Biotest

Biotest Products for Female Strength Athletes

Hi Chris

I have read lots of posts on this forum, but have some specific questions. I am a raw PL’er in a drug-tested fed and am thinking of trying out either Plazma or MAG-10, or both.

I looked at the labels and looks like neither of these will make me fail a drugs test!

I weight less than 135#, what would the dosing protocol be for Plazma and MAG-10? My plan would be to use Plazma pre- and during, and MAG-10 first thing in the morning and last thing at night when my meal plan says take in some protein and carbs, but I struggle with solid foods at those times, and I’m getting bored with chocolately shakes!! I’d also take the MAG-10 on non-training days.

Any advice on the above appreciated, as well as any input on your other products you think may complement the ones I mention. Thanks

[quote]RawLifts wrote:
Hi Chris

I have read lots of posts on this forum, but have some specific questions. I am a raw PL’er in a drug-tested fed and am thinking of trying out either Plazma or MAG-10, or both.

I looked at the labels and looks like neither of these will make me fail a drugs test!

I weight less than 135#, what would the dosing protocol be for Plazma and MAG-10? My plan would be to use Plazma pre- and during, and MAG-10 first thing in the morning and last thing at night when my meal plan says take in some protein and carbs, but I struggle with solid foods at those times, and I’m getting bored with chocolately shakes!! I’d also take the MAG-10 on non-training days.

Any advice on the above appreciated, as well as any input on your other products you think may complement the ones I mention. Thanks[/quote]

Nothing in either of the products will make you fail a screening test in any federation.

Also, if your meal plan says protein + carbs at night, use something else like Metabolic Drive + some ground oats (used as a good source of carbs) as a shake if you want something quick and easy. If you don’t like oats, you can maybe just pour a protein shake over some puffed rice for protein cereal.

There’s only like 10 grams of carbs in MAG-10 plus it’s casein hydrolysate which is better utilized for the pulsing protocol or peri-workout where nutrient timing is a factor.

No, neither <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma nor <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 will cause anyone to fail a drug test.

For Plazma, start with the pre-load serving before training then one serving during training. That should be your sweet spot, but feel free to experiment a little.

Your Mag-10 plan sounds great. Also consider having one serving about an hour after training.

As for other supplements, there are several that would work well for your needs. <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/finibar-competition-bar"target=“new”>Finibar would be great an hour or so before a tough training session. You may want to look into <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/seven"target=“new”>Se7en as well, but we’d suggest getting your workout nutrition plan in place first. That’s where you’ll get the biggest bang for your buck.

Keep us posted!

Thanks both for your replies. Protein rice crispies is definitely something I am going to try! I usually have oatmeal + whey pre-training, but that sounds like an interesting alternative.

I use pepto-pro in Gatorade for me peri-training right now, but I think I’ll give Plazma a try. I’m also looking for something I can use post weigh in (2 hour weigh ins for me) and throughout a meet that won’t give me any GI issues and so maybe I’ll try a couple of Finibars as well as the Plazma.

Will keep you posted on how it works!

[quote]RawLifts wrote:
Thanks both for your replies. Protein rice crispies is definitely something I am going to try! I usually have oatmeal + whey pre-training, but that sounds like an interesting alternative.

I use pepto-pro in Gatorade for me peri-training right now, but I think I’ll give Plazma a try. I’m also looking for something I can use post weigh in (2 hour weigh ins for me) and throughout a meet that won’t give me any GI issues and so maybe I’ll try a couple of Finibars as well as the Plazma.

[/quote]

Plazma would definitely be superior to the Peptopro + Gatorade due to the superior carbs sources in Plazma (very easy on the GI as well, will not cause a insulin crash like Gatorade would either, Gatorade is essentially electroylytes + straight sugar, nothing wrong with straight sugar but it has a tendency to spike your insulin acutely and then cause a crash shortly after).

There’s also a nice electrolytes blend in Plazma but what’s even more important is the two other ergogenics in the formula, betaine (TMG) and citrulline mallate. Betaine can help with power output and citrulline mallate has been shown to improve endurance.

[quote]RawLifts wrote:

[/quote]

Oh yeah, world of difference between your current supplements and Plazma. You’re going to be shocked!

We’ve had a few of our powerlifting members use Plazma and Finibars after weigh-in and during meets. Finibar was originally designed for our competitive Olympic athletes who had to fuel up before and during events without stomach upset, so you’re right on target there.