Biotest

Banana Peanut Flour Bread (gluten free)

Chris freaks out when I make this stuff, so judging by his reaction it’s pretty good… I’ve actually got a loaf waiting for him when he gets home.

I’ve stopped measuring out most ingredients, so this recipe is a guess of what I eye-balled and threw together yesterday. Feel free to play around with it.

1 1/4 C peanut flour (almond flour would be fine too)
2 Large ripe bananas
3 Large eggs
1/4 C milled flax (optional)
2 Heaping tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 Cup Splenda, Stevia, or your favorite sweetener (optional – bananas add sweetness on their own)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Obscene amounts of cinnamon (Who measures that out? Seriously.)
Couple dashes of ginger

1. Mash bananas and coconut oil and together
  2. Add peanut flour
  3. Mix eggs in one at a time
  4. Add remaining ingredients and mix well
  5. Pour batter into bread pan (I like to oil a pan with coconut oil, then add coconut flour to keep it from sticking.)
  6. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes

I’m so making this before I leave vacation!

I’ve got some candied ginger that if you crush up really well makes a great little flavor explosion. Would be good to use this recipe to make muffins and just top with a few sprinkles…

Hmm.

I love you guys this is my favorite bread & I haven’t eaten any since dropping gluten from my diet…this is getting made this weekend. I may eat the whole loaf :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for sharing! Can’t wait to finish my mini-V-diet and give it a try.

I make something similar but use oat flour and brown rice flour and add in the zest and juice of a large orange. Sweeten with organic raw tupelo honey instead of the stevia. Excellent breakfast or dessert bread.

I made this today & ate almost half the loaf. Good stuff!