Biotest

Best Supplement Regiment for Crossfit?

What would be the best supplement regiment for Crossfit? I am looking to gain 10 lbs of muscle mass. I am currently 8-10% body fat and want to remain at or below that %.
Thanks
Don

Biotest Supplements for Crossfit
Creatine and Masters Athlete

[quote]dmichie wrote:
What would be the best supplement regiment for Crossfit? I am looking to gain 10 lbs of muscle mass. I am currently 8-10% body fat and want to remain at or below that %.
Thanks
Don[/quote]

I train several competitive Crossfit athletes. Many of whom have competed at the Canada East regionals Jessica Cote-Beaudoin, Judith Kotiuga, Joannie Lebrun, Annie-Pier Cote, Carolanne Reason-Thibeault, Sophie Leclerc-Trottier/team, Miriam Nourcy/team, Milaine Bouchard/team, Amelie Gagnon, to name a few) and one competed in the Games as a team (PRO1 montreal).

The main supplements I recommend them are PLAZMA which is used for their strength/olympic lifting session, SURGE WORKOUT FUEL which is used for the metcons and MAG-10 which is added post-workout and once or twice afterwards by some.

Note that one of the best Crossfit female athletes in the world uses SURGE WORKOUT FUEL … but I wont name names.

They also have a love affair with BRAIN CANDY. I believe that BRAIN CANDY is the BEST product to get focused, confidant and ready to perform for an intense training day.

BTW, even with it’s high nutrients density, PLAZMA and SURGE WORKOUT FUEL will NOT make you fatter. In fact it can make you lean by:

1. increasing your work capacity/output

2. increasing muscle-building… constructing muscle costs calories and added muscle tissue burn more calories every day

3. highly branched cyclic dextrins actually increases fat use for fuel

What would you suggest the dosing look like for a given day? Would it be similar to the Wendler’s stack?

[quote]Occidius wrote:
What would you suggest the dosing look like for a given day? Would it be similar to the Wendler’s stack?[/quote]

It depends on their workload and type of workout.

If they have more strength/weightlifting work they go with PLAZMA… I have them use 1 scoop per 30 minutes of training. They preload with 1 serving prior to the workout, have one more scoop after 30 minutes, another scoop at the 60 minutes mark for example.

If they have more of a METCON/WOD workout we often go with SURGE WORKOUT FUEL 1 serving prior and 1 serving during the session.

(sorry for the bump)

CT,

How would you incorporate Micro PA and Indigo into this plan? I am weightlifting 4 days a week (60 - 90 min sessions) and doing my Metcons and Gymnastic work separately. Are the benefits of Micro PA specifically not going to be utilized with the low volume of the weightlifting, and the high intensity of a Metcon?

Thanks!