Biotest

Bartl vs. The V-Diet

Whats up everyone. It’s been a while since I started a log or at least one that was worth actually posting on everyday. So what better place and what better forum to start posting again than here for the V-Diet!

So things have changed for me this year. I was going to do 4 triathlon’s in 4 months, but one race was canceled due to lack of sponsors, one conflicted with an internship I’m doing at Alwyn Cosgrove’s gym and the fourth one isn’t until September so that is still a possibility.

I just finished my first race this year, and while the results weren’t what I was hoping for, I still finished and beat my time from last year.

Problem is, while my BF is way down, I still have way too much fat for my liking. So, the purpose of me doing this diet is to completely shred away my fat, so when I do my next race, I am not carrying around all this stubborn fat that I can’t burn.

I also am using this now because by the time I am finished, summer will just be starting here. So yes, I will be showing off my body to all the ladies. I figure I might as well use my body for some good :slight_smile:

With all that to chew on, I ordered my supp’s today and can’t decide when I should start: when I get them or next Monday. I would really like to use Sunday for my one HSM but I can manage either way.

Chirp away ladies and gentlemen. Just make sure you are seated with your belst tightly fastened, because this is going to be one hell of a wild ride!

And the legend reappears. (How’s that for an ego boost?) Given how your last blog was, this is going to be a fun/interesting read.

[quote]Bartl wrote:
With all that to chew on, I ordered my supp’s today and can’t decide when I should start: when I get them or next Monday. I would really like to use Sunday for my one HSM but I can manage either way.[/quote]

This is my 3rd time on the V Diet and had the easiest transition by far, mainly because I went low carb for a couple weeks beforehand. I have no idea what your meal plan is like right now, but I suggest considering a low carb approach to help avoid nausea/headaches and get used to lower energy.

Or since you already know what to expect, just jump right in.

Wow, I was shocked to see this thread!

For those that don’t know, Bartl has already made a shocking transformation:

This next step should be interesting!

Glad to have you here. This is one to watch.

[quote]Tech9 wrote:
This is my 3rd time on the V Diet and had the easiest transition by far, mainly because I went low carb for a couple weeks beforehand. I have no idea what your meal plan is like right now, but I suggest considering a low carb approach to help avoid nausea/headaches and get used to lower energy.
[/quote]

Though this is my first time through, I have to agree with this idea. I was already pretty carb-depleted when I started the diet and the transition was much easier than I expected, and certainly easier than it has been for quite a few posters here. Now, if I had gone all out for a few days (or longer) the resulting crash would have made the first week a lot tougher.

Demo Dick

[quote]Tech9 wrote:
And the legend reappears. (How’s that for an ego boost?)[/quote] thats bad ass!

[quote]Given how your last blog was, this is going to be a fun/interesting read.

Bartl wrote:
With all that to chew on, I ordered my supp’s today and can’t decide when I should start: when I get them or next Monday. I would really like to use Sunday for my one HSM but I can manage either way.

Or since you already know what to expect, just jump right in. [/quote]

I will prolly just jump right in actually. I don’t eat a lot of carbs anyways and had to go completely carbless before my race to deplete my glycogen stores. Was pretty bad ass because I lost 7.8 pounds in 7 days doing so. But going carbless isn’t much of a problem. Not eating food is, so that will be one of my challenges.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Wow, I was shocked to see this thread!

For those that don’t know, Bartl has already made a shocking transformation:

This next step should be interesting!

Glad to have you here. This is one to watch.

[/quote]

Didn’t think you could get rid of me that easily did you Shugs?

My first transformation was epic and completely changed my life. I have been clean and drug free since starting and my body is pretty stoked on life. Well, minus the horrible hyperventilation that hit me during the swim portion of my race and the double quad cramp at the start of a 3.1 mile hill climb on the run.

Other than that its good!

But I want more. I’m tired of pinching what little fat I have left. I’m tired of still having some fat on my chest and I’m fucking tired of having that stubborn fat around my lower back.

its on now brother

[quote]Demo Dick wrote:
Tech9 wrote:

Though this is my first time through, I have to agree with this idea. I was already pretty carb-depleted when I started the diet and the transition was much easier than I expected, and certainly easier than it has been for quite a few posters here. Now, if I had gone all out for a few days (or longer) the resulting crash would have made the first week a lot tougher.

Demo Dick

[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up.

I kind of like torturing myself and making things as hard as absolutely possible, so jumping right in sounds like its right up my alley.

Hey Chris, I just read your story. What an inspiration! Great motivation for me. Thank you.

You’ll kill this thing.

Bartl, are you going to be posting current pics?

bartl great to see you around again. You were kind of my impetus to try this thing.

Can’t wait to see what you get out of it- as Shugs said in my blog “welcome to the crazy train”

[quote]LeftNut wrote:
Hey Chris, I just read your story. What an inspiration! Great motivation for me. Thank you.

You’ll kill this thing.

[/quote]

Sweet dude, I’m glad you enjoyed the story. I don’t know what was more fun, living it or writing it!

[quote]skyel7 wrote:
Bartl, are you going to be posting current pics?[/quote]

oh hell ya! pictures, measurements and if my callipers get here in time, body fat!

[quote]Reaper Man wrote:
bartl great to see you around again. You were kind of my impetus to try this thing.

Can’t wait to see what you get out of it- as Shugs said in my blog “welcome to the crazy train”[/quote]

not quite sure what ‘impetus’ means but I hope its a good thing…

[quote]Bartl wrote:

Chirp away ladies and gentlemen. Just make sure you are seated with your belst tightly fastened, because this is going to be one hell of a wild ride![/quote]

Right on Chris! I’m really looking forward to seeing you kick ass on the V-Diet! Glad you aren’t starting on Christmas Eve, only crazy people do that!

Alright man, knock this outta the park and show em how to finish stronger than you started! You’ve got my support Bro and any help I can give!

Kick ass Chris!

Gus

I’m excited for your ride to start! Keep us posted…

[quote]gustavopacho wrote:
Bartl wrote:

Chirp away ladies and gentlemen. Just make sure you are seated with your belst tightly fastened, because this is going to be one hell of a wild ride!

Right on Chris! I’m really looking forward to seeing you kick ass on the V-Diet! Glad you aren’t starting on Christmas Eve, only crazy people do that!

Alright man, knock this outta the park and show em how to finish stronger than you started! You’ve got my support Bro and any help I can give!

Kick ass Chris!

Gus

[/quote]

hell ya gus! I was hoping you would stop by. Trust me, I will prolly be hitting you up a lot my friend so dont you worry about that.

[quote]username wrote:
I’m excited for your ride to start! Keep us posted…[/quote]

I’m excited too. mainly because the amount of ass I plan on getting but that’s a whole nother topic all in itself.

[quote]Bartl wrote:
username wrote:

I’m excited too. mainly because the amount of ass I plan on getting but that’s a whole nother topic all in itself.[/quote]

Nature’s motivator, I call it.

One of the old school Pissed Off People. Awesome. As with a lot of other people your original story was a kick in the ass for me. I’ll be looking for another swift boot with this thread.

[quote]username wrote:
Bartl wrote:
username wrote:

I’m excited too. mainly because the amount of ass I plan on getting but that’s a whole nother topic all in itself.

Nature’s motivator, I call it.[/quote]

America’s play ground is Santa Barbara during the summer. Considering I bartend at the hottest place in town and it happens to be 10 steps from the beach, I would say my odd’s are pretty good.