Biotest

Best Natural Nut Butter and Fiber

not sure if this is the best forum to post this on, but I’m just about to start the V-Diet (waiting for it to arrive actually) and want to know what you all recommend as the best nut butter? Almond? Peanut? Cashew? Maranatha brand? I don’t want to get caught up in the minuscule but if I’m going to do this,I want to do this right. Also, where did you all purchase your fiber choice sugar free pills from? I’m in Canada btw. Thanks T-Nation.

You may not need the fiber tablets actually. Mainly though, just look for sugar-free. If that “Canada” place you speak of has drug drugs, grocery stores or WalMarts, you can find a wide variety there.

As for nut butter, first makes sure it’s REALLY natural, not fake-natural. The ingredients should say “peanuts, salt” or “almonds, salt” etc. If it says anything else or claims to be “no-stir” then avoid it. Otherwise it could be full of “natural” sugar and questionable oils.

Some say that peanuts are the least-healthy nut since they’re actually legumes, not true nuts. And some folks are allergic to them. Walnut butter or almond butter are probably better, though natural peanut butter has worked just fine for thousands, including me.

Hope that helps. Keep us posted!

I found Smuckers Natural, at Wal-Mart Ingredients, Peanuts >1%salt and it actually taste decent…

I use Smucker’s. Although I think you could just use a serving of actual nuts and still be alright. Pecans, walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, etc.

[quote]Weevo wrote:
I use Smucker’s. Although I think you could just use a serving of actual nuts and still be alright. Pecans, walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, etc.[/quote]

That seldom works, oddly.

People don’t stop eating whole buts vs. blended in nut butter, plus I’ve noticed that the lack of chewing helps break bad eating habits. The taste/craving changes are much more effective using nut butter blended into shakes instead of eating the same cals worth of whole nuts.

[quote]

People don’t stop eating whole buts vs. [/quote]

Agree with this.

Once I get a whole but in my mouth, I can NOT stop eating it!

(Couldn’t resist)

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:

[quote]

Agree with this.

(Couldn’t resist)[/quote]

Damn typos…

Used to have this bad habit of writing “Go tit!” when I meant to write “Got it!” when a contributor would submit an article. One should not call Christian Thibaudeau a tit, even in a supportive manner.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:

[quote]

Agree with this.

(Couldn’t resist)[/quote]

Damn typos…

Used to have this bad habit of writing “Go tit!” when I meant to write “Got it!” when a contributor would submit an article. One should not call Christian Thibaudeau a tit, even in a supportive manner. [/quote]

lol - when I was typing my original email I typed “best but butter” originally…caught that one thankfully.

Thanks for all the tips guys. Mu v-diet package arrived today. “before photos” are wednesday and then away I go…