Biotest

Best Way to Prepare for V-Diet


#1

i ordered the supplements this morning. i plan on starting jan 30th. in order to prepare i have been consuming only 1 meal per day for the past week at dinner time. the rest of the day has been homemade vegetable juices and protein shakes. should i continue to do this or would it be best to eat normally until i start the diet?

also, i plan taking a test run of the workout for the whole week before i start so that i can get the weights locked in and make sure i dont have any issues with the lifts. is this advisable or is it better to continue doing a general strength program up until the day i start?

one last question. ive wanted to quit smoking for a while and i was thinking about quitting the week before i start. will that have any effects on my body that will interfere with the diet?

thanks


#2

Quitting smoking will suck balls on top of a hard diet. But there is no better way to man up and kill all your vices at once.

I would maybe up my fiber intake slightly, a few people have issues with the amount of fiber because they just aren’t used to it.

Nothing wrong with figuring out the workout a week early unless you go over board with it.

These are all just my opinions.


#3
  1. Up to you.

  2. Good idea.

  3. Chase two rabbits and both will escape. As important as it is for you to quit smoking, doing it at the same you adopt a hardcore diet plan may not be wise.


#4

thanks for the responses!


#5

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

  1. Up to you.

  2. Good idea.

  3. Chase two rabbits and both will escape. As important as it is for you to quit smoking, doing it at the same you adopt a hardcore diet plan may not be wise. [/quote]

Do you really think that doing your diet is more important than quitting smoking?

OP…maybe you should quit smoking first, then worry about dieting.


#6

[quote]shadylow wrote:

Do you really think that doing your diet is more important than quitting smoking?

[/quote]

Do you really think I said that?


#7

Greg, I am aiming to start the 30th too (dependant on responses of doing the diet while injured), also a smoker. Personally “one thing at a time” I have put myself through month long programs of no cheats just clean eating and I think if I tried to quit smoking at the same time would be setting myself up for failure.

Look forward to keeping in touch if I have learned one thing a support stucture highly increases the chances of success, lets show em we can smoke this. lol


#8

[quote]Jayrassic wrote:
Greg, I am aiming to start the 30th too (dependant on responses of doing the diet while injured), also a smoker. Personally “one thing at a time” I have put myself through month long programs of no cheats just clean eating and I think if I tried to quit smoking at the same time would be setting myself up for failure.

Look forward to keeping in touch if I have learned one thing a support stucture highly increases the chances of success, lets show em we can smoke this. lol[/quote]

thanks for the reply. i think i am going to quit after the diet. at first i was really excited about getting healthy and wanted to give up everything at once. but now that i have thought about it more and read the responses, i think i would just go insane and fail at both.

are you going to start a diet log? im going to start mine on sunday. since we are starting at the same time i think we will be able to help each other out.


#9

[quote]GregManzo wrote:

[quote]Jayrassic wrote:
Greg, I am aiming to start the 30th too (dependant on responses of doing the diet while injured), also a smoker. Personally “one thing at a time” I have put myself through month long programs of no cheats just clean eating and I think if I tried to quit smoking at the same time would be setting myself up for failure.

Look forward to keeping in touch if I have learned one thing a support stucture highly increases the chances of success, lets show em we can smoke this. lol[/quote]

thanks for the reply. i think i am going to quit after the diet. at first i was really excited about getting healthy and wanted to give up everything at once. but now that i have thought about it more and read the responses, i think i would just go insane and fail at both.

are you going to start a diet log? im going to start mine on sunday. since we are starting at the same time i think we will be able to help each other out.[/quote]

Im just going to put this out there as a counter option- i’m not against your plan or what CS has said.

However my understanding the key to quitting smoking is finding something else to do, well drinking shakes every few hours is probably how often most people get to smoke ( considering the amount of non-smoking work places these days ).

It’s just my take, but your plan is solid and you can’t fail if you focus on 1, then the other. Who knows, as you reprogram your taste you might find you hate cigarettes and quit anyhow.