Biotest

Bike Riding on the V-Diet?

Started the V-Diet about a week ago and so far, I’m feeling good. I do get the odd cravings this first week and I’d dulled those with a handful of almonds. I’m going to try to get off those as I progress.

My question is around biking. Instead of NEPA walks, I go biking as we have quite the trail system around here. I normally do 50k in about an hour and I try to do this every day, but is this too much? I’d hate to kill the biking, as I’m trying to build up for a cycling goal of riding 150k (each way) in July.

Yeah, definitely drop that ASAP. Nuts, in particular, are super calorie-dense and don’t jive at all with the V-Diet because daily calories are already tight.

NEPA means non-exercise, so if that’s a very easy pace, it should be fine. Otherwise, you’re likely looking at recovery issues.

The manual does outright say: “You won’t make the diet work better by going for long run or taking hour-long Spinning classes. Instead, you’ll impede recovery from your weight workouts, have less energy, and possibly cause your body to lose muscle tissue.”
So, proceed accordingly.

Understandable. Just remember that the V-Diet is just 4 weeks of focused prioritized fat loss and body recomposition. In the long run, no pun intended, that’ll make the biking easier since you’ll be hauling around less cargo (as in, body fat).

If you’ve got three weeks left on the V-Diet, that should be plenty of time to stick to the plan 100% and then focus 100% on the long trail with a plan that uses training and nutrition dialed in to support that goal.

So I wanted to give an update and an embarrassing observation.

By the end of Week 1, I was down 4lbs
By the end of Week 2 - no change
By the end of Week 3 - gained 4lbs

WHAT THE HECK - Right? This is where I share an embarrassing observation.

I misread the guide! Yup - 100% my fault and I own it…

I was going with 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive in my shakes as I misread the guide and assumed 1 scoop based on the Metabolic Drive packaging. It wasn’t till last night when I was trolling through forum posts where I saw comments of 2 scoops, so I loaded it back up this morning and WHOLA! right there in black and white… /sigh

So I missed my morning/lunch with 2 scoops, but the rest of today I’ll have them for sure.

Likely my body was going into preservation mode due to so minimal calories coming in. Also explains the hunger!

Another potential reason for the uptick in weight is this past week I got my COVID vaccine shot, so I only got 2 workouts in last week and the rest of the time I had a super sore shoulder and was feeling ‘off’.

My plan now is to re-start week 3…

:slight_smile:

Dude! Well, uh, on the brightside, your supplies will last a bit longer?!

Yeah though, that’s a pretty big SNAFU but a very simple fix now that you’re on the right track. You’re dialed in and headed in a good direction.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.