Biotest

Beginning the V-Diet

After my last knee surgery in 2011 I’ve yoyo’ed in weight and gotten up to my heaviest at about 204 lbsa couple weeks ago. I’ve seen the V-Diet all the way from the initial use with bartl and guspacho and decided I would use it to kick start some fat loss and help kick some bad habits.

So started today, no biggie, but I never expected difficulty day one.

Here are the measurements

Measurement Day:

* Height =6'0"
* Weight =203
* Neck =38.5 cm
* Shoulders =124.5 cm 
* Chest â?? Upper =103.5 cm
* Chest â?? Lower =99 cm 
* Waist â?? at Navel = 94.5 cm
* Waist â?? at largest = 94.9 cm 
* Hips â?? at largest = 93.4 cm
* Upper Arm L v R= 37.5 cm v 38 cm
* Upper Leg L v R = 60.5 cm v 38.9 cm
* Lower Leg L v R = 38.7 cm v 38.9 cm
* Ankle L v R = 24.7 cm v 24.7 cm

I took the pre-diet pictures. But my computer is dead and my battery is at work, I’ll upload them tomorrow when I get it charged.

Day 1:
Workout Day

NEPA: 2 mile walk to gym and back

* Meal One: Chocolate Metabolic Drive, Superfood, Golden Milled Flaxseed, Creatine, Flameout, and Fiber Choice tablet @ 0930.
* Meal Two: Vanilla Metabolic Drive, Flameout, Fiber Choice @ 1230.
* Workout shake: Surge Recovery Original @ 1530
* Meal Three: Banana MD, ZMA, Vitamin D, Flameout , Fiber Choice 1615
* Meal Four: Chocolate and Vanilla Metabolic Drive, Superfood, Golden milled flaxseed, Flameout, Fiber Choice @ 1720
* Meal Five: Planned at 2130 - Chocolate MD, Laura Scudder's Natural Peanut Butter, Flameout, Fiber Choice.

Workout:

Warmup: Foam Roller, Lacrosse ball, Mobility Drills

A)Bent-Over BB Row Underhand Grip - 175-5, 185-5, 185-4, 185-3, 185-2, 185-1
B)Overhead Squat - 95-5, 105-dropped the bar, 95-5, 95-5, 95-5
C)Dip - 40-5, 40-5, 40-5, 40-3, 40-2
D)AB Wheel Rollout - 8, 6, 4, 2

The weight for OHS felt light, but my upper body couldn’t hold the additional 10, I should be able to get it next week. Dips I can go up next week. And the AB Wheel I did from my knees, I may try from my feet next week, or try a weight vest.

Til tomorrow, night!

Before:

Before:

Day 2: Non-workout Day

2 HOT-ROX first thing in the morning:
Meal 1: @ 7:15 Metabolic Drive, Golden Flax, Superfood, creatine, fiber choice, and Flameout
Meal 2: @ 12:15 Metabolic Drive, Water, Flameout, Fiber Choice
1 HOT-RX @ 1345
Meal 3: @ 1515 - Metabolic Drive, Water, Flameout, Fiber Choice
Meal 4: 1830 - Metabolic Drive, Golden Flax, Superfood, Fiber Choice, and Flameout
Meal 5: 2100 - Chocolate Metabolic Drive, Laura Scudder’s, Fiber Choice, and Flameout

NEPA: 2 mile walk with my roomate’s four legged friend, I will need to go further, my time decreased considerably today.

Today was the first day I was around a lot of people eating other food. Weird but it almost smelled different. Most of it was microwavable meals. But I couldn’t really describe how it smelled different. But anyways, stayed pretty busy throughout the work day and I could not get a bit to have a mid morning snack, so thats the 5 hour difference between the first and second meal.

Day 2 down.

Sorry for the Delay

Day 3: Workout Day

Hot-RX 2 Pills @ 6:00
Meal 1:MD, SF, Flax, Fiber Tab, FO @ 0650
Hot -RX @ 10:15
Meal 2:MD, Fiber Tab, FO @11:55
Meal 3:MD, Fiber Tab, FO @ 1515
Meal 4:MD, SF, Flax, Fiber Tab, FO @ 1845
Workout
Workout Shake @ 2100
Meal 5: MD, Laura Scudder’s, Fiber Tab, FO

I left my journal at work today so I will update the reps tomorrow because I don’t remember but here are the weights and exercises

A) Pull Ups (used workout strap)
B) Incline Chest Press DB 60#
C) RDL with BB 185# (I will like switch to DBs next week)
D) Bicep Curls 60#
E) Hanging Leg Raises

NEPA: 1 mile walk to the gym, 1 mile walk back

Day 4:

So I figured out why things smelled different a couple days ago… allergies are a full go… On the bright side it helped today, one of the departments had Zoe’s Catering and I wasn’t as tempted as I probably would have been.

