Biotest

Bikram Yoga Instead of NEPA on V-Diet?

I plan on starting the V-diet in the next few days. I plan on doing the recommended workouts but b/c of very bad shin splints going for long walks is out of the question. I also have a few minor lowerback issues that Bikram Yoga has worked wonders for. I want to know if I can substitute the Bikram Yoga for the Nepa?

Bikram yoga is the “hot yoga.” Believe it or not its a bit of a workout. I didn’t know if this would be too much and hinder results. Thoughts?

Ah…Bikram Yoga is pretty intense - certainly much more than your average NEPA walk, IMHO.

My girlfriend loves the shit.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
Ah…Bikram Yoga is pretty intense - certainly much more than your average NEPA walk, IMHO.

My girlfriend loves the shit.[/quote]

Did two sessions of Bikram in my first week of the V-Diet, and paid for it dearly in the second week…

If you choose to do it, don’t do it often…still I think you will have your heartbeat a lot higher with Bikram than what you would have on a NEPA walk.

Perhaps going quite slowly on an elliptical would be one option to consider?

Bikram Yoga is much too hot for the V-Diet, let alone any diet. The room is beyond hot at nearly 100 degrees, and not worth it. Your goal of being on the V-Diet is physique and craving changes. Bikram Yoga makes very little contribution to that, maybe even prevents it with so much dehydration. You would be better served to just follow the program as is, it is successful just the way Chris wrote it.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Bikram Yoga is much too hot for the V-Diet, let alone any diet. The room is beyond hot at nearly 100 degrees, and not worth it. Your goal of being on the V-Diet is physique and craving changes. Bikram Yoga makes very little contribution to that, maybe even prevents it with so much dehydration. You would be better served to just follow the program as is, it is successful just the way Chris wrote it. [/quote]

I think dehydration is not so much of an issue, you just have to bring enough to drink with you. I had 1.5L of water in which I had mixed 30-40g of BCAA:s and glutamine, that was just enough.

However, I fully agree with you that Bikram is way too much energy taxing from the exercise point of view for the V-Diet and therefore it shouldn’t be used.

Just wondering what the guy can do if he can’t do NEPA?

What about a casual bike ride in the neighborhood?