Biotest

Best Stack for My Budget?

Chris, I’m giving myself $150/month for supplements. What do you think would be the best options?

I train 4 days a week typically and will be taking Indigo on maintenance dosage. What do you think would be the best way to spend the remaining ~$80(give or take) per month on peri-workout nutrition. I think I would be able to do MAG-10 and SWF in which I would take 1 serving of MAG-10 30 min before and after training with SWF during. This seems like the best option to me, but I’d like to get your opinion.

I don’t think there’s any way to fit Plazma into this budget unfortunately. What would you recommend?

By the way, I still have a bottle of SWF left so I am going to use this for the time being. I’m also on full dose of Indigo right now. I’m just thinking about the best options for after.

Would you be able to do two servings of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma and the maintenance dose of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G and nothing else? So that would look like this:

Indigo-3G: Six capsules pre-workout on lifting days (pre-dinner on non-lifting days.)

Pre-load serving of Plazma before training.

Second serving of Plazma during training. No Plazma on off days of course.

Generally speaking, even just two servings of Plazma will give you a greater effect than other workout nutrition drinks.

I haven’t worked out the exact math, but with the auto-ship plan for Indigo-3G ($69 per bottle instead of $95) and the multi-unit discount or <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma-reactive-pump-stack"target=“new”>Plazma Reactive Pump Stack that might be doable.

If not, then Surge Workout Fuel during training and a pulse of Mag-10 post training would be a good choice. And instead of having a pre-workout pulse of Mag-10, consider having two post-training, about an hour apart.

I looked at this with the Plazma stack w/ Indigo and another Indigo on autoship and I think it comes out to about $184/month. That might be a bit much unfortunately.

Having 1 serving of Plazma and 2 servings of MAG-10 might come close though. Thats half as many peri-workout carbs as SWF however so I don’t know if that would be the best option.

Somewhat unrelated question about MAG-10. I also have some Finibars left over and saw Meadows recommend MAG-10/Finibar 1 hour before training and another MAG-10 after Plazma. So I have actually been doing that but with SWF during instead. I train at about 6:00pm so having two doses of MAG-10 before post-workout meal (dinner) wouldn’t really be possible. Do you think MAG-10 would be better used pre-bed and after post workout meal or pre-workout with a Finibar?

Once I finish what I have though, I want to get on a consistent plan with Indigo to manage my budget (SWF and Finibars were leftover from late spring).

Mag-10 is very versatile; it’s hard to mess it up. So it’s up to you. Mag-10 with a Finibar pre-workout is great, and many Mag-10 users swear by a pre-bed or first thing in the AM pulse. Your choice. Both work very well.

Sounds good. Which sounds better? If my math is correct, both the following plans are about the same cost.

1 dose Indigo
1 Scoop of Plazma before OR during
MAG-10 after
35g protein, 48g carbs

1 dose Indigo
1 scoop MAG-10 before
2 scoops SWF during
1 scoop MAG-10 after
40g protein, 85g carbs

First, keep in mind that it’s not about the number of carbs of grams of protein. For example, the protein in Mag-10 and Plazma is comprised of a unique di- and tripeptide complex that’s transported ? unaltered, requiring no further breakdown ? directly into the bloodstream. And the particular di-/tripeptide mixture produces effects in muscle that go far beyond simple amino acids from other protein sources.

Peptide structures ? growth hormone and insulin being examples ? have biological activities beyond regular amino acids. The peptide structures also have biological activities above and beyond regular amino acids, making it a totally different animal. In fact, only 20 grams of protein from Mag-10 stimulates protein synthesis, as well as other muscle building and recovery effects, to a far greater degree than what you would get from 100s of grams of conventional protein. (These are not found in SWF.)

The same is true for carbs. “A carb is not a carb” as they say. And these are very different carbs in Mag-10 and Plazma, compared to whole-food carbs.

All that aside, your best bet is to go with plan #1, consuming the single serving of Plazma pre-training. You want to be pre-loaded for sure. Basically, you want it “in you” as you start the workout.

Got it thanks. I’m essentially on plan #2 right now and its working well but will give the first one a try once everything runs out.