One of the things I’ve noticed is that I feel warmer, almost to the point of sweating, through parts the day. Even in the afternoon, so I don’t know if it is the HOT-RX, and the allergies, sinus congestion, and running nose have me feeling dry mouthed. So, I’m trying to drink more water.

Here’s the meals:

HOT-RX 2 Pills - 0605
Meal 1) MD, SF, FLAX, Creatine @ 0700 (forgot to take the fiber tab and FO, got busy at work)
HOT-RX 2 Pills - 1100
Meal 2) MD, FO x 2, Fiber Tab x 2 @ 1215
Meal 3) MD, FO, Fiber Tab @ 1530
Meal 4) MD, SF, FLAX, FO, Fiber Tab @ 1915
Meal 5) Planned for 2130 - MD, Laura Scudder’s

NEPA: 3 mile walk

Keep at it mate. Short term discomfort for long term gain.

Here are the numbers from Wednesday’s workout:

A) Pull-Ups (using small workout band) 10, 8, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2
B) Incline DB Bench Press Neutral: 60# DBs 8, 7, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 3 Might have had a bit more rest on that last one
C)RDL 185# 8, 8, 8, 6, 5, 5 - Too light, I know, but tweaked my back a few weeks ago on RDLs and easing back in
D)Bicep Curl BB 60# 9, 9, 7, 7, 4, 4 - going up next time
E)Hang Leg Raises - 9, 7, 3, 4, 3, 1, 1, Switched to Supine Dragon Flags 7, 5 I ran out of the tank on that one…

About to head to the gym. Updates for meals to follow.

Day 5: Workout Day

HOT-RX - 0610
Meals 1)MD, SF, Flax, FO, Fiber Tab - 0705
HOT -RX - 1100
Meal 2) MD, FO, Fiber Tab - 1200
Meal 3) MD, FO, Fiber Tab - 1550
Meal 4) MD, SF, Flax, FO, Fiber Tab - 1845
Workout - 2100
Post Workout Surge 2215
Meal 5) FO, Fiber Tab, I ate the two scoops of peanut butter seperate, MD - 2320

Here are the workout numbers

A) Front Squat 175# Using Straps - 4, 4, 5, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1
B) Bench Press Close Grip 175# 5, 5, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2
C) Chin Up Body Weight - 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2
D) Push Press DB 45# 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Yes my core is so weak I can only do a front squat with same amount as my bench, working on it. Then as far as push press goes, I have never been able to lift heavy weight without significant pain in the R anterior shoulder. So I will keep this lighter in general, I might switch the exercise to the Giant set: Front Plate Raise, ABD, and seated upright row to ER and overhead press. That has never killed my shoulder.

The workouts are rough so far, I imagine tomorrow will hurt, but looking forward to it.

Also HSM on Sunday, I’m looking for some grass fed beef. I’ll make a marinade with olive oil, garlic powder, and some salt, and mix it with the meat for a few hours. I’ll grill some asparagus with olive oil and garlic powder, then do grilled squash and zucchini kabobs. For dessert I was thinking some mango. We’ll see. Night! Gotta work tomorrow morning!

Thanks for the support!

Yesterdays V-Burn Day:

HOT-ROX 2 Tabs 0620
Meal 1) Metabolic Drive, SF, Flax, Creatine, Fiber Tab, Flameout @ 0715
HOT-ROX 2 Tabs 1000
Meal 2) Metabolic Drive, Flameout, Fiber Tab @ 1215
Meal 3) MD, FO, Fiber Tab @ 1545
Got off work 1600 came home and napped from 1645 to 1830
Workout - V-Burn - 39:72
Workout Shake @ ~1930
Meal 4) Metabolic Drive, Superfood, Flax, Flameout, Fiber Tab @ 2000
Meal 5) Started at 2200 but I ate the peanut butter separate with the fiber tab and Flameout, and had the shake a little later while watching Game of Thrones with the girlfriend was done with it all around 2330

Two nights the past week I have had some stomach pain, enough to want to lie down, but I am not sure if it is a reaction to all the shakes or just all the congestion I am having.

Also, I have been having really terrible gas… I mean vile, hoping this doesn’t go on the whole time on the diet. I work around a lot of people…

Other than that, doing well, smells of others food is the most tempting because I haven’t really been hungry aside from the normal hunger of not eating from 0700 to 1200 because of work.

Day 6 done!

