I’ve been lifting in the past, but since last the last 18 mounths my training occurs mainly in my local box. Crossfit workouts and Olympic lifts. I’m going to step up my frequency of sessions per week and want some advice on recommended supplements to try from Biotest. Since I live in Europe it will mean high shipping, so “buy and try” wont do. It will be a bigger order of “everything I think I need”.
I am and have always been using supplements sparingly. But I’ve tried a few on occasions in the past. BCAA during workouts and ZMA before night time is what I use regularly. On rare occasions some kind of pre-workout with caffine and Kre-Alkalyn (Creatine) to “wake up” before workout after a long workday.
What am I looking for?
- Make my hours spent in the box as effective and have as good gains as possible (in a legal and healthy way)
- Shorten my recovery time (I ALWAYS have much muscle soreness the day after a tough workout. Some times for 48h or more)
- Gains in form of strength/performance
What am I not looking for?
- Gains in form of “pure volume”
- Weight gain and/or weight loss
- To complex variation of supplements and schedule
Additional note: I’m not a “vegetarian”, but I rarely eat chicken/fish (1-3 times a week), and very rarely red meat (occasionally on restaurants). Still make an effort to eat healthy “varied” in form of carbs/proteins/fat