Biotest

Biotest Supplement Timing and Lifting Twice a Day

I take Plazma, MAG-10, protein powder and Creatine but have recently begun lifting twice a day (HFT).

I lift for about 50 minutes from 12-1.
I lift again for about 50 minutes from 8:15-9:15pm.
I do this 4 days a week so I essentially lift 8 times a week (full body each time) and would like some advice on timing/dosage.

Each workout is short yet intense. Here’s what I do now:

7am: Breakfast
11:45am: 1.5 scoops Plazma. Chug half then sip the rest throughout workout.
1:30pm: Lunch
4pm: Protein shake
6pm: Dinner
8pm: 1.5 scoops Plazma. Chug half then sip the rest but I finish the entire thing within 20 minutes.
9:30pm: MAG-10 (2 scoops), I add creatine to this.
10pm: Protein shake.
11-12: Blessed sleep.

What do you think Chris (et al)? Would you change anything here?

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
I take Plazma, MAG-10, protein powder and Creatine but have recently begun lifting twice a day (HFT).

I do this 4 days a week so I essentially lift 8 times a week (full body each time) and would like some advice on timing/dosage.

8pm: 1.5 scoops Plazma. Chug half then sip the rest but I finish the entire thing within 20 minutes.

[/quote]

I’d go to bed closer to 10:15 :stuck_out_tongue:

It looks solid, is it working, are you getting the results you want?

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]RDeschain wrote:

[/quote]

I’d go to bed closer to 10:15 :stuck_out_tongue:

It looks solid, is it working, are you getting the results you want?[/quote]

Yeah, I know more sleep would be ideal but I need some time to decompress (watch sports, read news, miscellaneous stuff around the house)…just not enough hours in the day! haha

I’ve just finished the 12 week reactive pump program by meadows and think I’ve had great gains. I have one of those gym memberships where I can workout at any branch in the chain within the state (Workout World NJ)so for the last several months I’ve worked out almost exclusively at the gym by my office (in the afternoons only). Since I started training twice a day (I lift in the afternoon at the gym by my office and then in the evenings at the gym by my house) I started to see my old regulars at the gym by my house in the evenings. I haven’t seen these guys in about 4 months or so and while many of them look the same, when they see me they have ALL commented on my gains so I’m very happy with what Meadow’s reactive pump program has done for me. That said as I have JUST completed the 12 weeks I decided to try something new.

I’ve always been a HUGE fan of CW’s work and being a programmer (as defined by CT’s latest article) I did some research and found some old HFT articles. BUt now I’m just getting long winded…I started CW’s old HFT program this Monday and the doms is just sick (makes me wonder if I should increase Plazma dosage). But I feel awesome so far and I feel…tight/pumped a lot more throughout the day. I’ll be doing this for about 8 weeks and I foresee good results.

As an aside (though in reality it is far from an aside) my diet has been dialed in for the last 6 months as I track everything obsessively (including of course macros) so that’s got a LOT to do with my progress as well of course. Not to mention the Biotest supps which I simply can’t live without.

I would stick with what you’re doing right now, if in 2 weeks you’re still feeling really beat up try upping the plazma or throwing in an extra MAG-10 pulse before lunch

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
I would stick with what you’re doing right now, if in 2 weeks you’re still feeling really beat up try upping the plazma or throwing in an extra MAG-10 pulse before lunch[/quote]

I think that’s the way to go. See how/if my body adapts to the “two a days” and then increase Plazma and/or Mag10 intake as necessary in week 3.

Thing is…in week 2 I add a set to everything. And then in week 3, I repeat week 1 but increase all weights. Then in week 4 I add a set to everything again…then rinse repeat. LOL. I’m really looking forward to this progression! =D

Appreciate your input man.

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
8pm: 1.5 scoops Plazma. Chug half then sip the rest but I finish the entire thing within 20 minutes.[/quote]
Any reason for finishing it so early into the session? I’d try to pace it out a bit more so it lasts at least most of the way through the workout.

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
See how/if my body adapts to the “two a days” and then increase Plazma and/or Mag10 intake as necessary in week 3.[/quote]
Sounds like a plan, but you could also/or think about adding a Mag-10 pulse in the morning somewhere between breakfast and the pre-workout Plazma, say 9 or 10ish. A pulse or two on the non-training days should also boost recovery.

But of course, anytime you start a brand new method of training, nevermind something as brutal as high frequency total body workouts, there’s an “adjustment” period. Waterbury programs are easily among my personal favorite, so you’re in good hands. But you knew that already.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
8pm: 1.5 scoops Plazma. Chug half then sip the rest but I finish the entire thing within 20 minutes.[/quote]
Any reason for finishing it so early into the session? I’d try to pace it out a bit more so it lasts at least most of the way through the workout.

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
See how/if my body adapts to the “two a days” and then increase Plazma and/or Mag10 intake as necessary in week 3.[/quote]
Sounds like a plan, but you could also/or think about adding a MAG-10 pulse in the morning somewhere between breakfast and the pre-workout Plazma, say 9 or 10ish. A pulse or two on the non-training days should also boost recovery.