Day 7 and V-Burn Day :

Oops forgot in the last post:

I walked approximately 3.8 miles at work yesterday, which is outside the norm on most days, so I didn’t do a typical NEPA. I’ve also been taking the stairs everyday.

Did the advanced level of the V-Burn challenge but with two modifcations

• I cannot do 10 Hand stand pushups so I substituted Pike Pushups
  • Single leg deadlifts with lateral reach and twist - I could not hold my balance, so went to single leg deadlifts
  • I suck at these workouts…

Day 7: Completely Off day

Didn’t have to work today or workout… went around town trying to find cuts of grass fed beef and found Grass Fed New York strips for me and the GF. Bought Asparagus, Zucchini, Squash and Mango for the rest of the dinner. The cuts were 1.31 lbs and about even in size, so it may be a little higher calorie count than is called for.

I made the marinade for the meat too. I used 3 tsp of EVOO, 2.5 tsp garlic, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, and .5 tsp salt. Stirred it together in a bowl and coated the then coated the meat on all sides. I put each piece in a zip-loc bag and got as much air out as I could. They are sitting now… looking forward to the first HSM!

HOT-ROX-0920
Meal 1) Metabolic Drive, Superfood, FLAX, Fiber Tab, Flameout @1020
HOT-RX 1130
MEAL 2) Metabolic Drive, Fiber Tab, Flameout @ 1400
MEAL 3) Metabolic Drive, Fiber Tab, Flameout @ 1700
Rest to come…

Also - not a big fan of the banana flavor, wish I would have bought more chocolate and vanilla

Awesome meal! Never cooking squash and zucchini another way…

Awesome meal! I’m thinking Chicken Curry next week. I will probably schedule it for thursday night which is an off day. It is also a good day for a date with the girlfriend since she is leaving town on friday and I leave town on Saturday morning.

End of day 7. I let my meal take the place of Meal #4 and had meal #5 around midnight… I need to be getting to bed earlier.

Day 8: Start of week 2.

I didn’t weigh this morning, I wasn’t close to a scale. Will do in the morning tomorrow so it is consistent. I know the plan is to measure and photograph progress, but I would rather focus on how I feel. My pants are fitting better, my knees don’t hurt at the end of work each day, and I am not having the same cravings for junk food.

So here’s the meals and workout:

HOT-ROX - 2 tabs 0620
Meal 1 - The usual - with creatine @ 720
HOT-ROX - 2 tabs 1030
Meal 2 - 1215
Meal 3 1530
Workout 1800 NEPA walk to and from GYM
Workout Shake - 1850
Meal 4 2000
Meal 5 - planned for 2215

Workout - 20 reps per, 25 sec rest, 4-5 rep max
A) Bent Over Barbell Row Supinated Grip - 185# 6, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2,
B) OH Squat - 105# 1, 4, 5, 5, 5, 1 = 21
C) Dips 40# 5,5,5,5
D) Ab Wheel 14, 6

I lost the OH Squat the first attempt, got one rep the second (decided not to count it), and got my groove by the 3rd set. I plan on going up another 10 pounds next week as my upper body is the limiting factor.

Dips I will replace next week, I keep feeling that ol’ familiar feeling in the right shoulder. Don’t feel like it is challenging me at this weight and I don’t want this lift to limit me with other exercises.

One day late: Day 9

Usual for the meals.

NEPA = 3 Mile Walk.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and was down to 193. Thats a 10 pund difference from the week before. So things are moving forward.

It’s also getting easier to be around others with food. I’m not having cravings as badly as last week. They’re still there but not as bad.

Today: Day 10:

Meals as ususal, did the fourth shake before the workout. I was feeling a little empty. Wednesday workouts ar the roughest for me. Here it is: 40 Reps 8-9 RM 40 sec rest

A)Wide Grip Pull Up With Workout Band- My numbers were different this week, I think I didn’t go wide enough last week. 9, 8, 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1
B) Incline DB Press Neutral Grip: 60# 11, 8, 5, 3, 5, 4, 3, 1
C) RDL 185# 9, 9, 7, 7, 5, 3
D) Bicep Curl 70# 9, 8, 6, 4, 4, 3
E) Hanging Leg Raise: 10, 7, 4, 4, 2, 1, 1, Switched to supine 8, 3

Felt like I was in the gym a long time but definitely challenged.

Sorry to be short, but I have a lot on my plate this week. Weekend course this weekend, so I have to study up, one year review at work I have to prepare for. But still here. night guys!

10 pounds! well done mate. Keep posting, your success helps keeps me motivated.

I’m still here! I missed the workout on saturday, but moved it to today and just finished it. Ill post more tomorrow, I’m on my phone now. Two weeks down!