customer service to tell them how awesome Biotest was and they said it was simply complimentary with your first purchase of the stuff.

[quote]Colbstar wrote:

[quote]GetitUp wrote:

I just got my first bottle in yesterday. I only ordered one bottle of Plazma and it came with a 2000ml Nalgene. I called customer service to tell them how awesome Biotest was and they said it was simply complimentary with your first purchase of the stuff.[/quote]

I love how manly that 2 liter bottle isâ?¦ alas, Iâ??ve never actually used mineâ?¦ nor have I used the .5 liter bottle. The trusty 1 liter bottle is what Iâ??ve been sticking with, mainly because intra, I am only using 1 serving of Plazma, if I was using 2 servings or more, I would probably use that 2 liter bottle as that would probably be a super brutal, super long workout session :stuck_out_tongue: I of course also have my 1 serving preload, always.

Plazma came in yesterday, along with the big Nalgene bottle and funnel too. Looks like I’m all set, ready to put it to use on squats this week.

For those of us who have used alot of Plazma already, can we “buy” the funnel Biotest has been giving out to 1st time users? I’ve tried lots of funnels, but the Biotest ones are the best! I didn’t see it in the store. Would love to buy 2 more. : )

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
For those of us who have used alot of Plazma already, can we “buy” the funnel Biotest has been giving out to 1st time users? I’ve tried lots of funnels, but the Biotest ones are the best! I didn’t see it in the store. Would love to buy 2 more. : )[/quote]

Yeah,me as well buffed.

Drop a note to Biotest Customer Service: service@biotest.net.

Ok fellas had some issues this morning and need your help. I poured 500ml cold water into the 2000 jug, put 2 scoops Plazma in and shook it up. It made the whole other half of the bottle foam, like 8 inches of foam, and it never would go away like it’s supposed to. I put in the flavoring and added the other 500ml cold water and the foam didn’t go down at all. So I had to pour it over into another container so I wouldn’t look like a dumbass carrying around a bottle full of bubbles.

So what did I do wrong? It said cold water so I got it out of the fridge, could that be the issue? Anybody else have this problem?

[quote]GetitUp wrote:
Ok fellas had some issues this morning and need your help. I poured 500ml cold water into the 2000 jug, put 2 scoops Plazma in and shook it up. It made the whole other half of the bottle foam, like 8 inches of foam, and it never would go away like it’s supposed to. I put in the flavoring and added the other 500ml cold water and the foam didn’t go down at all. So I had to pour it over into another container so I wouldn’t look like a dumbass carrying around a bottle full of bubbles.

So what did I do wrong? It said cold water so I got it out of the fridge, could that be the issue? Anybody else have this problem? [/quote]

It’s goes down after a minute or so if you leave the cap off the bottle.

Foam is delicious. Stop worrying about other people who may be worried about the amount of bubbles in your bottle. :slight_smile:

[quote]kissdadookie wrote:
It’s goes down after a minute or so if you leave the cap off the bottle.[/quote]

I left the cap off for close to 5 minutes hoping they would disappear, but they didnt and i had to get to the gym so i couldnt wait anymore.

[quote]GetitUp wrote:

[quote]kissdadookie wrote:
It’s goes down after a minute or so if you leave the cap off the bottle.[/quote]

I left the cap off for close to 5 minutes hoping they would disappear, but they didnt and i had to get to the gym so i couldnt wait anymore.[/quote]

I also sip off the foam. Fill the bottle with more water. Sip off more foam. Fill with more water, until I basically get to the neck of the bottle. Has worked fine for me. I use the 1 liter bottle w/ 1 serving of Plazma intra.

I mix my Plazma in the morning and drink it on my lunch break or after work. There is no foam at that point.