But of course, anytime you start a brand new method of training, nevermind something as brutal as high frequency total body workouts, there’s an “adjustment” period. Waterbury programs are easily among my personal favorite, so you’re in good hands. But you knew that already.[/quote]

Good catch…

The reason why I go through Plazma so quickly on my second session is because I want as close to a full hour as possible between final sip of Plazma and chugging of Mag10 postworkout. I read somewhere here that it’s ideal to have mag10 about an hour AFTER my last sip of plazma but maybe that’s a false memory? lol

Also, towards the tail end of my second workout of the day I’m only doing calf or ab work and I’m not sure I need the insulin release as much for those two body parts. I’m one of the lucky few with great calves and I don’t think I need plazma/insulin surge for ab work. BY then all the “hard” stuff is complete. What do you think Chris? Is my reasoning flawed?

I would love to take Mag10 on non-training days but to try and save a bit here and there I take BCAA’s on non-training days. And adding a pulse in the morning on training days seems like a great idea too! But again, I want to stretch it as much as possible which is why I settled for once after my final workout of the day. =(

Of course if recovery becomes an issue I will have no choice but to increase Plazma and/or Mag10 intake. Because the other route would be to decrease volume or remove workouts and that’s actually NOT an option in my book. I don’t care what happens…I’m getting through at least 8 weeks but really gunning for more.

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
I read somewhere here that it’s ideal to have Mag-10 about an hour AFTER my last sip of Plazma but maybe that’s a false memory?[/quote]
Nope, a post-workout pulse of Mag-10 has been suggested before. You’re right.

I’d say that makes sense. For easier/lighter workouts, even just Mag-10 (like instead of Plazma) could be fine. So if you’re doing the easier stuff at the end of the session, it sounds like you’re on point.

Cool beans. Sounds like you definitely have a solid handle on your approach overall. The right supps and the high frequency work should end up being a great combo. Let us know how it goes.

just a quick update in the off chance anyone is interested. I’m in the middle of Week 3 and so far it’s going great except for one thing…

Supplement dosages as described in the OP have proven to be sufficient. DOMS was an issue only in week one. I still have some general soreness pretty much everywhere (lol) and all the time but nothing debilitating. Week one my legs were bad as I jumped up to squatting four times a week (back, front, hack) but now everything is quite manageable.

Sleeping became a bit of an issue during week 2. I’d go to bed around 12 and woke up nearly every night between 1-3 am due to my body temp and sweating. And then I’d wake up again at 5am dying to pee. I adjusted fluid intake after 10pm and lowered the thermostat in week 3 and those issues are now gone.

I see highly noticeable changes in my chest, back, calves and delts (especially rear delts). Very little to no changes with biceps oddly enough. Slight changes to quads and hams, which is also a bit odd to me as I DL and Squat 4 times a week. Overall…very happy with the changes thus far.

The biggest negative…my elbows are getting more and more sore. I’ve been working through tennis elbow for the past several months and while everything is still manageable I can see this becoming an issue. Going to press forward for another 3 weeks (for total 6 week stint) before taking a recovery week as I will be going on vacation.

I gotta say, training twice a day, 4 days a week is tough and some days (like last night) I had to drag myself in there (but lack of sleep was the culprit yesterday). Problem is…the results are undeniable. So I’m going to see how long I can go before my elbows blow out. lol

Plazma and Mag-10 have been invaluable. Considering ZMA now…annd I should get back on the Flameout.

Remember that sleep is the #1 supplement. It’s more important than everything else up there that you’re taking. It’s when the body actually rebuilds that muscle you’ve been beating up.

You’re wasting your money on Plazma, etc. if you’re not getting good sleep.

Ideally, for hormonal reasons, you should get to bed by 10:00-ish, so your sleep cycles are aligned with nighttime, and you should aim for 7~9 hours of sleep per night. Chronically doing less is cheating your gains. Spending a bunch of money on other sups is secondary, and should come after you have the sleep dialed in.

When you get the rest working for you, all that other stuff will super-charge you.

[quote]Need4Speed wrote:
Remember that sleep is the #1 supplement. It’s more important than everything else up there that you’re taking. [/quote]

Hard to argue with that statement.

Week one I was sleeping about 5-6 hours a night.
Week two I had very broken sleep. Very poor broken sleep.
Week three I’m sleeping between 7-8 hours yet I’m feeling a little more run down this week of all weeks…possibly due to accumulation. During the summer I can wake up as late as 7:30 and I’ve been hitting the sack at 11:30pm.

[quote]Need4Speed wrote:You’re wasting your money on Plazma, etc. if you’re not getting good sleep.

Ideally, for hormonal reasons, you should get to bed by 10:00-ish, so your sleep cycles are aligned with nighttime, and you should aim for 7~9 hours of sleep per night. Chronically doing less is cheating your gains. Spending a bunch of money on other sups is secondary, and should come after you have the sleep dialed in.

When you get the rest working for you, all that other stuff will super-charge you.[/quote]

Probably semantics but I somewhat disagree that I’m wasting my money…but I think you’re right in that I’m not doing things as optimally or as efficiently.